To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
GrimV

A 'Victimless Offense:' Ossoff Mirrors Biden's Rhetoric on Decriminalizing Driving Under the Influence

Rate this topic

GrimV

A 'Victimless Offense:' Ossoff Mirrors Biden's Rhetoric on Decriminalizing Driving Under the Influence

Reagan McCarthy

Townhall.com

Georgia Senate hopeful Jon Ossoff took a radical stance on drunk driving as a crime in the wake of the death of Rayshard Brooks, who was detained for driving under the influence and later shot and killed by Atlanta police officers. In a radio interview with Georgia radio host Dean Obeidallah, Ossoff claimed that Brooks committed a “victimless crime,” and that the law enforcement officers’ lives were not in danger.

“This was a man who was detained for a victimless offense. He was asleep in a car at a drive-thru,” Ossoff said. “He didn’t have a deadly weapon, there wasn’t an officer’s life at risk, and he [Brooks] shouldn’t have died.”

While Brooks’ death was tragic, to insinuate that the responding officers’ lives were not at risk is dishonest. Upon failing the breathalyzer test, the encounter turned into a struggle that ultimately led Brooks to seize an officer’s taser. Though Brooks was originally cooperative, the escalation was far from “victimless,” and the reaction from law enforcement was righteous. 

Aside from Brooks’ eventual violent reaction, driving under the influence in and of itself is responsible for 10,000 deaths per year, on average. So while Brooks was originally cooperative, driving under the influence is a serious crime that should be treated as such, and is hardly a “victimless offense,” as Ossoff claims.

SOURCE

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So the Lefty Douchebag definition of "victimless" is a crime that kills 10,000 people a year? 

Seriously?

I realize their tendency is to out-Liberal one another, but even I didn't think they'd go *THIS* far. 

The way these people think is positively mindboggling. Who, precisely, are they trying to convert to their side with this retarded nonsense? 

• Best Post (+1) 2

USNJIMRET

So to these two Brainiac's, the crime isn't driving intoxicated, but killing some poor fool who got in the way??
I wonder if that kind of 'logic' can be applied to any other current law that defines crimes?
Like if I have a fully automatic machine gun, but haven't shot anyone, yet, "victimless" crime?
If I shoplift from a store, but the corporation has big profits every year and can sustain the loss, "victimless" crime?

• Best Post (+1) 2
  • Agree (+1) 1

Specs
31 minutes ago, gravelrash said:

Can we go back to administering  an IQ test for voter registration now?

How about to actually run for public office? I realize that would kill off the democRAT party, but WTF is wrong with that party?

• Agree (+1) 2

Squirrel

Damn I wish I knew it was just no big deal when I was younger and got a dwi. For some reason it cost me my job a ton of money etc,,, but it was victimless I guess. Does that make me eligible for competition?

LongKnife
Posted (edited)

Apparently, looting and arson are also victimless crimes.

Edited by LongKnife
Spelling
  • Agree (+1) 2

Ticked@TinselTown
Posted (edited)

When you have people with IQ's in the single digits running around making demands and the spineless scumsuckers in political office feel the need to pander to the brainless it will be chaos.

And the taxpayers will pick up the tab and watch while legislation gets passed in favor of the criminals and imposes strictures on the law abiding...

There's an orchard that needs watering, folks, and it ain't far off...

ETA:   When one of their own family is killed by someone who is illegally in this country and doesn't have a license or insurance, they'll be outraged and demanding action, demanding that people be fired, that policies change...

Except they forget that THEY are the ones who implemented those policies and the people who should rightfully be fired for this dereliction of duty is THEM, and then suddenly there's a really super cereal excuse as to why they shouldn't be held accountable...

Edited by Ticked@TinselTown
  • Agree (+1) 2

Howsithangin
Posted (edited)

Victimless?  Exactly how stupid are these people?  (a rhetorical question)

Shall we count how many innocents are killed by drunk drivers?  Even---GASP--black people!

ETA: Question, will white people still be prosecuted?  Are just POC allowed?

Edited by Howsithangin
  • Agree (+1) 2

Howsithangin

Awww, another brainless, cute little silky pony to appeal to the soccer moms

• Agree (+1) 2

MontyPython
6 hours ago, GrimV said:

The way these people think is positively mindboggling. Who, precisely, are they trying to convert to their side with this retarded nonsense? 

Well your mistake was when you used the word "think". Clearly they are incapable of actual "thinking" and just dance to their puppetmasters' string-pulling.

<_<

• Agree (+1) 3

Severian
15 hours ago, gravelrash said:

Can we go back to administering  an IQ test for voter registration now?

The way the postmodern world works, if you're too smart you won't be allowed to vote. Actually I remember an old science fiction story where the parents were anxiously awaiting the results of their child's IQ tests, knowing it was a make or break moment. The child tested too high and was executed. Another prescient story.

• Like (+1) 1