pepperonikkid

There, I've said it. Somebody had to.

Rate this topic

searcher

Don't forget :usabiker:

Mark

• Agree (+1) 1

mliff1

Thank you very much for posting this. I've been saying for years that the American Indian was treated worse than any group on this list. But, everyone of those groups has been screwed.

• Agree (+1) 2

Weaseljd

Little known fact.  The British also imported white slaves to the Americas, and continued to sell their convicts into slavery to other British colonies even after the war of independence.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 1

oki

Also add Germans(who are usually very white), hell a number where even interned in camps during WWII and possibly WWI.

• Agree (+1) 1

Dutch13

You just know it had to be somebody named.................................................Karen.

• Best Post (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

scotsman
33 minutes ago, Weaseljd said:

Little known fact.  The British also imported white slaves to the Americas, and continued to sell their convicts into slavery to other British colonies even after the war of independence.

Indentured servants, from the time of the Civil War (1642-51) and through to the Jacobite uprising of 1745-46. A  mix of Scots, Irish both Catholic and Protestant, Welsh and of course English. Britain outlawed all slavery in 1807, with the last colonies doing away with it by 1833. And indentured servant would be free after seven years of consentual contract work or punishment.

Weaseljd
19 minutes ago, scotsman said:

Indentured servants, from the time of the Civil War (1642-51) and through to the Jacobite uprising of 1745-46. A  mix of Scots, Irish both Catholic and Protestant, Welsh and of course English. Britain outlawed all slavery in 1807, with the last colonies doing away with it by 1833. And indentured servant would be free after seven years of consentual contract work or punishment.

Assuming they lived the full seven years.  Lot of evidence that many young children were also forcibly sold into indentured service and were literally worked to death during their time working the tobacco plantations in the south.

The reputation of how harsh the american colonies were and how bad the life was for indentured servants caused many criminals in Britain to request hanging instead of being sold to the colonies. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 1

scotsman
25 minutes ago, Weaseljd said:

Assuming they lived the full seven years.  Lot of evidence that many young children were also forcibly sold into indentured service and were literally worked to death during their time working the tobacco plantations in the south.

The reputation of how harsh the american colonies were and how bad the life was for indentured servants caused many criminals in Britain to request hanging instead of being sold to the colonies. 

Very true.

bearded old man

Back in the 60's even people with long hair were discriminated against.  I had long hair and drove a van and was pulled over and searched for drugs numerous times.  If I stuffed my hair under a baseball cap I was left alone.

• Agree (+1) 3

LongKnife

Don’t forget red-headed stepchildren.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 1

MontyPython
12 minutes ago, bearded old man said:

Back in the 60's even people with long hair were discriminated against.  I had long hair and drove a van and was pulled over and searched for drugs numerous times.  If I stuffed my hair under a baseball cap I was left alone.

You & me both!

:yes:

• Agree (+1) 1

Ticked@TinselTown

Here's a new call to action:  #ALLDiscriminationMatters

• Agree (+1) 2

Magic Rat
38 minutes ago, MontyPython said:

You & me both!

But did you take off your hat and say "imagine that?  Huh, me, working for you"?

oki
53 minutes ago, bearded old man said:

But did you ever go in to ask him why?

:D

Hell, I now damn well growing up I was discriminated against growing up just because of my address.

• Agree (+1) 1

searcher
3 hours ago, bearded old man said:

Yup. And been refused motel rooms, service in restaurants and bars, and told to leave town by police. Even got threatened with jail if I entered a town once. Not even mentioning all the times I was pulled over for questioning for no reason.

Mark

• Agree (+1) 1

searcher
5 hours ago, mliff1 said:

Thank you very much for posting this. I've been saying for years that the American Indian was treated worse than any group on this list. But, everyone of those groups has been screwed.

Very true. As bad as a lot of Reservation land is I bet if something important was discovered there they would be escoteted to an even "better" piece of ground so we could take it.

Mark

Ticked@TinselTown
25 minutes ago, searcher said:

Very true. As bad as a lot of Reservation land is I bet if something important was discovered there they would be escoteted to an even "better" piece of ground so we could take it.

Mark

Talk to the Osage.  Thanks to the prescience of Chief Big Hart, the tribe members are raking in money on head rights, but it also put a price on their heads back in the day, which was why the FBI built such a large complex in OKC, all those pesky accidents involving the Osage, liquor and parking their vehicles on the railroad tracks...

• Agree (+1) 1

Rock N' Roll Right Winger
2 hours ago, searcher said:

Yup. And been refused motel rooms, service in restaurants and bars, and told to leave town by police. Even got threatened with jail if I entered a town once. Not even mentioning all the times I was pulled over for questioning for no reason.

Mark

Naaw!

Everyone knows that happens to black people ONLY?

Rock N' Roll Right Winger
5 hours ago, oki said:

Hell, I now damn well growing up I was discriminated against growing up just because of my address.

So was I.

JerryL
6 hours ago, MontyPython said:

You & me both!

And the sign said, long haired freaky people need not apply.

JerryL
5 hours ago, Magic Rat said:

But did you take off your hat and say "imagine that?  Huh, me, working for you"?

5 hours ago, oki said:

Should have read further before replying!

Severian

To give you an idea just how well they treated and thought of orphans sent to the New World back then, they were used to ferry small pox vaccine (aka cow pox). Figure out the length of time to go from infection to pustules that could be harvested, divide length of trip by that number to get the number of orphans per ship needed to ferry the cow pox across and have a viable infected kid available to use to use for inoculation at the end.

LongKnife
10 hours ago, mliff1 said:

Thank you very much for posting this. I've been saying for years that the American Indian was treated worse than any group on this list.

I don’t know if you could get treated much worse than the Jews in Nazi Germany.

MontyPython
7 hours ago, Magic Rat said:

7 hours ago, oki said:

1 hour ago, JerryL said:

And the sign said, long haired freaky people need not apply.

Do this! Don't do that! Can't you read the sign?