kestrel

BET Founder says 'black people laugh at white people' toppling statues

Rate this topic

kestrel

justthenews.com

BET Founder says 'black people laugh at white people' toppling statues

By Alex Nitzberg

The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook

BET founder Robert Johnson during a Wednesday interview with Fox News described people toppling statues as "borderline anarchists" and pushed back against the idea that black people support such behavior, suggesting instead that they "laugh" at those who knock down the statues.

"You know black people, in my opinion, black people laugh at white people who do this, the same way we laugh at white people who say we got to take off the TV shows," he said mentioning the "Dukes of Hazard," a decades-old television program that has come under fire for featuring a car emblazoned with a Confederate flag graphic.

He pointed out that knocking over a statue will not "close the wealth gap," "give a kid whose parent's can't afford a college money to go to college," "close the labor gap between what white workers are paid and what black workers are paid" or "take people off welfare or food stamps."

Johnson said that whites who seek to "assuage guilt by doing things that make them feel good" would be much more reluctant to support payments for blacks.

Referring to actions such as "changing names, toppling statues, [and] firing professors because they said all lives matter," Johnson explained that "it just shows to me that white America is continually ... incapable of recognizing that black people have their own ideas and thought about what's in their best interests."

He suggested that black people should be consulted before people take actions like tearing down statues or firing someone for a comment they have made.

"Give us the belief that you respect our opinion. You go out and do something and destroy something, fire somebody because you think it hurts us. Why don't you ask us first if it hurts us before you go and say 'Oh, I gotta do something for the negroes to make them feel better.' Well ask us if we want you to do that to make us feel better," he said.

Johnson likened white people's actions attempting to make black people "feel good" to "rearranging the deck chairs on a racial Titanic. It absolutely means nothing," he said.

Johnson's comments come as debates rage across the country in the aftermath of the death of George Floyd—in some cases protestors have defaced and toppled statues. President Trump has come out against changing the names of military installations named after Confederate leaders.

Here:https://justthenews.com/nation/culture/bet-founder-robert-johnson-says-black-people-laugh-white-people-toppling-statues

MontyPython

:clap: :clap: :clap: 

zurg

You’re almost exactly correct Johnson. And I wouldn’t say anything otherwise, except you should really replace “whites” with “white leftists”. 

(Next time, ask a non-leftist, and you’ll be able to hone your point.) 

• Agree (+1) 1

Ticked@TinselTown

"Give us the belief that you respect our opinion. You go out and do something and destroy something, fire somebody because you think it hurts us. Why don't you ask us first if it hurts us before you go and say 'Oh, I gotta do something for the negroes to make them feel better.' Well ask us if we want you to do that to make us feel better," he said.

Respect is earned, and it isn't earned on demand.

It's as absurd as deciding that $14 trillion is a good sum to tack onto the multiple 'reparations' that generations of blacks have enjoyed in the last century plus simply because you refuse to recognize the facts.

• Agree (+1) 1

MontyPython
44 minutes ago, SARGE said:

He figures $14 trillion paid as reparations will make us even.

They'd really be laughing then.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/robert-johnsons-big-idea-14-trillion-slavery-reparations-payments-to-african-americans

<_< Didn't know that. Thanks for the info. I take back my "applause" smileys in my previous post. <_< 

Italian Biker

But the video I saw about someone yelling about the plan to tear down the Emancipation statue wasn't white.  This is a ploy to deflect some of the blame  away from the radicalism of OPEBLM.  

BootsieBets
42 minutes ago, Italian Biker said:

But the video I saw about someone yelling about the plan to tear down the Emancipation statue wasn't white.  This is a ploy to deflect some of the blame  away from the radicalism of OPEBLM.  

I agree. I have seen many black faces among the rioters toppling statues. Don't try to push the blame for the destruction and terrorism off on white leftist. You own this too, Johnson.

Rock N' Roll Right Winger
1 hour ago, Ticked@TinselTown said:

Respect is earned, and it isn't earned on demand.

It's as absurd as deciding that $14 trillion is a good sum to tack onto the multiple 'reparations' that generations of blacks have enjoyed in the last century plus simply because you refuse to recognize the facts.

They do not want respect.

They demand submission.

• Disagree (-1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 1

Ticked@TinselTown
3 hours ago, Rock N' Roll Right Winger said:

They do not want respect.

They demand submission.

F*ck that.

• Agree (+1) 2

Rock N' Roll Right Winger
30 minutes ago, Ticked@TinselTown said:

F*ck that.

South Park got it right.

This is what they really want along with lots of money and zero consequences for anything.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Disagree (-1) 1

JerryL
6 hours ago, SARGE said:

They'd really be laughing then.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/robert-johnsons-big-idea-14-trillion-slavery-reparations-payments-to-african-americans

Doesn't surprise me.  He was definitely talking as someone who was saying, "Enough of your empty gestures, your guilt is much deeper than that and you need to pay."

Natural Selection
6 hours ago, SARGE said:

These CEO's calling for reparations are only concerned about one thing...their end users having more discretionary income. BET makes money by selling advertising spots on their network. The organizations buying those ad spots want to reach people with discretionary income. If BET's viewer demographics have more money to spend then BET can charge more for the advertising spots they sell. Reparations will give BET's viewer demographics more discretionary income (temporarily, until they assume their natural level again).

PaleoPatriot

The white guilt is very present, seems like 90% of those in the crowds are white kids hoping somehow to be accepted as black.  Not gonna happen, most of the blacks are laughing at them.  The professors and teachers have done these kids a very big disservice in pushing all the white guilt crap.  America was not founded on slavery, slaves did not build this country.  Slavery continues in many parts of the world, but not here and slavery here was ended long enough ago that no one alive owned a slave.  We do not owe anybody a dime.  In fact, white males are at the bottom of the totem pole when it comes to any advantages these days, and this was to adjust for past sins, I guess.  Those white kids out in the streets pretending to be down for the struggle, well first thing move out of your parents basement and get a job, then and only then, if they decide they want to give their money to these race hustlers, well have at it.  My guess is they will fall well short of $14 trillion.  

• Best Post (+1) 1

oki

Ya' now it's a free country and all, do what ya' want, watch what you want etc.

But,  I mean...  can someone please tell me how B.E.T. is not a form a racism in and by itself?

• Agree (+1) 1