Jump to content
To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
pepperonikkid

"The Star Spangled Banner" is out at Tulsa Athletics' home matches, "This Land is Your Land" is in

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

pepperonikkid

"The Star Spangled Banner" is out at Tulsa Athletics' home matches, "This Land is Your Land" is in

 

https://www.kjrh.com/

By: KJRH Digital

Jun 24, 2020

 

Article:

 

thumbnail-tulsa-athletic-june-24.jpg

Tulsa Athletic officials announce new opening song to be played at all home matches, instead of "The Star-Spangled Banner."

 

 

Tulsa Athletic team announced they are changing the opening song at all home matches to ensure an inclusive environment for athletes, supporters and the community.

Tulsa Athletic is a part of the National Premier Soccer League (NPSL) and an American soccer team in Tulsa. Tulsa Athletic plays in the NPSL's Heartland Conference and plays all home matches at Veterans Park in Tulsa.

Sonny Dalesandro, the co-owner of Tulsa Athletic, along with the team and community discussed changing the opening song to create an inclusive community through the game of soccer.

"'The Star-Spangled Banner' lyrics and meaning, more specifically the third verse, 'No refuge could save the hireling and slave / From the terror of flight or the gloom of the grave…' does not align with the values of the teams", said Tulsa Athletic officials.

Tulsa Athletic will instead play 'This Land is Your Land,' by Oklahoma native Woody Guthrie at all home matches.

From our beginning, we have developed a culture of inclusion and acceptance at Tulsa Athletic. We live in a country that allows us to freely speak our voice. We utilize this right as a club to continually try and improve our team and community. We believe ‘This Land Is Your Land’ not only captures a powerful patriotic sentiment, but that it does so in a far more inclusive way. The song speaks to this country being built and shared by every person of every race, ethnicity, religion and sexual orientation. It represents a future Tulsa Athletic is committed to striving for.

Sonny Dalesandro | Co-Owner of Tulsa Athletic

Tulsa Athletic said they are excited to kick-off this new tradition.

 

 

Full Story

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
moocow

Never heard of them.  RIP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MontyPython

Who ever sings the third verse of the national anthem?How many even know there IS a third verse?

This is just another "woke" stupidity.

:rolleyes: 

 

  • Agree (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AntiObama

When Jimi Hendrix played The Star Spangled Banner at his concerts he told everyone to get up out of their seats and he would give a peace sign.

These ANTIFA loving swines tell their pigs to raise a fist and not stand for The Star-Spangled Banner.

This is why President Trump and VP Pence will get a second term.

 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RedSoloCup
3 hours ago, AntiObama said:

When Jimi Hendrix played The Star Spangled Banner at his concerts he told everyone to get up out of their seats and he would give a peace sign.

These ANTIFA loving swines tell their pigs to raise a fist and not stand for The Star-Spangled Banner.

This is why President Trump and VP Pence will get a second term.

 

:yes:

  • Agree (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ThePatriot

Woodie Guthrie, the author of This Land Is Your Land, was a communist.

No wonder these leftwing idiots prefer it.

I hope the fans tell them they're not attending a single event until they switch back to The Star Spangled Banner.

  • Agree (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gravelrash
55 minutes ago, ThePatriot said:

Woodie Guthrie, the author of This Land Is Your Land, was a communist.

No wonder these leftwing idiots prefer it.

I hope the fans tell them they're not attending a single event until they switch back to The Star Spangled Banner.

The song was Guthrie's response to Kate Smith's renditions of God Bless America.  Yes, he was an ardent communist.  He would tour FDR's work camps to spread the evil word.  While John Lennon's Imagine is pie-in-the-sky, Woody Guthrie's This Land Is Your Land is just plain stupid.  You can also counter the line "This land was made for you and me" with "You didn't build that".  Then rant about real estate appropriation from the First Nations.

 

If you are unfortunate enough to be in attendance at an event that opens with this ode to communism, here are some alternate lyrics to sing along:

 

This land is my land

This land's not your land

I got a shotgun

And you don't got one

I'll blow your head off

If you don't get off

This land is private property

  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Agree (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ThePatriot
27 minutes ago, gravelrash said:

The song was Guthrie's response to Kate Smith's renditions of God Bless America.  Yes, he was an ardent communist.  He would tour FDR's work camps to spread the evil word.  While John Lennon's Imagine is pie-in-the-sky, Woody Guthrie's This Land Is Your Land is just plain stupid.  You can also counter the line "This land was made for you and me" with "You didn't build that".  Then rant about real estate appropriation from the First Nations.

 

If you are unfortunate enough to be in attendance at an event that opens with this ode to communism, here are some alternate lyrics to sing along:

 

This land is my land

This land's not your land

I got a shotgun

And you don't got one

I'll blow your head off

If you don't get off

This land is private property

Love the lyrics!  :lol:

  • Agree (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rock N' Roll Right Winger

Bunch of commie weenies.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree (-1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rock N' Roll Right Winger
2 hours ago, ThePatriot said:

Woodie Guthrie, the author of This Land Is Your Land, was a communist.

No wonder these leftwing idiots prefer it.

I hope the fans tell them they're not attending a single event until they switch back to The Star Spangled Banner.

:exactly:

These weenies need to be paid a visit by an all former military vet motorcycle gang.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree (-1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Natural Selection

Check out these lyrics to their chosen song:

This land is your land, and this land is my land
From the California, to the New York Island
From the Redwood Forest, to the Gulf stream waters
This land was made for you and me

How do these lyrics align with the leftist belief that we stole the land from native Americans? Just more cognitive dissonance from the clueless left.

  • Agree (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RedSoloCup
39 minutes ago, Rock N' Roll Right Winger said:

:exactly:

These weenies need to be paid a visit by an all former military vet motorcycle gang.

Baseball bat to the kneecaps. 

  • Agree (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Natural Selection
2 minutes ago, RedSoloCup said:

Baseball bat to the kneecaps. 

I think Tonya Harding is looking for work...

  • Haha (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
whwr55

Oakland Athletics have announced they will replace the Star Spangled Banner with SnoopDogs "Gin and Juice" sez it more represents their audience

  • Haha (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ticked@TinselTown
22 minutes ago, Natural Selection said:

Check out these lyrics to their chosen song:

This land is your land, and this land is my land
From the California, to the New York Island
From the Redwood Forest, to the Gulf stream waters
This land was made for you and me

How do these lyrics align with the leftist belief that we stole the land from native Americans? Just more cognitive dissonance from the clueless left.

Communists don't recognize indigenous people, do they?

  • Agree (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Natural Selection
2 minutes ago, Ticked@TinselTown said:

Communists don't recognize indigenous people, do they?

Good question. I know they don't recognize private property. One of the many problems with the progressive communists in America is that they don't recognize private property yet they claim we took private property from the native Americans. Pure cognitive dissonance.

  • Agree (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ticked@TinselTown

Sonny can do what he wants, he co-owns the team, but I think it speaks to a lack of comprehension of the actual verse itself, which points to the undeniable fact that he's just... dumb.

But, there are plenty of dumb people out there doing very dumb things because they're caught up in the need to do something that might get them some recognition...

You know, for their soccer team, that might have low attendance or something along those lines...  :rolleyes:

  • Agree (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
USMCforever60
6 hours ago, ThePatriot said:

Woodie Guthrie, the author of This Land Is Your Land, was a communist.

No wonder these leftwing idiots prefer it.

I hope the fans tell them they're not attending a single event until they switch back to The Star Spangled Banner.

Yea dear ol Woody.....he never me commie he did not espouse or love. Wonder how many johnsonville brauts he took up his tail pipe?????

  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...