To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
pepperonikkid

Biden Cancer Nonprofit Paid Its Top Execs Millions. It Spent Little to Eradicate Cancer

Rate this topic

pepperonikkid

Biden Cancer Nonprofit Paid Its Top Execs Millions. It Spent Little to Eradicate Cancer

https://freebeacon.com/

Joe Schoffstall 

JUNE 25, 2020

Article:

Nearly 65 percent of the Biden Cancer Initiative's money went into the pockets of staffers

Nearly two-thirds of the money the Biden Cancer Initiative spent since its founding in 2017 went toward staff compensation and six-figure salaries for top executives. The group spent far less on efforts to eradicate cancer.

One of several nonprofits Joe Biden created following his tenure in the White House, the Biden Cancer Initiative paid top executives lavishly, with salaries comprising nearly 65 percent of its total expenditures. That is well above the 25 percent charity watchdogs recommend nonprofits spend on administrative overhead and fundraising costs combined.

The nonprofit raised and spent $4.8 million over its two years in operation, its 2017 and 2018 tax forms show. Slightly more than $3 million of that amount went to salaries, compensation, and benefits. At the same time, the group spent just $1.7 million on all of its other expenses. A bulk of this cash—$740,000—was poured into conferences, conventions, and meetings. It did not cut a single grant to any other group or foundation during its two-year run.

An analysis of nonprofits by Charity Navigator, which rates charities for effectiveness, found that mid-to-large-sized nonprofits paid their chief executives an average salary of $126,000 per year—far less than what the Biden Cancer Initiative paid its president, Greg Simon, who pocketed $224,539 in 2017 and $429,850 in 2018. Charity Navigator's primary criterion for rating charities is whether they "spend at least 75% of their expenses directly on their programs."

The Biden cancer group's financial disclosures may raise new questions about whether the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee allowed associates to profit off their access to him. Before going on to receive six-figure salaries from the Biden Cancer Initiative, Simon and the initiative's vice president, Danielle Carnival, previously worked for the Obama administration's Cancer Moonshot program. Biden's son Hunter received $50,000 a month to sit on the board of Ukrainian energy company Burisma despite an apparent lack of qualifications. James Biden, Joe Biden's brother, joined a construction firm in 2010 that later won a $1.5 billion contract to build homes in Iraq while Biden oversaw Iraq policy. Biden's presidential campaign has been plagued with questions about Hunter's and James's financial activities.

Full Story

RedSoloCup

Cue Surprised Cat...

spt

And that is why I do not donate to charities.  Most of the money somehow makes it in to the pockets of those working there and very little if any go to the cause.  Even if it shows going to the cause I have my doubts.  Usually it goes to a cause that they themselves run so that the money goes back into their pockets that way as well. 

• Agree (+1) 3

zurg
7 minutes ago, spt said:

And that is why I do not donate to charities.  Most of the money somehow makes it in to the pockets of those working there and very little if any go to the cause.  Even if it shows going to the cause I have my doubts.  Usually it goes to a cause that they themselves run so that the money goes back into their pockets that way as well. 

👍  My wife and I do charity like this: we employ friends and acquaintances to do work on the house and other things when we can and need. Including work on cars, haircuts, everyday stuff. We go to local small businesses when we can even if they’re more expensive. We try to do our part to reward entrepreneurship and hard work; freebies don’t work too well... 

• Agree (+1) 3

Taggart Transcontinental

Obama tasked him with curing cancer. Guess he needs to be President to do it?

• Agree (+1) 1

Ticked@TinselTown

So Biden used his own son's death due to a brain tumor to use the sympathy from that to create a charity that takes in money for research to cure cancer but creates absolutely no results, other than overpaying staff...

I wonder if he hired anyone from Solyndra to help him with his humanitarian efforts to eradicate cancer? 🤔

They were the answer to the clean energy, so why not cure cancer, too?

• Like (+1) 1

Natural Selection
3 hours ago, pepperonikkid said:

I suspect a hypothetical Biden administration wouldn't be much different.

• Agree (+1) 1

sunangel1776
3 hours ago, Ticked@TinselTown said:

So Biden used his own son's death due to a brain tumor to use the sympathy from that to create a charity that takes in money for research to cure cancer but creates absolutely no results, other than overpaying staff...

I wonder if he hired anyone from Solyndra to help him with his humanitarian efforts to eradicate cancer? 🤔

They were the answer to the clean energy, so why not cure cancer, too?

This makes me furious. Jay passed away from the same type of brain tumor as Biden's son. At least Jay requested that his brain go to the Ivy Brain Tumor Center here in Phoenix to help find a cure. Jay did way more than the Biden family.

• Best Post (+1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 2

Ticked@TinselTown
17 minutes ago, sunangel1776 said:

This makes me furious. Jay passed away from the same type of brain tumor as Biden's son. At least Jay requested that his brain go to the Ivy Brain Tumor Center here in Phoenix to help find a cure. Jay did way more than the Biden family.

Jay was a genuinely stellar human being.

The Bidens are as far from that end of the human spectrum as one may get before being declassified a homo sapien.

For their ilk, it's all slick sh*t on the surface and a soulless core.

• Agree (+1) 2

Howsithangin

Right out of the Clinton playbook

• Agree (+1) 1

MontyPython
6 hours ago, sunangel1776 said:

:clap: :clap: :clap: 

:yes: 

• Agree (+1) 1

RedSoloCup

A foundation that only benefited its founders....

Like the one of Bill and Hill.

grimreefer

Nonprofits are an easy, low risk way to clean/funnel money.

• Agree (+1) 1

Dean Adam Smithee
Posted (edited)
On 6/29/2020 at 12:09 PM, pepperonikkid said:

One of several nonprofits Joe Biden created following his tenure in the White House, the Biden Cancer Initiative paid top executives lavishly, with salaries comprising nearly 65 percent of its total expenditures. That is well above the 25 percent charity watchdogs recommend nonprofits spend on administrative overhead and fundraising costs combined.

I agree with that 25% figure, meaning 75%+ goes to the actual cause.

Just to name a few of the better ones: Salvation Army, 82%;  YMCA, 85%;  Goodwill Industries, 89%;  Shriner's Hospitals, 86%;  Lutheran Services, 85%;  Catholic Charities, 88%; Save the Children, 88%; Disabled American Veterans (DAV),  88%; USO, 88%. 

Me? I happen to like (Scottish Rite) Children's Hospital of Atlanta, 82%, and Furkids Animal Rescue 91%.

80-some-% seems to be the "sweet spot", because all the good well-rated, vetted, audited, ones seem to land there; I'm skeptical of much above that except that I'll give Furkids a pass because, for one, I have some personal knowledge and, for two,  various watchdog groups like  CharityWatch seem to think highly of them.

(I know some higher-ups at Furkids. Good people. Dedicated. And know how to squeeze a nickel and get six cents change.)

Edited by Dean Adam Smithee
  • Agree (+1) 1

JerryL
On 6/30/2020 at 1:01 AM, zurg said:

👍  My wife and I do charity like this: we employ friends and acquaintances to do work on the house and other things when we can and need. Including work on cars, haircuts, everyday stuff. We go to local small businesses when we can even if they’re more expensive. We try to do our part to reward entrepreneurship and hard work; freebies don’t work too well... 

I donate to my Church.  My tithe goes to the Church.  My "offerings" go where I want them to go.  My wife and I made a contribution directly to the Pastor who works full time for the Church on 2 days/week salary while doing consulting on the side to care for his family.  I KNOW where my money went.

zurg
37 minutes ago, JerryL said:

I donate to my Church.  My tithe goes to the Church.  My "offerings" go where I want them to go.  My wife and I made a contribution directly to the Pastor who works full time for the Church on 2 days/week salary while doing consulting on the side to care for his family.  I KNOW where my money went.

That’s great. It’s not always like that.