Liz

Biden Vows To Confront Putin: Russian 'Abuse' Won't Stand If I'm President

Rate this topic

Liz

Washington Examiner

by Naomi Lim, Political Reporter 

June 29, 2020 06:33 PM

Excerpt:

Joe Biden denounced President Trump's cozy relationship with Russian President Vladimir Putin after reports Russia offered bounties to the Taliban to kill U.S. troops in Afghanistan.

“When I’m president, this and so many abuses will not stand. Make no mistake. I’ll confront Putin. I’ll strengthen NATO. I’ll make clear to Putin that they’ll have a price to pay for interference in our democratic processes,” Biden told donors Monday, referring to the North Atlantic Treaty Organization.

If he had been briefed on the matter, the two-term vice president and presumptive 2020 Democratic presidential nominee said his administration would've raised the issue with the United Nations Security Council. He would've also worked "like hell with our allies to impose new sanctions on Russia, identify other opportunities to impose cost, and further isolate Russia on the world stage.”

Biden blasted Trump for not saying he had received intelligence that a Russian spy unit paid Taliban-connected militants to slaughter U.S. and coalition armed forces as the Trump administration tried to broker a peace deal with the Taliban and the Afghan government.

“There are still a lot of discussion about what the facts are. But if the president knew this and did nothing, it’s outrageous. It’s clearly a betrayal of a sacred duty to protect troops that he sends into harm’s way," he said.

Trump has denied the New York Times's claim he was told about the intelligence in March, saying it wasn't "credible." Director of National Intelligence John Ratcliffe has backed up Trump's denials, but they've been skewered by Democrats such as House Speaker Nancy Pelosi.

*snip*

Full Story

Biden's the very definition of delusional.  If he weren't such a bastard,I'd almost feel sorry for him.

• Haha (+1) 2

MontyPython

LOL

Yeah, Biden's so scary, LOL. What's he gonna do? Write Putin a nasty letter? Wag his finger? Spitballs? Cry?

:rolleyes: 

• Agree (+1) 1

Liz
6 minutes ago, MontyPython said:

LOL

Yeah, Biden's so scary, LOL. What's he gonna do? Write Putin a nasty letter? Wag his finger? Spitballs? Cry?

Maybe he'll send in the estimable "Dr. Jill" to do battle for him.  :crybaby:

• Haha (+1) 2

MontyPython

tumblr_nkpelk2xIo1u0k6deo8_250.gifv

• Haha (+1) 1

Ticked@TinselTown

He thought they said Russian booze....

:biglaugh:

• Haha (+1) 2

Severian
1 hour ago, MontyPython said:

LOL

I promise, as President I will lean hard on Russia until they appoint Hunter Biden to a suitably corrupt and well paid position, at which time I'll have a Depends senior moment and forget all about it. What did, I...what did I just say?

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Agree (+1) 2

Howsithangin

hey Josephine, you can't deny a billion dollar aide package to Russia, so what else is up your sleeve?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 1

JerryL
2 hours ago, Liz said:

Washington Examiner

Excerpt:

Joe Biden denounced President Trump's cozy relationship with Russian President Vladimir Putin after reports Russia offered bounties to the Taliban to kill U.S. troops in Afghanistan.

“When I’m president, this and so many abuses will not stand. Make no mistake. I’ll confront Putin. I’ll strengthen NATO. I’ll make clear to Putin that they’ll have a price to pay for interference in our democratic processes,” Biden told donors Monday, referring to the North Atlantic Treaty Organization.

If he had been briefed on the matter, the two-term vice president and presumptive 2020 Democratic presidential nominee said his administration would've raised the issue with the United Nations Security Council. He would've also worked "like hell with our allies to impose new sanctions on Russia, identify other opportunities to impose cost, and further isolate Russia on the world stage.”

Biden blasted Trump for not saying he had received intelligence that a Russian spy unit paid Taliban-connected militants to slaughter U.S. and coalition armed forces as the Trump administration tried to broker a peace deal with the Taliban and the Afghan government.

“There are still a lot of discussion about what the facts are. But if the president knew this and did nothing, it’s outrageous. It’s clearly a betrayal of a sacred duty to protect troops that he sends into harm’s way," he said.

Trump has denied the New York Times's claim he was told about the intelligence in March, saying it wasn't "credible." Director of National Intelligence John Ratcliffe has backed up Trump's denials, but they've been skewered by Democrats such as House Speaker Nancy Pelosi.

*snip*

Full Story

Biden's the very definition of delusional.  If he weren't such a bastard,I'd almost feel sorry for him.

Which every leftist out there reads as, "The president knew this and did nothing.  It's outrageous.  Impeach."

• Best Post (+1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 1

RedSoloCup

:biglaugh:like you're even going to be elected, retard!

• Agree (+1) 2

RedSoloCup
3 hours ago, MontyPython said:

LOL

Send Corn Pop to fight him? :rofl:

• Haha (+1) 3

Hieronymous

I can picture the conversation.  "You won't interfere with our elections after I bring down the Iron Curtain."

• Haha (+1) 3

Rock N' Roll Right Winger

I'm sure that Joey Plugs would not abuse the Russians. After all since he and his son are both in their pockets? :shrug:

• Agree (+1) 2

RedSoloCup
36 minutes ago, Rock N' Roll Right Winger said:

I'm sure that Joey Plugs would not abuse the Russians. After all since he and his son are both in their pockets? :shrug:

Just like China.

• Agree (+1) 2

Weaseljd

Biden will be so tough on Russia he will sic China on them!  That will teach those damn pinko's to attack America!

• Haha (+1) 1

USMCforever60
8 hours ago, Liz said:

Washington Examiner

Excerpt:

*snip*

Full Story

WOW, pot and kettle analogy inserted here.....Joey Plugs would be worse than bathhouse Boi was, if possible dealing with Putin.

• Agree (+1) 2

Severian

I have to wonder why anyone is even remotely surprised by the Russian actions, if indeed they are true. It's more of the Russia Russia Russia all the time by the Democrats and their MSM allies, while ignoring the dragon in the room that is China. Plus, don't I recall the US supplying a lot of, oh, say Stinger missiles to be used against Russian helicopters when Russia was playing in that particular sandbox? On a comparative scale paying off a few bounties is small potatoes compared with blowing helicopters out of the air. It's part and parcel of the way the major powers wage proxy wars against each other.

• Agree (+1) 2

moocow
12 hours ago, MontyPython said:

LOL

Sounds like standard Dim responses to an aggressive nation.  But the real response is to send the Secretary of State in with a Reset button.  

(Oh, and just to add in an Obama quote, "The 1980's called. They want their foreign policy back.")

• Haha (+1) 1

MontyPython
9 hours ago, JerryL said:

Which every leftist out there reads as, "The president knew this and did nothing.  It's outrageous.  Impeach."

Yup. In fact we have one LeftistToo doing that very sort of mangling in another thread right now!

;) 

8 hours ago, RedSoloCup said:

Send Corn Pop to fight him? :rofl:

ROFLMAO!

3 hours ago, Severian said:

I have to wonder why anyone is even remotely surprised by the Russian actions, if indeed they are true. It's more of the Russia Russia Russia all the time by the Democrats and their MSM allies, while ignoring the dragon in the room that is China. Plus, don't I recall the US supplying a lot of, oh, say Stinger missiles to be used against Russian helicopters when Russia was playing in that particular sandbox? On a comparative scale paying off a few bounties is small potatoes compared with blowing helicopters out of the air. It's part and parcel of the way the major powers wage proxy wars against each other.

Shhhhhhhhh! No facts allowed in the Biden camp!

:nono: 

• Agree (+1) 1

MontyPython
3 minutes ago, moocow said:

Sounds like standard Dim responses to an aggressive nation.  But the real response is to send the Secretary of State in with a Reset button.  

(Oh, and just to add in an Obama quote, "The 1980's called. They want their foreign policy back.")

LOL.

:2up: 

• Agree (+1) 1

MontyPython

LOLOLOLOL

I feel genuinely sorry for the mentally retarded.

Mods - Please notice I named no names and quoted no posts. Yes, everybody knows who I'm referring to, but I truly believe there's no reason to delete this post. Hell, I wish the offending post could remain too, so that proof of the left's mental retardation could stand for all to see.

:shrug: 

• Agree (+1) 1

zurg

Leftards, instead of being angry at Hillary and Obama for assisting in the murder of ambassador Stevens, prefer to make up stuff about President Trump, in a vain effort to make themselves think that they aren’t facing another 4 years of “Rump”. :lol:

• Agree (+1) 2

MontyPython
27 minutes ago, zurg said:

Leftards, instead of being angry at Hillary and Obama for assisting in the murder of ambassador Stevens, prefer to make up stuff about President Trump, in a vain effort to make themselves think that they aren’t facing another 4 years of “Rump”. :lol:

:2up: 

• Agree (+1) 1

Confessor

As Gunny once said in a movie, Vlad would tell Biden “You better Un-&$@$ yourself before I unscrew your head and $h17 down your neck!”

• Agree (+1) 1