To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
Liz

Coronavirus Vaccine By Year’s End No Longer ‘Aspirational’ But ‘Likely,’ Says Top General

Rate this topic

Liz

Washington Examiner

by Abraham Mahshie, Defense Reporter

June 21, 2020 06:34 AM

Excerpt:

Challenged by members of Congress on whether a safe and effective coronavirus vaccine is possible by year’s end, the Army general and master logistician chosen to lead the development effort says he is convinced the Department of Defense will deliver.

“What I thought was an aspirational goal 30 days ago when I was announced by the president, I have recently come to the conclusion that it is more and more likely to occur,” said U.S. Army Gen. Gus Perna, COO of the vaccine and therapeutic development effort dubbed Operation Warp Speed.

President Trump announced the joint Department of Defense and Department of Health and Human Services initiative on May 15, promising to deliver 300 million coronavirus vaccines by Jan. 1, 2021.

In the intervening month, the public and Congress have worried that a vaccine will be rushed to the public without sufficient testing.

“We want a vaccine, not a headline,” said Sen. Jack Reed, in Perna’s Senate Armed Services Committee confirmation hearing Thursday.

The Rhode Island Democrat cited two stumbles in the race to quickly respond to coronavirus needs. First, the failure to adequately source personal protective equipment and the reliance on PPE from China to meet urgent hospital needs. The second was the misrepresentation of the effectiveness of hydroxychloroquine as a suitable coronavirus therapeutic before it turned out to cause collateral damage.

“The key to our success is to ensure we rely on science to assess our options, effectiveness, and risk,” Perna told members of Congress. “All medical protocols will be executed, and vaccines will be FDA approved.”

The Department of Defense was chosen for the much-hyped Operation Warp Speed because of its logistics capacity.

Perna, in particular, was displaced from a pending retirement to command the effort based on his leadership of Army Materiel Command, where he oversees some 190,000 service members, civilians, and contractors working on the military’s logistics.

The joint public-private partnership to produce a vaccine and therapeutics is backed by $10 billion from the CARES Act.

Early vaccine efforts by industry partners Johnson & Johnson, Moderna, and AstraZeneca are in trials or about to begin.

“The trials could be lengthy as they work through the science of the effectiveness of the vaccine,” Perna said. “Only after the science is provided to the FDA and the FDA makes their independent assessments will we be able to distribute the vaccines that we're producing.”

*snip*

Full Story

Severian

I fully expect the Chinese vaccine that they are touting as being almost ready will cause the Zombie Apocalypse. Ah well, lock and load and shoot for the head.

Once a vaccine is developed, logistics will be key and the military does do logistics well, compared to almost everyone else especially.

searcher
28 minutes ago, Severian said:

I fully expect the Chinese vaccine that they are touting as being almost ready will cause the Zombie Apocalypse. Ah well, lock and load and shoot for the head.

Once a vaccine is developed, logistics will be key and the military does do logistics well, compared to almost everyone else especially.

I'm not at all worried about zombies. They are after brains. I;m completely safe.

Mark

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Liz
9 minutes ago, searcher said:

I'm not at all worried about zombies. They are after brains. I;m completely safe.

Mark

That's certainly self-deprecating but completely untrue.  Having read your posts for several years, it's obvious that you have an elegant brain and a heart as big as the great outdoors.

9 minutes ago, searcher said:

• Like (+1) 1

Ladybird
1 hour ago, Severian said:

Don't forget the toilet paper.

Severian
Just now, Ladybird said:

Don't forget the toilet paper.

That goes without saying! And Beer, lots and lots of Beer.

• Agree (+1) 1

Severian
16 minutes ago, Liz said:

That's certainly self-deprecating but completely untrue.  Having read your posts for several years, it's obvious that you have an elegant brain and a heart as big as the great outdoors.

I don't have a heart, I think Ebenezer Scrooge was a raging leftist do gooder. And that was before his Xmas Eve transformation.

• Haha (+1) 1

Ladybird
Just now, Severian said:

That goes without saying! And Beer, lots and lots of Beer.

The keyword is survival on the new frontier..

(sorry)

Taggart Transcontinental
1 hour ago, Severian said:

The vaccine will make us vulnerable to the next iteration of their poisons. I for one will not  be taking any vaccine with regards to this crap or any other crap until someone destroys that marxist country.

• Best Post (+1) 1

Ticked@TinselTown
41 minutes ago, searcher said:

Mark

As I mentioned in another thread, the UN is our first, best defense against the zombie hoard.

While they're starving after eating everyone at the UN, we can make our escape and wait out the inevitable from the safety of a distillery or brewery where the water's fresh and the line of sight is unobstructed.

Oh, and if anyone is making up a list of things to take along, please let me know what 'good ice' is... :blink:

PaleoPatriot

Vaccine or no vaccine I'm going out and taking the risk.  You sure gotta love the demorats with them always being the skunk at the picnic.  I can't think of any other virus that had a cure within several years let alone one year.  If I'm correct they still don't have vaccines for SARS, Ebola or AIDS/HIV, Herpes or stupidity.  Yet Sen. Reed took the opportunity to put on his skunk suit and crash the party.  PPE and ventilators were manufactured very quickly when you consider the tooling needed to go into mass production.  And then they didn't need all those ventilators after all.  Trump and his team did an incredible job given what they had to work with in record time.  The demented hair sniffer is still trying to spell COVID without making a mistake.

Squirrel

Old arguement but if vaccines work if you get it and I choose not to aren’t you safe? Or do they not work? You can’t have it both ways. For me speed rushed vaccine with limited testing I’ll pass. You take it and your safe I can’t make you sick right?

• Agree (+1) 2

Squirrel
Posted (edited)

If you look further into it trumps wrong on this one. They picked the company that’s never had a successful vaccine. Because they said I can have it ready in 2 months when every other company said 1-2 yrs with testing. The company’s plan - vaccine is also a dna altering vaccine. Where your body adjusts to fight the virus. That also has never been done before, no thanks Monsanto. But hey you all go all in. If it works maybe 2022 I’ll think about it. I just wish I had bought stock in their company last yr

Edited by Squirrel

BootsieBets
Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Ticked@TinselTown said:

As I mentioned in another thread, the UN is our first, best defense against the zombie hoard.

While they're starving after eating everyone at the UN, we can make our escape and wait out the inevitable from the safety of a distillery or brewery where the water's fresh and the line of sight is unobstructed.

Oh, and if anyone is making up a list of things to take along, please let me know what 'good ice' is... :blink:

Tick, OK, I should be the last person to know what "good ice" is, being that I don't do drugs.  Gee, I don't smoke or even drink anymore, but here you go - they are referring to crystal meth.  When I saw that on the list as "the good kind" my first thought was they didn't want ICE, you know, as in the immigration service.  HaHa, silly me.  Then it dawned on me, no, they were talking about drugs.  Unfortunately, my estranged niece uses drugs and so I am acquainted with it.  Nasty stuff. 

Edited by BootsieBets

Ticked@TinselTown
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, BootsieBets said:

OK, I should be the last person to know what "good ice" is, being that I don't do drugs,.  Gee, I don't smoke or even drink anymore, but here you go - they are referring to crystal meth.  When I saw that on the list as "the good kind" my first thought was they didn't want ICE, you know, as in the immigration service.  HaHa, silly me.  Then it dawned on me, no, they were talking about drugs.  Unfortunately, my estranged niece uses drugs and so I am acquainted with it.  Nasty stuff. 

Wow, so the utopians are meth heads?  Color me shocked...  And look how open they are about asking for donated drugs!

I guess that explains the weapons they're carrying around...

ETA: And possibly explains that shooting/murder they just had in CHAZ utopia... 🤔

Edited by Ticked@TinselTown

BootsieBets
1 minute ago, Ticked@TinselTown said:

Wow, so the utopians are meth heads?  Color me shocked...  And look how open they are about asking for donated drugs!

I guess that explains the weapons they're carrying around...

Yes, I'm sure that they don't want immigration around either, but it is shocking that they would be doing drugs ;)  

Ticked@TinselTown
Just now, BootsieBets said:

Yes, I'm sure that they don't want immigration around either, but it is shocking that they would be doing drugs ;)  

I guess we know what fuels those utopian ideals of theirs, hmm?

searcher
2 hours ago, Liz said:

Awww shucks, ma'am.  :hug:

Mark

sunangel1776
7 minutes ago, searcher said:

Mark

I can vouch that Mark does have a big heart. He kept his promise to Jay that he would stay here in Arizona and look after me. Today Mark and I took Mom's ashes and Jay's ashes to the Veteran's Cemetery to visit Dad. Mom will be placed with Dad on June 25th.

• Like (+1) 1

Ticked@TinselTown
2 minutes ago, sunangel1776 said:

I can vouch that Mark does have a big heart. He kept his promise to Jay that he would stay here in Arizona and look after me. Today Mark and I took Mom's ashes and Jay's ashes to the Veteran's Cemetery to visit Dad. Mom will be placed with Dad on June 25th.

Been wondering how you've been doing, missy.  Since I haven't seen anything in the prayer request thread I was hoping you were settling into the new normal.

When you're feeling up to a road trip, you know there's always room for you both here at my tiny little slice of life!

Severian
3 hours ago, Ladybird said:

The keyword is survival on the new frontier..

(sorry)

:lol: don’t be sorry, great comment. And hands down one of my favorite albums. Delightfully dark and cynical.

MontyPython
3 hours ago, Ticked@TinselTown said:

please let me know what 'good ice' is... :blink:

2 hours ago, BootsieBets said:

Tick, OK, I should be the last person to know what "good ice" is, being that I don't do drugs.  Gee, I don't smoke or even drink anymore, but here you go - they are referring to crystal meth.  When I saw that on the list as "the good kind" my first thought was they didn't want ICE, you know, as in the immigration service.  HaHa, silly me.  Then it dawned on me, no, they were talking about drugs.  Unfortunately, my estranged niece uses drugs and so I am acquainted with it.  Nasty stuff. 

Nope, nobody calls street meth "ice" anymore. Not for almost two decades. By "good ice" there's no question in my mind they simply mean frozen water. Then after they wrote "ice" on the list it occurred to somebody that it might be mistaken for I.C.E. (Immigration & Customs Enforcement), which of course all the idiots consider "bad". So they added "(the good kind)" to make sure you understood they just meant frozen water.

It's really no more mysterious or complicated than that.

B)

Liz
2 hours ago, sunangel1776 said:

Yes, Mark is a good, considerate man and you, sunangel, are obviously a good woman to inspire such loyalty.

MontyPython
5 hours ago, searcher said:

Mark

5 hours ago, Liz said:

2 hours ago, searcher said:

Mark

2 hours ago, sunangel1776 said:

2 hours ago, Ticked@TinselTown said:

Been wondering how you've been doing, missy.  Since I haven't seen anything in the prayer request thread I was hoping you were settling into the new normal.

When you're feeling up to a road trip, you know there's always room for you both here at my tiny little slice of life!

24 minutes ago, Liz said:

Yes, Mark is a good, considerate man and you, sunangel, are obviously a good woman to inspire such loyalty.

Awwww.....Group hug!

:hug: :hug: :hug: 

Liz
3 minutes ago, MontyPython said:

Awwww.....Group hug!

:hug: :hug: :hug: 

:P