88-year-old liquor store owner charged with assault for shooting robber

Rate this topic

pepperonikkid

88-year-old liquor store owner charged with assault for shooting robber

https://www.independentsentinel.com/

By  M. Dowling

June 27, 2020

Article:

An 88-year-old liquor store owner was arrested for shooting a robbery suspect. Owner May Boyce was charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon after a man allegedly lunged at her while trying to steal from her.

“I did what I had to do, and I hope word gets out on the street that I’m fed up and I’m not taking it anymore,” May Boyce told the New York Post after she was released on $10,000 bond. “You’ve got to stick up for yourself sometimes.”

Boyce said that she has been robbed multiple times while working at her shop, Murfreesboro Road Liquor and Wines, but said the past four years have been especially bad.

This was in the blue city of Nashville, Tennessee.

The five-foot-three, 115-pound widow was at work on June 16 when two men came into the store, the New York Post reported.

One of the men walked behind the counter and began helping himself to bottles, while the second man approached her “in a manner that she knew” indicated he was planning to steal from her, The Charlotte Observer reported.

Undeterred, Boyce grabbed the .38 Smith & Wesson snub-nose revolver that had belonged to her mother and placed the gun on the counter, according to the New York Post.

While they were “grabbing me some liquor,” she confronted them and Ramon Fisher lunged at her.

She believed he was under the influence of cocaine and alcohol. As he ran out, she aimed at the ground and fired.

Full Story

Rock N' Roll Right Winger

Good going, grandma! :high5:

Severian

They'll hang her out to dry regardless of the circumstances pro or con. She's going to be a sacrificial lamb to the mob.

spt

How dare her stand up for herself.  Didn't she know that is a sure fire sign of white privilege or racism or what ever the presently going term is for people who do not fall in line with BLM and ANTIFA?  

Squirrel

Good for her. I wish she had a go fund me page to buy a new gun. Since she’ll never get that one back or it’ll be 6 yrs down the road. 

east dallasite

So, she aimed at the ground but he was hit?  Did the bullet ricochet?

MontyPython
18 minutes ago, east dallasite said:

So, she aimed at the ground but he was hit?  Did the bullet ricochet?

Yeah, that's what I wondered too. So I clicked the link & read further. It goes on to say:

“Ms. Boyce stated that she pointed the gun towards the ground, in the victim’s direction, and fired once,” police said in the arrest affidavit, according to The Charlotte Observer. “The victim yelled out that he had been shot and fell into a stack of bottles.”

But that doesn't really clarify it, does it? It still doesn't say anything about how the bullet struck him, whether by ricochet or anything else.

:shrug: 

Noclevermoniker
34 minutes ago, MontyPython said:

Yeah, that's what I wondered too. So I clicked the link & read further. It goes on to say:

“Ms. Boyce stated that she pointed the gun towards the ground, in the victim’s direction, and fired once,” police said in the arrest affidavit, according to The Charlotte Observer. “The victim yelled out that he had been shot and fell into a stack of bottles.”

But that doesn't really clarify it, does it? It still doesn't say anything about how the bullet struck him, whether by ricochet or anything else.

She shoulda finished him. 

zurg
2 hours ago, MontyPython said:

Weak arms, enough kickback, barrel went up and happened to point at robber dude? 

MontyPython
2 hours ago, Noclevermoniker said:

She shoulda finished him. 

Works for me. One less piece of worthless trash.

47 minutes ago, zurg said:

Weak arms, enough kickback, barrel went up and happened to point at robber dude? 

Yeah, that seems as good a theory as any.

:yes: 

Howsithangin

Need I even bother looking into the ethnicity of said peeps or can I guess? <_<

Ticked@TinselTown

An 88-year-old liquor store owner was arrested for shooting a robbery suspect. Owner May Boyce was charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon after a man allegedly lunged at her while trying to steal from her.

“I did what I had to do, and I hope word gets out on the street that I’m fed up and I’m not taking it anymore,” May Boyce told the New York Post after she was released on $10,000 bond. “You’ve got to stick up for yourself sometimes.”

Sometimes?  If the leftards have their way, the police will no longer exist in any capacity and we will have to take care of business ourselves, EXCEPT the leftards are ALSO rigging the law to go after law abiding citizens who are protecting themselves against the criminals that the self same leftards have been feeding and emboldening with this imbecilic indulgence of the Antifa/BLMM thugs when they run wild without a care in the world.

Time to change the rules on the left and take back our country.

Hieronymous
11 hours ago, MontyPython said:

It also doesn't say where he was hit or his condition, something most articles about shootings provide.  I wonder if he was actually hit?

• Agree (+1) 1

MontyPython
11 minutes ago, Hieronymous said:

It also doesn't say where he was hit or his condition, something most articles about shootings provide.  I wonder if he was actually hit?

Yup, the article leaves a lot out.

B)