To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
pepperonikkid

Prof who gave advice on toppling obelisks now wants show ‘Ancient Aliens’ canned

Rate this topic

pepperonikkid

Prof who gave advice on toppling obelisks now wants show ‘Ancient Aliens’ canned

https://www.thecollegefix.com/

DAVE HUBER - ASSOCIATE EDITOR 

JUNE 20, 2020

Article:

parcak.jpg

The professor who recently showed protesters how to pull down obelisks during this current statue-toppling craze is now demanding the show “Ancient Aliens” be taken off the air.

The popular History Channel offering, according to its website, “explores the controversial theory that extraterrestrials have visited Earth for millions of years.”

“From the age of the dinosaurs to ancient Egypt, from early cave drawings to continued mass sightings in the US,” the description continues, “each episode […] gives historic depth to the questions, speculations, provocative controversies, first-hand accounts and grounded theories surrounding this age old debate. Did intelligent beings from outer space visit Earth thousands of years ago?”

No doubt it’s the part about Egypt that ticks off University of Alabama at Birmingham archaeology Professor Sarah Parcak (at left).

In a series of tweets on Friday, Parcak called the program “one of the most racist shows on TV” and said it needs to be “cancelled permanently.”

“It’s an entire show that exists to discredit the extraordinary artistic and architectural accomplishments of past and current peoples,” Parcak tweeted.

In other words, any conjecture that wondrous monuments like the Egyptian pyramids and Easter Island statues were constructed either by, or with the guidance of, extraterrestrial beings, is a racist endeavor because people of color actually built them. (Just nobody mention Stonehenge since it’s in England.)

Full Story

moocow

Sigh... at this point all I can say is stop the world, I want to get off. 

• Agree (+1) 1

MontyPython

In a series of tweets on Friday, Parcak called the program “one of the most racist shows on TV” and said it needs to be “cancelled permanently.”

:blink::wacko::blink::wacko::blink:

Racist...? Racist...??

That's just insane.

:nuts:

searcher
45 minutes ago, MontyPython said:

Racist...? Racist...??

That's just insane.

Insane yes. But I won't be surprised if they cave and take it off the air. Networks and advertisers are so afraid, even a hint of a threat of a boycot or even a stern letter will make them run for their safe space. Independent thought is now a thing of the past. 

Mark

• Agree (+1) 2

GrimV

Or! You could do what I do. Change the channel.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 1

searcher
2 minutes ago, GrimV said:

Problem is they are demanding that only "approved programming" be broadcast. Very soon there will be nothing but pure party propaganda allowed.

Mark

• Agree (+1) 1

Howsithangin
59 minutes ago, searcher said:

Problem is they are demanding that only "approved programming" be broadcast. Very soon there will be nothing but pure party propaganda allowed.

Mark

Minitru

Howsithangin
Posted (edited)

I've worked with enough of 'em to say with little hesitation that archaeologists are a damned odd lot, particularly the females. The field is almost universally hard-left, and the females mostly militant lesbians with a misandry complex.  Oh, and they all look like her (same haircut, with a weight range in 200-225). Except the guys, who are unkempt, scrawny, and about a buck twenty.

The newest trend (of course) is to save and blow well out of importance every gram of "indigenous" pottery and rock shard as if they were the Ten Commandments themselves (sorry to be so Judeo-Christian-centric), while ignoring, minimizing, and dismissing Colonial or American sites and artifacts.  Find an indigenous pottery bit (which are as common as a zit on an Antifa member's face) and the world must stop, and all at the project site kneel in reverent submission.

In summary, classic neomarxist academics. To watch them (the guys at least) swing a hammer or shovel is sublime entertainment! :D

Edited by Howsithangin
  • Agree (+1) 1

Ticked@TinselTown
1 hour ago, GrimV said:

They want the same show on every channel.

It's 1984, remember?

• Best Post (+1) 2

Noclevermoniker

That’s a dude, man!

• Haha (+1) 1

DJGoody

Since we are destroying every monument to slavery when do we take down the pyramids?  

• Best Post (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

USNRETWIFE

I would be angry if someone who is nothing like me and doesn't know me at all, continually stepped up to cry racist at every leaf falling from a tree on my behalf.  The black people I know don't cry constantly, but are like everyone else I know, productive and sane.  And can take care of themselves.

• Best Post (+1) 1

MontyPython
9 hours ago, GrimV said:

:o

Are you crazy?? What if everybody thought for themselves like that??

;)

1 hour ago, DJGoody said:

Since we are destroying every monument to slavery when do we take down the pyramids?  

Shhhhh! Don't give them any ideas.

:nono: 

Severian
10 hours ago, MontyPython said:

Racist...? Racist...??

That's just insane.

Sigh, everything be racist. Actually, I somewhat agree that the show sells humanity short by understating how creative and accomplished ancient humans were, but it's not RAAAAAACIST. Sheesh. Like the pyramids, oh they had to be built by aliens. Really? Aliens who had a technology that let them cross the infinite vast emptiness of interstellar space but didn't know how to build an arch. Yeah, right, pull the other one, it's got bells on it.

9 hours ago, searcher said:

Mark

8 hours ago, Howsithangin said:

Minitru

7 hours ago, Ticked@TinselTown said:

They want the same show on every channel.

It's 1984, remember?

Well if the Party wants it to be so, 2+2=5, or 3. And chocolate rations have been increased fro 30 grams a week to 25 grams a week. AMSOC Forever!

1 hour ago, DJGoody said:

That's different, didn't you see "The Ten Commandments?" Those were built by Joooooos! It's OK if they're slaves. Derp.

Actually, there apparently was a 4th large pyramid on the Giza plateau, but the Romans tore it down, apparently as a lesson to the Egyptians that they could do whatever the hell they wanted. A display of raw power, and they probably made the Egyptians do it at spear point too.

• Best Post (+1) 1

Joe the Pagan
2 hours ago, DJGoody said:

The pyramids were built by highly paid skilled artisans.  They went on strike once when they were not getting enough money for makeup. 

The British TV show Red Dwarf made fun of the Ancient Aliens built the pyramids theory.

Rimmer: How did they move such massive stones?

Lister:  Massive whips.

• Haha (+1) 1

TNnative

So if someone follows her advice for toppling an obelisk and it falls on them, can they or their family sue her?

• Agree (+1) 1

MontyPython
34 minutes ago, Joe the Pagan said:

The pyramids were built by highly paid skilled artisans.  They went on strike once when they were not getting enough money for makeup. 

The British TV show Red Dwarf made fun of the Ancient Aliens built the pyramids theory.

Rimmer: How did they move such massive stones?

Lister:  Massive whips.

Oh man, I LOVED that show.

:lol: 

gravelrash
Posted (edited)

Racist? No. Speciesist? Yes!

Edited by gravelrash

Ticked@TinselTown

And as I have mentioned before, people in Hell want ice water....  ( with the good ice, too...)

Joe the Pagan
Posted (edited)
On 6/22/2020 at 12:52 PM, MontyPython said:

Oh man, I LOVED that show.

:lol: 

Don't you mean LOVE that show.  They either just released or will be releasing season 13.  You find out what happened to the cats that did not crash their ark into an asteroid. 

Edited by Joe the Pagan

grimreefer
On 6/22/2020 at 2:49 PM, GrimV said:

small.464oyx.jpg.d0e123acfe799f65e7a56c3

MontyPython
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Joe the Pagan said:

Don't you mean LOVE that show.  They either just released or will be releasing season 13.  You find out what happened to the cats that did not crash their ark into an asteroid. 

Season 13? Wasn't it aired from 1988-1999? They're making new episodes?

Oh smeg, I'm totally confused.

:scratch: 

Edited by MontyPython

Joe the Pagan
13 hours ago, MontyPython said:

Season 13? Wasn't it aired from 1988-1999? They're making new episodes?

Oh smeg, I'm totally confused.

:scratch: 

It came back in 2009 with Back to Earth.  The crew get sucked into an inter dimensional portal and arrive on Earth in the early 21st century, and find out Red Dwarf is a TV show.  

MontyPython
5 minutes ago, Joe the Pagan said:

It came back in 2009 with Back to Earth.  The crew get sucked into an inter dimensional portal and arrive on Earth in the early 21st century, and find out Red Dwarf is a TV show.  

All the same cast of characters? I'll definitely have to watch for that!

:woohoo:

Timothy

Racist?  No

Pseudoscience garbage that makes the History channel a joke?  Yes.