To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Liz

Fiorina Signals She’ll Vote For Biden Over Trump

Rate this topic

Liz

The 2016 Republican presidential candidate had been open to supporting her former rival as recently as December 2019.

Politico

By QUINT FORGEY

06/25/2020 08:30 AM EDT

Excerpt:

Former Republican presidential candidate Carly Fiorina revealed in a new interview that she will likely vote for former Vice President Joe Biden in the 2020 election, opting to cast her ballot for the presumptive Democratic nominee over her 2016 GOP primary opponent and the incumbent president.

“I’ve been very clear that I can’t support Donald Trump. And, you know, elections are binary choices,” Fiorina told The Atlantic on an episode of “The Ticket” podcast released Thursday.

Pressed on whether she would indeed vote for Biden, Fiorina noted that the general election is “not till November,” but acknowledged that, “if faced with a binary choice on a ballot, yes,” she would.

“I am encouraged that Joe Biden is a person of humility and empathy and character,” she added. “I think he’s demonstrated that through his life.”

The president responded to Fiorina’s remarks later Thursday morning, ridiculing her in a Twitter post.

“Failed presidential candidate (thank you President Trump!), Carly Fiorina, said she will be voting for Corrupt Joe Biden,” he wrote online. “She lost so badly to me, twice in one campaign, that she should be voting for Joe. No complaints!!!”

Fiorina, who served as CEO of Hewlett-Packard before launching failed bids for the Senate in California in 2010 and the White House in 2016, previously divulged during a podcast interview with The Bulwark in May that she would not vote for Trump.

Fiorina had been open to supporting the president’s reelection effort as recently as December 2019, when she argued that it was “vital” Trump be impeached by the House of Representatives but refused to rule out voting for him in 2020.

Although Fiorina voted for Trump in 2016, the two candidates feuded bitterly in that year’s Republican nominating contest, with Trump mocking Fiorina’s physical appearance and Fiorina dismissing Trump as the “Kim Kardashian of politics.”

*snip*

Full Story

moocow

I've never liked Fiorina since her HP days.  I consider the merger with Compaq to be one of the worst business decisions HP ever made. I voted for her for Senate, but between her and Senator "maam" Boxer, there really was no contest.  But that was definitely a "hold your nose, and take a shower afterwards" vote.

• Agree (+1) 3

Rock N' Roll Right Winger

Stupid RINO proggy bimbo.

• Agree (+1) 2

RedSoloCup

Good for you...skank

:rolleyes:

RedSoloCup
36 minutes ago, Rock N' Roll Right Winger said:

Stupid RINO proggy bimbo.

:yes:

Trump was right in his comments about her.

• Agree (+1) 1

Confessor

Only disappointed because another idiot cancels a good vote. I am sure she has connections with the one world government crowd. 

• Agree (+1) 1

puttputt

If she wasn't "supposed" to be a republican the media wouldn't give two squirts who she's planning on voting for. Her relevancy ran out a long time ago, if she ever really had any.

• Agree (+1) 2

Taggart Transcontinental

I guess we the people are screwed then. Since these "well known" republican's like Scarborough are now flipped to voting for a senile man with a master hiding behind the curtain we now know that we are never going to win in November. I guess I will not vote or if I do vote it will be for the obvious winner for Senate! Joe Biden!

• Haha (+1) 4

Hieronymous

"And, you know, elections are binary choices,”

Really?  Why?  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 1

Rock N' Roll Right Winger
1 hour ago, ThePatriot said:

Anyone who considers themselves a Republican and says they will vote for Biden is NOT a Republican. 

Biden is a corrupt, leftwing loon suffering from dementia, so anyone with a conscience cannot cast a vote that puts Biden's finger on the button.

If she's actually registered as a Republican, she should be kicked out of the party.

I know of a few RINO TDS sufferers who will be voting for Joey Plugs as they hate Trump because he's such a big ole meanie on twitter! :crybaby:

• Agree (+1) 1

Kilmerfan

Is she going to sing? What a nutz

• Haha (+1) 1

Bubbajoebob

Depending on which issues are your priorities I can understand not liking Trump. But I can't understand thinking that Biden is a better choice.

• Agree (+1) 2

PaleoPatriot

I was waiting on pins and needles for Carly's announcement, now I can sleep at night.  I'm now waiting to see who Corn Pop is voting for before making up my mind on who to vote for.  Maybe Carly and the rest of the never Trumper RINO's could just do a write in campaign for Corn Pop?  

• Agree (+1) 1

Dean Adam Smithee
8 hours ago, moocow said:

I've never liked Fiorina since her HP days.  I consider the merger with Compaq to be one of the worst business decisions HP ever made. I voted for her for Senate, but between her and Senator "maam" Boxer, there really was no contest.  But that was definitely a "hold your nose, and take a shower afterwards" vote.

:yeahthat:

The '99 spin-off of the 'Test and Measurement' division into separate company Agilent (Now Keysight). 

The '01 merger with Compaq.

TWO of HP's biggest blunders ever. Both under Fiorina.

mjperry51
21 minutes ago, Dean Adam Smithee said:

:yeahthat:

The '99 spin-off of the 'Test and Measurement' division into separate company Agilent (Now Keysight). 

The '01 merger with Compaq.

TWO of HP's biggest blunders ever. Both under Fiorina.

What do you expect from an ex-secretary??

HP was a strong competitor to Tektronix in T/M. Compaq was on their way down. -- old ideas and tech.

Dean Adam Smithee
3 hours ago, Confessor said:

Only disappointed because another idiot cancels a good vote. I am sure she has connections with the one world government crowd. 

At the end of the day, though, it doesn't really matter.

John Bolton has said he's not voting  for Trump. But he's in deep-blue Maryland that Trump has absolutely zero chance of winning anyway.

Likewise, Fiorina in California, a state that Biden is almost certain to win anyway, with OR without her vote.

Meh. Who cares. Neither of those two nor 100,000 of their closest friends are going to swing their respective states regardless of how they vote. Symbolism over substance.

Now, former Republican congressman Joe Scarborough is the one who really pisses me off. He resides in Jupiter, Palm Beach County, Florida... a real battleground state where it just MIGHT come down to a handful of votes. Again.

• Agree (+1) 1

ThePatriot
1 hour ago, Rock N' Roll Right Winger said:

I know of a few RINO TDS sufferers who will be voting for Joey Plugs as they hate Trump because he's such a big ole meanie on twitter! :crybaby:

They have to be complete and utter morons to pull the lever for Biden.

• Agree (+1) 3

GrimV

Yeah, how dare she not vote for the man who launched a snide, juvenile attack on her for absolutely no reason whatsoever: "Look at that face! Would anyone vote for that? Can you imagine that, the face of our next president?...I mean, she's a woman, and I'm not s'posedta say bad things, but really, folks, come on. Are we serious?”

Bitch should be gassed.

• Best Post (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 2

ThePatriot
14 minutes ago, GrimV said:

Yeah, how dare she not vote for the man who launched a snide, juvenile attack on her for absolutely no reason whatsoever: "Look at that face! Would anyone vote for that? Can you imagine that, the face of our next president?...I mean, she's a woman, and I'm not s'posedta say bad things, but really, folks, come on. Are we serious?”

Bitch should be gassed.

Yeah, the best thing she could possibly do is try to put a senile old man with dementia in the White House, because ya know, as a Republican, she should let her personal feelings for OrangeManBad guide her hand and betray her fellow Americans, for ya know, spite and all.

Yeah, that would be best.  For sure.

• Agree (+1) 1

RedSoloCup
22 minutes ago, GrimV said:

Bitch should be gassed.

And he was dead on accurate. 

Noclevermoniker

That puts Biden at an even dozen declared votes. The Earth trembles. 

• Agree (+1) 1

mjperry51
1 minute ago, ThePatriot said:

Yeah, the best thing she could possibly do is try to put a senile old man with dementia in the White House, because ya know, as a Republican, she should let her personal feelings for OrangeManBad guide her hand and betray her fellow Americans, for ya know, spite and all.

Yeah, that would be best.  For sure.

Pragmatically her vote in CA doesn't mean crap.

I've got a long memory -- knowing her clear membership in the Never-Trumper cabal (over the good of the Republic) she's dirt, as is anyone who would vote FOR Biden rather than just not vote at all.

And for me that goes for the entire lot of Never-Trumpers, like BIll Kristol, Jeb Bush, Steve Hayes, etc. They can all jump off a cliff. I don't give a rats a@@ about their hurt feelings -- I care about the best outcome for the country.

• Agree (+1) 3

Natural Selection

Maybe Fiorina doesn't want her children to grow up in a "racial jungle". :lol:

Joe Biden worried in 1977 that certain de-segregation policies would cause his children to grow up 'in a racial jungle'

Grace Panetta Jul 15, 2019

Business Insider

Former Vice President Joe Biden is facing increased scrutiny over his record on busing and racial issues, and this week old comments resurfaced in which he said, in 1977, that non-"orderly" racial integration policies would cause his children to "grow up in a racial jungle." 

In the quote, which appears to come from a congressional hearing related to anti-busing legislation, Biden emphasized wanting to "insure we do have orderly integration of society," adding he was "not just talking about education but all of society."

He then said: "Unless we do something about this, my children are going to grow up in a jungle, the jungle being a racial jungle with tensions having built so high that it is going to explode at some point. We have got to make some move on this."

(source)

biden-robert-byrd.jpg

• Haha (+1) 1