To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
pepperonikkid

China develops weapons to fry US electric grid, eyes high-tech ‘Pearl Harbor’ attack

Rate this topic

pepperonikkid

China develops weapons to fry US electric grid, eyes high-tech ‘Pearl Harbor’ attack

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/

by Paul Bedard, Washington Secrets Columnist

June 18, 2020

Article:

With the help of stolen U.S. technology, China has developed at least three types of high-tech weapons to attack the electric grid and key technologies in a “surprise Pearl Harbor” assault that could send America into a deadly blackout, according to a new analysis.

According to the report from the independent EMP Task Force on National and Homeland Security, China has built a network of satellites, high-speed missiles, and “super-electromagnetic pulse” weapons that could melt down the U.S. electric network, fry critical communications, and stifle aircraft carrier groups.

According to the report, written by the task force’s executive director, Peter Pry, long an expert on EMP warfare, China developed the weapons as part of its “Total Information Warfare” that includes hacking raids on computers.

What’s more, despite China’s promises to attack only after being attacked, Pry revealed new data to show that the communist nation is lying and eager to shoot first with “high-altitude electromagnetic pulse,” or HEMP, weapons launched from satellites, ships, and land.

“China’s military doctrine — including numerous examples presented here of using HEMP attack
to win on the battlefield, defeat U.S. aircraft carriers, and achieve against the U.S. homeland a surprise ‘Pearl Harbor’ writ large — is replete with technical and operational planning consistent with a nuclear first-strike,” said Pry in his report provided to Secrets. It is shown below.

He added that while some believe China’s promise not to fire first, there are key U.S. officials who don’t buy it. For example, he cited February 2020 testimony from the chief of U.S. Strategic Command, Adm. Charles Richard, who said that he could “drive a truck through China’s no first use policy.”

Full Story

LeansToTheRight
38 minutes ago, Howsithangin said:

How can we tactfully suggest California?

OMG.  Post of the year!   🤣

• Best Post (+1) 1

Ticked@TinselTown
47 minutes ago, Howsithangin said:

They'd be perfectly suited to survive such an attack, what with all that wind energy and green doctrines they adhere to... :rolleyes:

• Like (+1) 1

RedSoloCup
4 hours ago, Howsithangin said:

Winner winner chicken dinner. 

Dean Adam Smithee

Meh. China won't use these first, because it would be the LAST time they used these. They can't possible take out enough stuff simultaneously to avoid massive retaliation.

Bear in mind that the stuff we could retaliate with isn't all located in the US.

us-military-reach.gif

Severian

That assumes someone is in control in the US who has the stones to retaliate. Obama would apologize. Trump would be impeached, assuming anyone was left alive to impeach him.

Dean Adam Smithee
1 hour ago, Severian said:

That assumes someone is in control in the US who has the stones to retaliate. Obama would apologize. Trump would be impeached, assuming anyone was left alive to impeach him.

It's something I've always wondered about, and in these days of EMP/HEMP possibilities, maybe not entirely fanciful.

The current line of succession of those who have the "football" with the finger potentially on "the button" is:

1 Vice President Mike Pence Republican

2 Speaker of the House of Representatives Nancy Pelosi Democratic

3 President pro tempore of the Senate Chuck Grassley Republican

4 Secretary of State Mike Pompeo Republican

5 Secretary of the Treasury Steven Mnuchin Republican

6 Secretary of Defense Mark Esper Republican

7 Attorney General William Barr Republican

8 Secretary of the Interior David Bernhardt Republican

9 Secretary of Agriculture Sonny Perdue Republican

10 Secretary of Commerce Wilbur Ross Republican

11 Secretary of Labor Eugene Scalia Republican

12 Secretary of Health and Human Services Alex Azar Republican

13 Secretary of Housing and Urban Development Ben Carson Republican

— Secretary of Transportation Elaine Chao  Republican (Not "natural born citizen", born in Taiwan, thus ineligible)

14 Secretary of Energy Dan Brouillette Republican

15 Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos Republican

16 Secretary of Veterans Affairs Robert Wilkie Republican

17 Secretary of Homeland Security Chad Wolf Republican

It may be apocryphal, but I once heard or read that no more than a certain number of these are allowed to be in the same place at the same time "just in case". Still, though, it's not impossible that a well-coordinated several attacks can take out the entire 17. What then? What if NOBODY has "the football"? Or what if the Aide-de-Camp carrying the football is taken out and/or the football itself is destroyed? THEN what?  (Surely there's a "backup" football in an "undisclosed location"???) Is there a point at which military commanders who, in the event of a EMP/HEMP attack can't contact ANYONE in the chain-of-command, can take it upon themselves and 'over-ride' the codes that would ordinarily need to come from the football? And, if, so, what's to stop a rogue officer from doing so? 

I'm probably asking WAY too many pesky questions that are well beyond my pay grade. I'm certainly stratospheres above "Need to Know" territory. But I want to know, just for my own peace of mind. 

oki
On 6/19/2020 at 12:03 AM, Howsithangin said:

No kidding, with the way that state is headed, it either would be an improvement or wouldn't make much difference. 

oki
On 6/19/2020 at 10:12 AM, Dean Adam Smithee said:

Meh. China won't use these first, because it would be the LAST time they used these. They can't possible take out enough stuff simultaneously to avoid massive retaliation.

Bear in mind that the stuff we could retaliate with isn't all located in the US.

us-military-reach.gif

My belief is they wouldn't even need to use an EMP type device.  Why?  Because damn near all routers, switches and servers are made in China.  We have already found embedded back doors in numerous devices.  With a back door not only can you obtain data, but definitely location.   That would allow them to focus E.M.P. where they do not have access, and send erase commands where they do have access. 

Severian
On 6/20/2020 at 1:30 PM, Dean Adam Smithee said:

It's something I've always wondered about, and in these days of EMP/HEMP possibilities, maybe not entirely fanciful.

The current line of succession of those who have the "football" with the finger potentially on "the button" is:

1 Vice President Mike Pence Republican

2 Speaker of the House of Representatives Nancy Pelosi Democratic

3 President pro tempore of the Senate Chuck Grassley Republican

4 Secretary of State Mike Pompeo Republican

5 Secretary of the Treasury Steven Mnuchin Republican

6 Secretary of Defense Mark Esper Republican

7 Attorney General William Barr Republican

8 Secretary of the Interior David Bernhardt Republican

9 Secretary of Agriculture Sonny Perdue Republican

10 Secretary of Commerce Wilbur Ross Republican

11 Secretary of Labor Eugene Scalia Republican

12 Secretary of Health and Human Services Alex Azar Republican

13 Secretary of Housing and Urban Development Ben Carson Republican

— Secretary of Transportation Elaine Chao  Republican (Not "natural born citizen", born in Taiwan, thus ineligible)

14 Secretary of Energy Dan Brouillette Republican

15 Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos Republican

16 Secretary of Veterans Affairs Robert Wilkie Republican

17 Secretary of Homeland Security Chad Wolf Republican

It may be apocryphal, but I once heard or read that no more than a certain number of these are allowed to be in the same place at the same time "just in case". Still, though, it's not impossible that a well-coordinated several attacks can take out the entire 17. What then? What if NOBODY has "the football"? Or what if the Aide-de-Camp carrying the football is taken out and/or the football itself is destroyed? THEN what?  (Surely there's a "backup" football in an "undisclosed location"???) Is there a point at which military commanders who, in the event of a EMP/HEMP attack can't contact ANYONE in the chain-of-command, can take it upon themselves and 'over-ride' the codes that would ordinarily need to come from the football? And, if, so, what's to stop a rogue officer from doing so? 

I'm probably asking WAY too many pesky questions that are well beyond my pay grade. I'm certainly stratospheres above "Need to Know" territory. But I want to know, just for my own peace of mind. 

Which is why we need a Wing Attack Plan R. Just sayin.

The list reminds me of the "new" version of Battlestar Galactica. After the Cylon attacks, the Secretary of Education becomes president.

Dean Adam Smithee
11 hours ago, Severian said:

Which is why we need a Wing Attack Plan R. Just sayin.

The list reminds me of the "new" version of Battlestar Galactica. After the Cylon attacks, the Secretary of Education becomes president.

Dr._Strangelove_-_Wing_Attack_Plan_R.png

Wouldn't surprise me if we have one. Their people may have been 'planning', but our people haven't exactly been sitting on their hands either.

I've NO idea what the military might have in mind.  But I DO know that, in general from an "engineering" standpoint, EMP is taken VERY seriously amongst power grid folks... not necessarily because of enemy attack but because of solar flares etc, ESPECIALLY since the March 1989 geomagnetic storm that not only "caused a nine-hour outage of Hydro-Québec's electricity transmission system." but also "Some satellites in polar orbits lost control for several hours. GOES weather satellite communications were interrupted, causing weather images to be lost. NASA's TDRS-1 communication satellite recorded over 250 anomalies caused by the increased particles flowing into its sensitive electronics.[6] The Space Shuttle Discovery was having its own problems: a sensor on one of the tanks supplying hydrogen to a fuel cell was showing unusually high pressure readings on March 13. The problem went away after the solar storm subside"

• Agree (+1) 1

Severian

I remember an old story about General Curtis LeMay back in the day when he was head of Strategic Air Command. Congress types told him, you know, our studies indicate that in the event of a sneak attack your aircraft would all be caught on the ground so your alert birds are useless. He said, yeah, our studies say the same but if my intel shows that the Russians are about to attack I'll nuke the back to the stone age. You will? But only the President has that authority. LeMan allegedly said you keep on believing that. Knowing LeMay, he was probably right.

• Agree (+1) 2

MontyPython
16 hours ago, Dean Adam Smithee said:

Dr._Strangelove_-_Wing_Attack_Plan_R.png

One of my all-time favorite movies.

:yes:

Dean Adam Smithee
On 6/24/2020 at 2:11 PM, Severian said:

I remember an old story about General Curtis LeMay back in the day when he was head of Strategic Air Command. Congress types told him, you know, our studies indicate that in the event of a sneak attack your aircraft would all be caught on the ground so your alert birds are useless. He said, yeah, our studies say the same but if my intel shows that the Russians are about to attack I'll nuke the back to the stone age. You will? But only the President has that authority. LeMan allegedly said you keep on believing that. Knowing LeMay, he was probably right.

My mind keeps coming back to the story I posted a month or two back about the US Navy Submarine that had been incommunicado for a period of time under the polar ice cap, and wondered what it would be like for them if they'd submerged before this COVID-19 thing and resurfaced in the midst of the worldwide lockdown, a completely different world.

Suppose that same Submarine, possibly an SSBN carrying ballistic missiles, emerged after an EMP/HEMP attack, couldn't contact anyone in the presidential line of succession but COULD contact a non-CONUS Navy Comms station such as Adak AK or Rota Spain or Karamursel Turkey, enough to learn what had happened?

OR, given that constitutionally it is congress that actually has the "authority", suppose an attack took out the ENTIRE presidential succession list, including the Aide carrying the "football" with the launch codes. But a majority of the (surviving) Members of Congress could form a quorum and declare war per the constitution?

THEN WHAT?  There's GOTTA be a back-door way for individual commanders to do what needs to be done. There just HAS to be.

MontyPython

:coffeenpc: 

Sorry, but as soon as I read "HEMP attack", I could only picture people coughing, LOL:

Cannabis-Cough-e1485960949151.pngVLI27MUGXRE4BOF6NM524KEUKI.jpgb3d326569139c4605cd9adaa8a484a49_400x400