Sign in to follow this  
Howsithangin

WATCH: People in Harlem Reveal How They Feel About the Police

Rate this topic

Howsithangin
Posted (edited)

WATCH: Peoplein Harlem Reveal How They Feel About the Police

TOWNHALL; Beth Baumann. Posted: Jun 28, 2020 10:10 AM

Filmmaker Ami Horowitz took to the streets of Harlem to ask people – both black and white – what they thought of doing away with law enforcement. Not surprisingly, it was the white people who were aggressive and in favor of dismantling police departments. Black people, on the other hand, thought it was a terrible idea.

"I'd rather have something that doesn't work without them than what we currently have which is something that doesn't' work with them," a young white man explained. "I think that they are disgusting! I f**king hate the police! Like I just f**king hate the police and everything they stand for."

"Police should go back to being, you know, members of the community," a white woman said.

"Policing in this country is about keeping black people down," an older white man explained. "Police arose out of slave-catching patrols. The police are an occupying army."

The handful of white people that were interviewed continually said they thought the black community would be better off without law enforcement. But the African Americans that Horowitz talked to disagreed. 

"I think they're full of crap!" a black man said. "But yes. They're needed. I approve for them to be here 'cause my son, he's eight now. He wants to be a police. I want to push him to be a police."

"I think they're being somewhat ignorant," a black woman said bluntly.

An African American man said the area they were in would be "very dangerous" without the police. "People would be just going crazy! You know what I mean? It'd be worse than what it is. Robberies, looting, raping, murder..." he explained.

An older black man wearing a Black Lives Matter shirt completely disagreed with the idea of doing away with the police. "Abolishing the NYPD? That would be suicide!" he replied. "There's too many criminals out here, man! Are you kidding me? I wouldn't feel safe! But you need the police to police the land, man, and the people, you know?"

<SNIP>

LINK

Edited by Howsithangin

Ticked@TinselTown
Posted (edited)

"Policing in this country is about keeping black people down," an older white man explained. "Police arose out of slave-catching patrols. The police are an occupying army."

So... abject stupidity is going to be dubbed the COVID 20...  

Edited by Ticked@TinselTown
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Best Post (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

ThePatriot
Posted (edited)

Of course, every white person they interviewed is a leftard.

Edited by ThePatriot
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 2

Taggart Transcontinental

"Policing in this country is about keeping black people down," an older white man explained. "Police arose out of slave-catching patrols. The police are an occupying army."

1 hour ago, ThePatriot said:

Of course, every white person they interviewed is a leftard.

Spot on, who would live in Harlem as a white person other than a woke moron marxist trying to virtue signal? If you can afford to move out black our white you do.

Now onto this stupidity stated above Patriot. Police did not come out of slave catching patrols. Oh and by the way the white guy in the black hat? Looks like he's on something, just from his mannerisms. Probably on meth at the time. The statement "I hate everything they stand for!" Is an important statement. Law and order? The Constitution? The flag? Civil Rights? These are the things all law enforcement stands for. Obviously he hates all those things.

https://time.com/4779112/police-history-origins/

In cities, increasing urbanization rendered the night-watch system completely useless as communities got too big. The first publicly funded, organized police force with officers on duty full-time was created in Boston in 1838. Boston was a large shipping commercial center, and businesses had been hiring people to protect their property and safeguard the transport of goods from the port of Boston to other places, says Potter. These merchants came up with a way to save money by transferring to the cost of maintaining a police force to citizens by arguing that it was for the “collective good.”

It came from the concept of protecting property. Slave patrols are not the same thing as patrolling around a city stopping law breaking. It is entirely different. Think of a slave patrol like a bounty hunter or posse. Of course this moron was completely indoctrinated in marx and therefore thinks that is where it comes from. Different concept, Police do not operate manhunts unless a felony is committed (murder etc). Then only for that specific person, it is not a dragnet designed to arrest all black people and charge them with what ever they can find. I love that he asks a white guy how much rage there is for blacks in the community? Irony is lost on this tard, he's claiming cops have no moral position unless they are policing their "own community", meaning black officers policing blacks. However as a little marxist he can represent the black community's position of anger? Really? On a side note, if a black cop pulls over a white person or a hispanic should he then call for back up from that specific demographic before proceeding? If pulled over by a cop of another race do you lose your ability as a cop to enforce the law?

For example, businessmen in the late 19th century had both connections to politicians and an image of the kinds of people most likely to go on strike and disrupt their workforce. So it’s no coincidence that by the late 1880s, all major U.S. cities had police forces. Fears of labor-union organizers and of large waves of Catholic, Irish, Italian, German, and Eastern European immigrants, who looked and acted differently from the people who had dominated cities before, drove the call for the preservation of law and order, or at least the version of it promoted by dominant interests. For example, people who drank at taverns rather than at home were seen as “dangerous” people by others, but they might have pointed out other factors such as how living in a smaller home makes drinking in a tavern more appealing. (The irony of this logic, Potter points out, is that the businessmen who maintained this belief were often the ones who profited off of the commercial sale of alcohol in public places.)

So then we are watching European's and drunks! So again people using the police force for a purpose other than it's intended role. Which is to protect property and people.

At the same time, the late 19th century was the era of political machines, so police captains and sergeants for each precinct were often picked by the local political party ward leader, who often owned taverns or ran street gangs that intimidated voters. They then were able to use police to harass opponents of that particular political party, or provide payoffs for officers to turn a blind eye to allow illegal drinking, gambling and prostitution.

There is no history of voter fraud in the US! Promise!

When you start to understand the history of law enforcement, you can see it's come a long way from corrupt police systems (mostly) to mostly honest systems in place with a few bad apples among them. Professionalization should not include the Federal Government. It don't have a dog in this fight, it's up to the individual cities and counties to figure out what policing should look like there, and that's after all sides are taken into account. Don't want a police force, that's fine you will lose your tax base and citizens, it's self solving.

"I think they're full of crap!" a black man said. "But yes. They're needed. I approve for them to be here 'cause my son, he's eight now. He wants to be a police. I want to push him to be a police."

I would love for this man to ride a long with the PD that serves his area. I wished more people would do it. Most of the time you see older white people in these ride along programs, not young black men. There needs to be more outreach into the community these PD's serve to show them what the officers face. I live in my county, some don't, but that does not take away from the fact that we are there to protect all that we are serve.

An older black man wearing a Black Lives Matter shirt completely disagreed with the idea of doing away with the police. "Abolishing the NYPD? That would be suicide!" he replied. "There's too many criminals out here, man! Are you kidding me? I wouldn't feel safe! But you need the police to police the land, man, and the people, you know?"

These are the honest people out there, they know what is going on and they aren't falling for the nonsense. These white marxists are just astro-turfed idiots that spout idiot slogans they don't understand the ramifications of.

Awesome! That's the word from the OG's and they really mean it some of those guys were banging in the 80's.

• Best Post (+1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 3

DJGoody

The cops should do what these liberal fathers should have done....  Pull out!

• Haha (+1) 2

Taggart Transcontinental

There is a video on BB about a couple in St Louis Mo, that pull out weapons to defend their home. The thing I am wondering is, do they regret their virtue signalling and votes for the democrats? You can tell they are democrats because they really don't know what they are doing with those weapons. They are pointing them at the crowd, which in my state would get you charged with menacing if anyone brought it up. On the other hand standing at the ready in front of your home is not menacing.

Natural Selection
2 minutes ago, Taggart Transcontinental said:

There is a video on BB about a couple in St Louis Mo, that pull out weapons to defend their home. The thing I am wondering is, do they regret their virtue signalling and votes for the democrats? You can tell they are democrats because they really don't know what they are doing with those weapons. They are pointing them at the crowd, which in my state would get you charged with menacing if anyone brought it up. On the other hand standing at the ready in front of your home is not menacing.

I saw that video. Here's a link. A lot of people commenting on the video seem to think the protesters are within their rights because they are on the sidewalk. Other commenters corrected them by pointing out that the protesters were on private property in a gated community. The sidewalk...even the street...is not public property. The protesters broke through a gate to enter the private community. Here's the entrance they broke through (the sidewalk gate on the right). As you can see it's clearly marked as private property. The house in question is the first one on the right.

Annotation-2020-06-29-085712.png

Annotation-2020-06-29-085808.png

Annotation-2020-06-29-085843.png

• Agree (+1) 1

zurg

After reading this, it just dawned on me why there’s racial strife towards whites from the blacks’ side. It’s because the whites that these black people are exposed to are overwhelmingly leftists. No wonder! All these blacks must be muttering to themselves, these f’n white people are some crazy stupid mf’s! 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Best Post (+1) 1

Howsithangin
7 hours ago, zurg said:

After reading this, it just dawned on me why there’s racial strife towards whites from the blacks’ side. It’s because the whites that these black people are exposed to are overwhelmingly leftists. No wonder! All these blacks must be muttering to themselves, these f’n white people are some crazy stupid mf’s! 

That's an astute observation.  Interestingly, I commented similarly when I lived in America's sphincter (Hawaii) for a while.  The vast majority of whites there were surfer-stoners, obnoxious tourists, and retired ex-hippies.  I hated them too, LOL

• Agree (+1) 2

gravelrash

How's that gentrification working out for ya?

• Agree (+1) 2

Taggart Transcontinental
10 hours ago, Natural Selection said:

I saw that video. Here's a link. A lot of people commenting on the video seem to think the protesters are within their rights because they are on the sidewalk. Other commenters corrected them by pointing out that the protesters were on private property in a gated community. The sidewalk...even the street...is not public property. The protesters broke through a gate to enter the private community. Here's the entrance they broke through (the sidewalk gate on the right). As you can see it's clearly marked as private property. The house in question is the first one on the right.

Annotation-2020-06-29-085712.png

Annotation-2020-06-29-085808.png

Annotation-2020-06-29-085843.png

Oh believe me I understand I live in a community that has a similar statement "outside sales prohibited". Some dirt bag from the local flea motel was out taking video of the houses in our neighborhood. I was just getting off work when I lit him up and stopped him, he said "I am on the street I can do this". I asked him if he saw the sign, and said yes. I then asked "why would our HOA be allowed to prohibit outside sales people from entering?" He was like ummm I don't know? I said it's because this is private property, not city property and thus we can prohibit suspicious activities like yours. Does that make sense? He beat feet and didn't come back. He was casing the joint. He takes a video then another one and another one, then compares when the houses are occupied and thus when he can break in over time. Very effective, but I bounced that idiot and let him know we are watching. I knew he was an ex-con because he immediately went into the saved man by the grace of God routine. That's a dead giveaway.

Natural Selection
41 minutes ago, Taggart Transcontinental said:

Oh believe me I understand I live in a community that has a similar statement "outside sales prohibited". Some dirt bag from the local flea motel was out taking video of the houses in our neighborhood. I was just getting off work when I lit him up and stopped him, he said "I am on the street I can do this". I asked him if he saw the sign, and said yes. I then asked "why would our HOA be allowed to prohibit outside sales people from entering?" He was like ummm I don't know? I said it's because this is private property, not city property and thus we can prohibit suspicious activities like yours. Does that make sense? He beat feet and didn't come back. He was casing the joint. He takes a video then another one and another one, then compares when the houses are occupied and thus when he can break in over time. Very effective, but I bounced that idiot and let him know we are watching. I knew he was an ex-con because he immediately went into the saved man by the grace of God routine. That's a dead giveaway.

The St Louis Streets Department confirmed to CNN that Portland Place is a private street.

(source)

Taggart Transcontinental
2 minutes ago, Natural Selection said:

The St Louis Streets Department confirmed to CNN that Portland Place is a private street.

(source)

I agree, but it's funny how these leftists all live on secure neighborhoods with fences that don't apparently work when trying to keep illegals out, but do when you keep rif raf out. Then they get butt hurt when the people they have been oppressing for generations get all uppity.

Natural Selection
11 minutes ago, Taggart Transcontinental said:

I agree, but it's funny how these leftists all live on secure neighborhoods with fences that don't apparently work when trying to keep illegals out, but do when you keep rif raf out. Then they get butt hurt when the people they have been oppressing for generations get all uppity.

They are definitely hypocrites, but on the most basic level I support what they did. Defending your property with a gun is a long-standing American right.

grimreefer

In full agreement with Colion on this one too...

• Agree (+1) 2

grimreefer

One of Tucker's best...

• Agree (+1) 2

Taggart Transcontinental
7 hours ago, grimreefer said:

In full agreement with Colion on this one too...

Yep pretty much my assessment of the situation. She was brandishing and as such stupidly violating the law. He was legally keeping the weapon in a pathetic attempt to be at the ready, they need training. But then again they are leftists so they were good with protests as long as they were NIMBY. The second they became personal they got a problem.