Liz

Jill Biden Predicts 'A Lot Of Republicans' Will Vote For Husband Joe

Rate this topic

Liz

Washington Examiner

by Naomi Lim, Political Reporter

June 30, 2020 12:51 PM

Excerpt:

Jill Biden has a sneaky suspicion many Republicans will turn their backs on President Trump this November.

"From what I've seen, a lot of Republicans are going to vote for Joe," the former second lady told ABC's The View Tuesday. "Maybe they're not saying it publicly, but when I was out there on the trail, a lot of people came up to me and said, 'Jill, I'm Republican, but I'm going to vote for your husband because he's a moderate, and he's a steady leader, and we believe in Joe.'"

Jill Biden had been asked about Trump's relationship with his base. Trump touts how there's a segment of the electorate that won't desert him, but polling this month showed the White House incumbent struggling with key groups, such as white evangelicals and white, non-college-educated voters.

Biden pointed to Trump's COVID-19 response as the most recent reason for the defections. She also cited public health advice to defend her husband's quieter campaign schedule. Critics have mocked the two-term vice president for the time he's spent in his basement TV studio due to the pandemic.

Biden was also quizzed about speculation on California Sen. Kamala Harris as the front-runner to become the 2020 Democratic vice presidential nominee. The community college professor, who's had an influential role in the running mate selection process because of the lockdowns, once described Harris's attacks against her husband during the opening primary debates as a "punch to the gut."

*snip*

Full Story

Howsithangin

Whatever she's on, I'd like some.  It's been a rough week

• Agree (+1) 1

CHANG

Um, is dementia contagious?

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Agree (+1) 1

Liz
16 minutes ago, CHANG said:

:D

• Agree (+1) 1

MontyPython

... polling this month showed the White House incumbent struggling with key groups, such as white evangelicals and white, non-college-educated voters.

I don't believe that for a split-second. Hmmm...Perhaps I should rephrase that: I do believe such polls exist. Of course they do, because as the old sayings go, "There are lies, damned lies, and statistics"...and..."Figures don't lie, but liars figure"...and..."There is only one poll that counts, and that's the one on election day"...and so forth. Such polls might exist, but I don't believe Trump is "struggling" with those groups.

We've all seen how polls can be manipulated, whether by deliberately leading questions, or by polling certain demographics at higher than their representation of the local voting populace, or even by deliberate miscounting. Whatever the method, we've seen how hilariously wrong polls have been. Just look at how far ahead in the polls Hillary supposedly was in Nov 2016, LOL.

So yeah, I'm sure such polls do indeed exist. But I don't believe for a second that Trump is "struggling" with "white evangelicals and white, non-college-educated voters". If anything, after all the vile, slanderous, dishonest, unfounded lies and attacks against Trump the Democrats have disgraced themselves with over the past several years, I'm pretty sure millions of previous fence-sitters have been driven into Trump's camp, not out.

B) 

• Agree (+1) 1

Ticked@TinselTown
1 hour ago, CHANG said:

As I've mentioned before, leftism is a STD that has the symptoms of advanced syphilis...

Exhibits Biden

• Like (+1) 1
  • Best Post (+1) 1

RedSoloCup
3 hours ago, CHANG said:

:biglaugh:apparently so.

• Agree (+1) 1

RedSoloCup
1 hour ago, Ticked@TinselTown said:

As I've mentioned before, leftism is a STD that has the symptoms of advanced syphilis...

Exhibits Biden

:exactly:

Taggart Transcontinental

I am sure the Romney's and the Collin's of the RNC will vote for Biden for Senate! He's running against that upstate Biden after all. But there will be democrats voting for Trump as well.

• Agree (+1) 2

pepperonikkid

She might be right; the never Trumpers will definitely vote for Biden

• Agree (+1) 2

Taggart Transcontinental
35 minutes ago, pepperonikkid said:

She might be right; the never Trumpers will definitely vote for Biden

I am sure a few in here have already cast their mail in ballot of happiness, feeling smug they can cross the aisle and vote team deranged.

• Best Post (+1) 1

erp

Depends on her definition of "a lot?"

Some think 45, is a lot. ;)

USMCforever60
9 hours ago, Liz said:

Washington Examiner

by Naomi Lim, Political Reporter

June 30, 2020 12:51 PM

Excerpt:

Jill Biden has a sneaky suspicion many Republicans will turn their backs on President Trump this November.

"From what I've seen, a lot of Republicans are going to vote for Joe," the former second lady told ABC's The View Tuesday. "Maybe they're not saying it publicly, but when I was out there on the trail, a lot of people came up to me and said, 'Jill, I'm Republican, but I'm going to vote for your husband because he's a moderate, and he's a steady leader, and we believe in Joe.'"

Jill Biden had been asked about Trump's relationship with his base. Trump touts how there's a segment of the electorate that won't desert him, but polling this month showed the White House incumbent struggling with key groups, such as white evangelicals and white, non-college-educated voters.

Biden pointed to Trump's COVID-19 response as the most recent reason for the defections. She also cited public health advice to defend her husband's quieter campaign schedule. Critics have mocked the two-term vice president for the time he's spent in his basement TV studio due to the pandemic.

Biden was also quizzed about speculation on California Sen. Kamala Harris as the front-runner to become the 2020 Democratic vice presidential nominee. The community college professor, who's had an influential role in the running mate selection process because of the lockdowns, once described Harris's attacks against her husband during the opening primary debates as a "punch to the gut."

*snip*

Full Story

This whole article is ripe with statements that a seasoned comic could use to kill a politicians chances for election....where to begin!!!!!

Jill has a sneaky suspicion.....what Joey Plugs has dementia????

Jill asked about Trump's relationship with his base....Hell woman, Trump's base is going to vote for him, not ask how his relationship is with his family! 

Or how bout this, Joe and Jill went up the hill to get Joe elected, Joe fell down, Jill kicked him around and Camel-toe stayed a US Senator....hows that!

• Haha (+1) 2

MontyPython
1 hour ago, USMCforever60 said:

This whole article is ripe with statements that a seasoned comic could use to kill a politicians chances for election....where to begin!!!!!

Jill asked about Trump's relationship with his base....Hell woman, Trump's base is going to vote for him, not ask how his relationship is with his family! 

Or how bout this, Joe and Jill went up the hill to get Joe elected, Joe fell down, Jill kicked him around and Camel-toe stayed a US Senator....hows that!

ROFLMAO!!

+1

:lol: 

• Haha (+1) 1

RedSoloCup
2 hours ago, USMCforever60 said:

:lol:

Howsithangin
11 hours ago, AntonToo said:

Cute video. What does this have to do with the claim and my comment?

oh, here’s a read for you:The Atlantic does a brutal takedown of The Lincoln Project

• Agree (+1) 1

AntonToo
2 hours ago, Howsithangin said:

Cute video. What does this have to do with the claim and my comment?

oh, here’s a read for you:The Atlantic does a brutal takedown of The Lincoln Project

It has to do with Republicans spending millions campaigning against Trump

• Disagree (-1) 1

MontyPython
9 minutes ago, AntonToo said:

And those who are participating are traitors to the things their party used to stand for.

<_< 

• Agree (+1) 1

Howsithangin
Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, AntonToo said:

This is just a rehash of a previous argument we had.  I’m not going over it again, and dismiss this as more nothingburger

Edited by Howsithangin
  • Agree (+1) 1

AntonToo
32 minutes ago, MontyPython said:

And those who are participating are traitors to the things their party used to stand for.

<_< 

Funny, thats what they say about the Trumpers.

• Disagree (-1) 1

MontyPython
14 minutes ago, AntonToo said:

Then they're either idiots or at the very least, not paying attention.

B)

• Agree (+1) 1

RedSoloCup
10 hours ago, AntonToo said:

9 hours ago, AntonToo said:

:yawn:

10 hours ago, MontyPython said:

<_< 

9 hours ago, MontyPython said:

Then they're either idiots or at the very least, not paying attention.

B)

:exactly:

USMCforever60
On 7/2/2020 at 7:27 AM, AntonToo said:

UNI-PARTY...conglomerate of Dems and Repubs. Only thing worse than child molester is a politician.

The list of Republicans voting for Joey-Plugs is the usual suspects, Powell, typical of him. He was a Bush guy and since showed his true colors, Flake, well his name speaks for itself! Mattis and Kelly, real disappointment on both, thought they would be better. Mitt Romney (Mittens) got his A%$ handed to him by half-breed, quazi-sexual gnome, so he will be bitter till he gets back to LA-LA land. Rick Wilson, John Weaver, Steve Schmidt, and George Conway....hangers on who are just second rate. Finally, George Will, he is mad cause no-one takes him seriously anymore. Another RINO.

• Best Post (+1) 1