To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
Liz

Michelle Obama Celebrates Alma Mater Princeton Removing Woodrow Wilson’s Name From School

Rate this topic

Liz

Breitbart

By JOSHUA CAPLAN

29 Jun 2020

Excerpt:

Former first lady Michelle Obama on Monday praised her alma mater, Princeton University, for dropping 28th President Woodrow Wilson’s name from its public policy school.

“Heartened to see my alma mater make this change, and even prouder of the students who’ve been advocating for this kind of change on campus for years,” Obama wrote on social media. “Let’s keep finding ways to be more inclusive to all students—at Princeton and at every school across the country.”

*snip*

Obama graduated from the Ivy League school with a bachelor’s degree in Sociology in 1985.

Princeton’s Board of Trustees recently voted to drop Wilson’s name from the university’s School of Public and International Affairs and residential college.

“We have taken this extraordinary step because we believe that Wilson’s racist thinking and policies make him an inappropriate namesake for a school whose scholars, students, and alumni must be firmly committed to combatting the scourge of racism in all its forms,” Princeton University President Christopher Eisgruber said in a statement Saturday.

“Wilson’s racism was significant and consequential even by the standards of his own time,” added Eisgruber. “He segregated the federal civil service after it had been racially integrated for decades, thereby taking America backward in its pursuit of justice.”

*snip*

Full Article

Ticked@TinselTown

“We have taken this extraordinary step because we believe that Wilson’s racist thinking and policies make him an inappropriate namesake for a school whose scholars, students, and alumni must be firmly committed to combatting the scourge of racism in all its forms,” Princeton University President Christopher Eisgruber said in a statement Saturday.

And yet Planned Parenthood is still all the rage among the leftards.

• Agree (+1) 2

AntiObama

Who cares what that has-been has got to say :)

• Agree (+1) 1

Hieronymous

Why does an Ivy League school offer a sociology major?  I used to work with a woman who got her bachelors in Sociology and her masters in Womens Studies.  She works in a bar.

• Agree (+1) 1

Howsithangin

It was much better when WWE was in session.  It kept her on the mat and quiet

• Agree (+1) 1

RedSoloCup

Who cares what Big Mike thinks...

• Agree (+1) 1

Currahee!

SHE matters because that boob....Biden.....will probably pick her for the VP slot.....it’s only logical.....the democrats need —-a woman—of  color—raging liberal—-who hates America—who has “experience”—-knows how to spend tax 💵 wisely—is a fashion ICON—-is a famous author and friend of the “Oprah”——“runs” Netflix .......and finally is married to the”ONE”

AND ...... THAT is why she is constantly in the self righteous MSM news

This is the Democrats wet dream......who else could be anointed?

• Agree (+1) 1

Noclevermoniker
2 hours ago, RedSoloCup said:

Who cares what Big Mike thinks...

Careful speaking that way about a Wookie. He’s liable to tear your arms off. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Rock N' Roll Right Winger
7 hours ago, AntiObama said:

Who cares what that has-been has got to say :)

Well apparently a lot of today's cancel culture snowflakes are offended/triggered right now by things that dead people have said long before these snowflakes were ever born? 

How's that for has beens getting all butt hurt about has beens? 

These people look for crap to be offended about.

I'm offended that they are offended about being offended! 

• Agree (+1) 1

Rock N' Roll Right Winger
2 hours ago, Currahee! said:

SHE matters because that boob....Biden.....will probably pick her for the VP slot.....it’s only logical.....the democrats need —-a woman—of  color—raging liberal—-who hates America—who has “experience”—-knows how to spend tax 💵 wisely—is a fashion ICON—-is a famous author and friend of the “Oprah”——“runs” Netflix .......and finally is married to the”ONE”

AND ...... THAT is why she is constantly in the self righteous MSM news

This is the Democrats wet dream......who else could be anointed?

But Moochelle/Michael does not have a "slot".

It has a "peg" instead.  :rolleyes:

• Haha (+1) 1

Bubbajoebob

Someone else's idea from Facebook: Woodrow Wilson also signed the laws creating the Federal Reserve and the Federal Income Tax.  How about we get rid of those legacies of a racist president too, lefites?

• Agree (+1) 1

scotsman

Sociology, ah, so not a real degree then.

MontyPython
Posted (edited)

“Let’s keep finding ways to be more inclusive to all students—at Princeton and at every school across the country.”

Err.....umm.....SHE graduated from Princeton in 1985. Think about that carefully: A black woman, TWO allegedly "oppressed minorities" (:rolleyes:), had no trouble getting into this Ivy League college and getting her bachelor's degree. How is that "not" inclusive???

:scratch: 

She's obviously every bit as clueless as every other chowderheaded leftist.

<_<

(And yes, LOL, I fully expect the "that's a man!" responses. But I'm being serious here.)

:rolleyes: 

Edited by MontyPython

USMCforever60
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Liz said:

Breitbart

By JOSHUA CAPLAN

29 Jun 2020

Excerpt:

Former first lady Michelle Obama on Monday praised her alma mater, Princeton University, for dropping 28th President Woodrow Wilson’s name from its public policy school.

“Heartened to see my alma mater make this change, and even prouder of the students who’ve been advocating for this kind of change on campus for years,” Obama wrote on social media. “Let’s keep finding ways to be more inclusive to all students—at Princeton and at every school across the country.”

*snip*

Obama graduated from the Ivy League school with a bachelor’s degree in Sociology in 1985.

Princeton’s Board of Trustees recently voted to drop Wilson’s name from the university’s School of Public and International Affairs and residential college.

“Wilson’s racism was significant and consequential even by the standards of his own time,” added Eisgruber. “He segregated the federal civil service after it had been racially integrated for decades, thereby taking America backward in its pursuit of justice.”

*snip*

Full Article

MOOCHELE aint earned anything except my scorn and disgust. She is the worst sort of person who rides on others backs.

Edited by USMCforever60

Ladybird
11 hours ago, Hieronymous said:

Why does an Ivy League school offer a sociology major?  I used to work with a woman who got her bachelors in Sociology and her masters in Womens Studies.  She works in a bar.

I know one who is now a director of an agency, after completing her BA in sociology and then a masters in social work. She was once a foster kid from a neglectful, abusive home. It is a useful and essential profession. 

Magic Rat

It lofts my heart that the Obamas are ignoring petty things like rioting and violence and concentrating on the important things.

• Agree (+1) 1

erp

While I think her is NOT in the right place, Wilson was a POS!!  I actually may agree with the Wookie on this one.

scotsman
20 hours ago, Ladybird said:

I know one who is now a director of an agency, after completing her BA in sociology and then a masters in social work. She was once a foster kid from a neglectful, abusive home. It is a useful and essential profession. 

I was being flippant, but both sides of the big pond, its seen as the weakest of the humanities, and studied by those who aren't quite bright enough to 'do' history, philosophy, politics etc.

As well as being very left-wing biased. Not that I believe nothing should have some left-wing component, you need balance, but it does always seem very of the left.

• Agree (+1) 1

zurg

I’ll give an ounce of credit to Princeton on one thing: Woodrow Wilson was a democrat. 

If you read his history you can clearly connect the dots, yet leftists today still don’t understand jack about what they vote for. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woodrow_Wilson