Liz

Coronavirus Death Rates Stable Or Falling, Even In States With Rising Cases

Rate this topic

Liz

Breitbart

By Joel B. Pollak

26 Jun 2020

Excerpt:

The latest data show that death rates from coronavirus or COVID-19 are stable or falling in many states, including those that have shown a recent spike in the number of coronavirus cases.

On Friday, Texas and Florida paused their re-openings, as both states showed a surge in new COVID-19 cases.

At the same time, data from the New York Times COVID-19 dataset, obtained on GitHub, shows that death rates in Texas and Florida are falling, at least for now.

Death rates were calculated by dividing the number of deaths by the number of confirmed cases, as of each date reported. They are expressed as a percentage of known coronavirus infections — not as a percentage of population.

There may also be many undetected cases, and deaths tend to lag cases, meaning a current spike in cases might not yet be reflected in the death rate as of today.

In Florida, the death rate peaked at 4.4% in late May, and has fallen to 2.9%. In Texas, the death rate peaked at 2.8% in early May, and has fallen to 1.7%, among the lowest in the nation.

*snip*

In Colorado, which is unique among Democrat-governed states in that it re-opened its economy relatively early, the death rate peaked at 5.7% and is relatively stable at 5.3% today. In Georgia, another state that re-opened early, the death rate peaked recently at 4.5% and has fallen to just below 4%.

New York’s death rate rose dramatically in April, but stabilized after peaking at 7.9%. In California, the death rate peaked at 4.1% and has fallen to 2.9%.

The overall death rate nationwide as of June 26 is 5.1% — five deaths per 100 confirmed cases — though death rates climb with age.

*snip*

Full Article

• Agree (+1) 1

Howsithangin
Posted (edited)

This ties into the post I had in another thread.  This statistic--the important one--is being intentionally left out by MiniTru and the Marxist party apparatchiks

Edited by Howsithangin
  • Agree (+1) 1

LeansToTheRight

“Deaths per confirmed cases” - yes, because ONLY people who are confirmed actually have/had it.  It can’t be possible that 20X of confirmed cases actually have/had it.  It can’t be possible that the ACTUAL death rate is .25%.

How does a publication put forth “deaths per confirmed cases” as any form of a legit statistic?

• Agree (+1) 1

MontyPython

quelle surprise!

B)

PaleoPatriot

Almost put a shoe through the TV last night when they started going on about the new "cases", or spikes as they like to call it.  Any excuse to keep the masses under their thumbs.  I was so sorry to hear both Florida and Texas go into panic mode.  This will never end, except I have a feeling the "spikes" will certainly be of no concern should the demented hair sniffer win in November.  Rioting, looting and burning is no problem since it's freedom to assemble, but going to a bar to assemble with friends is not allowed.  Bullcrap.  They have been lying to us for 4 months now, changing the lie whenever they feel the unrest is starting to get to the boiling point.

• Agree (+1) 2

MontyPython
3 minutes ago, PaleoPatriot said:

Almost put a shoe through the TV last night when they started going on about the new "cases", or spikes as they like to call it.  Any excuse to keep the masses under their thumbs.  I was so sorry to hear both Florida and Texas go into panic mode.  This will never end, except I have a feeling the "spikes" will certainly be of no concern should the demented hair sniffer win in November.  Rioting, looting and burning is no problem since it's freedom to assemble, but going to a bar to assemble with friends is not allowed.  Bullcrap.  They have been lying to us for 4 months now, changing the lie whenever they feel the unrest is starting to get to the boiling point.

Oh it will end all right - The day after the election. You know as well as I do this whole coronaparanoia is founded in the left's vendetta against Trump, and their traitorous goal of destroying millions of innocent lives, families, jobs, businesses, savings accounts, etc etc etc, if it will help them destroy the greatest president this country has had in literally decades.

<_< 

• Agree (+1) 2

Noclevermoniker

PINO - Pandemic In Name Only. 

• Agree (+1) 1

Natural Selection

The place where I work has had eight people (out of 200) test positive for covid-19. They were sent home to quarantine for a few weeks. All eight (100%) have returned to work and feel fine. They have an average age of 50 and were never hospitalized. In fact, none of them felt worse than a mild case of the flu.

zurg
Posted (edited)

I will keep going back to the Italian doctor’s report. He said the cases coming into the hospital there now present much better than two months ago. There’s a lot of talk in medical circles that the virus has indeed mutated. 

I suspect that many people may not like to accept this, but it’s at least a possibility that a mutation is happening (in a good direction), and that mutation became possible because of the isolation measures. 

I certainly don’t think there’s any reason for panic, I don’t think state economies should be shut down etc. But I don’t see anything wrong with being careful by wearing a mask and not seeking to be in close proximity for another while. Work resumes, play can wait a bit longer. 

Wearing a mask when going to grocery stores and restaurants and shopping is a polite and caring thing to do, mainly because it helps reduce transmission from the person onto others. I read people saying how the mask doesn’t stop you from getting sick, I think it helps a little, but I agree that mostly it’s true that the mask isn’t that helpful to you to prevent receiving infection from others. However, it’s pretty good at reducing transmission to others, and can keep the infection multiplier below 1. I think this is worth it for now. Maybe the viral mutation is happening and maybe it’ll mean that no vaccine is needed. 

I admit this is speculation. I don’t know this to be true. But I haven’t read any proof that it’s wrong either. 

Edited by zurg