To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
kestrel

Black Man Jumps to the Rescue After Cop Trapped in Fiery Car Wreck: 'Value in Every Human Life'

Rate this topic

kestrel

westernjournal.com

Black Man Jumps to the Rescue After Cop Trapped in Fiery Car Wreck: 'Value in Every Human Life'

C. Douglas Golden

In these volatile times, it might be difficult to find stories about civilians showing their respect for police officers. Daylan McLee, for instance, has been lost in the shuffle.

That’s a shame, because he risked his life to save an officer from a burning cruiser. And he didn’t hesitate for a second — even given a past with police that would have given some pause.

McLee, 31, was at a Father’s Day cookout in Uniontown, Pennsylvania, on Sunday, according to The Associated Press. When he heard and felt an explosion, he initially thought it was a small earthquake. Then, someone came running in to tell him that there’d been a car crash outside involving a police cruiser.

Without hesitation, McLee ran out to the scene.

He managed to pull the injured police officer from his cruiser just as the flames began coming into the car.

TRENDING: Polish President Quietly Visits Vandalized DC Statue, His Next Move Puts Disrespectful Protesters to Shame

“I don’t know what came across me, but I ripped the door open and just pulled him to safety across the street,” he said.

The officer involved was identified as Uniontown Police Officer Jay Hanley.

“He was asking not to be moved. Not to be moved. His leg,” McLee told WTAE-TV. “Then we started to see the flames start to come inside of the car from the bottom, and I knew we had to get him out. Another officer tried to assist me, and I just ripped the door open and we started dragging him across the street before the car ignited or anything serious like that.”

“I know this man is my brother through Christ, and I couldn’t leave him behind,” McLee told KDKA-TV. “There were people outside screaming. We felt it in the house. It was like a jolt.”

Rest Here:https://www.westernjournal.com/black-man-risks-life-saves-cop-burning-car-man-brother-christ/

• Like (+1) 1

Ticked@TinselTown

What a great story.

I hope he doesn't get flack because he acted as one human being should toward another.

zurg

Great story. 

oki

May the good Lord forever bless and protect this man,  truly a hero and someone we should all strive to be like.

• Like (+1) 1