To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
pepperonikkid

Fox News Fires America’s Newsroom Anchor Ed Henry For “Willful Sexual Misconduct”

Rate this topic

pepperonikkid

Fox News Fires America’s Newsroom Anchor Ed Henry For “Willful Sexual Misconduct”

https://deadline.com/

Jill Goldsmith

July 1, 2020

Article:

Fox News said Wednesday it’s fired host Ed Henry of America’s Newsroom after an outside investigation of a complaint involving “willful sexual misconduct in the workplace years ago.”

Henry was suspended June 25 when the network received the complaint. Rotating news anchors wil co-anchor the show from New York alongside Sandra Smith until a permanent replacement is found, FOX News Media CEO Suzanne Scott and FOX News Media President & Executive Editor Jay Wallace said in a memo to all employeees.

“We would like to bring a very serious matter to your attention in an effort toward full transparency given the many actions we have taken to improve the culture here over the last four years,” the memo said.

Short Story

grimreefer

:blink:

Wow. Sure didn't see that coming.

• Best Post (+1) 1

MontyPython

I realize the exact nature of this "willful sexual misconduct" is none of my business. But since I don't have that information I can't judge whether or not Henry is actually guilty of doing anything wrong. Here's what I mean:

There are people who think merely telling an off-color joke, or putting a picture of a girl in a bikini on your office wall, or cussing if you stub your toe, etc, is "sexual misconduct". And that's just silly nonsense. However, if he actually laid hands on somebody against their will, or put a secret camera in somebody dressing room, or something of that nature, then I fully agree he's guilty as hell.

So without knowing what he supposedly did, I have no way of knowing whether or not he did anything wrong.

B) 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 3

pepperonikkid

Something to get rid of him because he's a pro trumper.

• Best Post (+1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 2

Rock N' Roll Right Winger
27 minutes ago, pepperonikkid said:

Nailed it.

• Disagree (-1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 1

RedSoloCup

Now if it had been Chrissy Wallass or Juan Williams or someone else on FNC who's anti Trump,  they would have been allowed to stay. :nuts:

RedSoloCup
32 minutes ago, pepperonikkid said:

:yes:

Not allowed at the "new" FNC. 

MontyPython
2 hours ago, pepperonikkid said:

:rolleyes: 

If that was true, wouldn't they also have to get rid of Sean Hannity, Tucker Carlson, Laura Ingraham, Dana Perino, Greg Gutfeld, Jesse Watters, Dan Bongino, Steve Doocy, Peter Doocy, Brian Kilmeade, Chris Stirewalt, Bret Baier, Maria Bartiromo, Ainsley Earhardt, Harris Faulkner, Julie Banderas, Shannon Bream, Bill Hemmer, Arthel Neville, Sandra Smith, Pete Hegseth, Steve Hilton, Griff Jenkins, Mark Levin, Martha McCallum, Jeanine Pirro, Trace Gallagher, Lauren Greene, Jennifer Griffin, Steve Harrigan, Molly Henneberg, Rick Leventhal, Carly Shimkus, Tammy Bruce, Emily Compagno, Tyrus, Kat Timpf, Katie Pavlich, Janice Dean, Rick Reichmuth, and all the rest of the strongly conservative and outspoken Trump supporters who are at FoxNews? You know, the ones who make up the overwhelming majority there?

This hilariously preposterous attitude around here that Fox is "just as bad" as the leftwing media (CNN, MSNBC, PBS, NPR, ABC, NBC, CBS, CBC, etc etc etc) is reaching utterly retarded proportions. I take it none of you actually watch FoxNews very often.

• Agree (+1) 1

LeansToTheRight

I’m not going to say “I saw this coming”, but there was something about him that just didn’t sit right though I never could quite put my finger on it.  So I’m not totally surprised by this news.

pepperonikkid
1 hour ago, MontyPython said:

If that was true, wouldn't they also have to get rid of Sean Hannity, Tucker Carlson, Laura Ingraham, Dana Perino, Greg Gutfeld, Jesse Watters, Dan Bongino, Steve Doocy, Peter Doocy, Brian Kilmeade, Chris Stirewalt, Bret Baier, Maria Bartiromo, Ainsley Earhardt, Harris Faulkner, Julie Banderas, Shannon Bream, Bill Hemmer, Arthel Neville, Sandra Smith, Pete Hegseth, Steve Hilton, Griff Jenkins, Mark Levin, Martha McCallum, Jeanine Pirro, Trace Gallagher, Lauren Greene, Jennifer Griffin, Steve Harrigan, Molly Henneberg, Rick Leventhal, Carly Shimkus, Tammy Bruce, Emily Compagno, Tyrus, Kat Timpf, Katie Pavlich, Janice Dean, Rick Reichmuth, and all the rest of the strongly conservative and outspoken Trump supporters who are at FoxNews? You know, the ones who make up the overwhelming majority there?

This hilariously preposterous attitude around here that Fox is "just as bad" as the leftwing media (CNN, MSNBC, PBS, NPR, ABC, NBC, CBS, CBC, etc etc etc) is reaching utterly retarded proportions. I take it none of you actually watch FoxNews very often.

In due time

MontyPython
2 hours ago, pepperonikkid said:

In due time

Huh? I don't follow. What's going to happen in due time?

If you mean they're going to fire all the conservatives/Trump supporters at Fox in due time, that's hilariously preposterous. That's their bread & butter. 

B) 

pepperonikkid

Hi Monty

The new ones in charge are murdocks two sons who are progressive. Anyone who speaks the truth against the left/democrats will be fired. 
Trish Regan spoke the truth and was fired. Ed Henry a Trump supporter fired. It doesn’t matter who on Fox is the bread and butter; they will fire anyone who becomes a threat. Look at Tucker Carson; he can be fired on a dime when the time is right. 

• Agree (+1) 1

MontyPython
4 hours ago, pepperonikkid said:

Hi Monty

The new ones in charge are murdocks two sons who are progressive. Anyone who speaks the truth against the left/democrats will be fired. 
Trish Regan spoke the truth and was fired. Ed Henry a Trump supporter fired. It doesn’t matter who on Fox is the bread and butter; they will fire anyone who becomes a threat. Look at Tucker Carson; he can be fired on a dime when the time is right. 

And you honestly believe the owners/operators/whatever at FoxNews are going to deliberately flush the millions/billions they make on their cash cow down the toilet?? That's insane. Even if the Murdocks don't personally agree with conservative politics, they still know exactly why FoxNews is the most-watched news network on cable TV: Because they present the news honestly, fair & balanced. They make sure all sides are presented fairly, and eliminating all the conservatives at Fox (the overwhelming majority there) will kill their cash cow.

This "Fox is just as bad as the rest" nonsense is pure insanity.

B)

pepperonikkid
10 hours ago, MontyPython said:

And you honestly believe the owners/operators/whatever at FoxNews are going to deliberately flush the millions/billions they make on their cash cow down the toilet?? That's insane. Even if the Murdocks don't personally agree with conservative politics, they still know exactly why FoxNews is the most-watched news network on cable TV: Because they present the news honestly, fair & balanced. They make sure all sides are presented fairly, and eliminating all the conservatives at Fox (the overwhelming majority there) will kill their cash cow.

This "Fox is just as bad as the rest" nonsense is pure insanity.

B)

Good Morning Monty:

Don't you ever sleep?

To Answer your question: Yes I do

First: Juan Williams had serious sexual allegations against him while he was working at both NPR and the Washington Post this was back in the 1990's; still has his job with Fox News .

Second:  Donna Brazile who admitted supplying the debate questions to the Hillary campaign in 2016.  Yet Fox still hired her.

Both Democrats and anti-trumpers still have jobs with Fox News.

• Agree (+1) 1

MontyPython
Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, pepperonikkid said:

Good Morning Monty:

Don't you ever sleep?

To Answer your question: Yes I do

First: Juan Williams had serious sexual allegations against him while he was working at both NPR and the Washington Post this was back in the 1990's; still has his job with Fox News .

Second:  Donna Brazile who admitted supplying the debate questions to the Hillary campaign in 2016.  Yet Fox still hired her.

Both Democrats and anti-trumpers still have jobs with Fox News.

Of course they do, as well as plenty of other leftist Fox regulars like Geraldo, Mark Lamont Hill, Jessica Tarlov, Chris Wallace, Capri Cafaro, Leslie Marshall, and others. That's because unlike the other "news" networks, FoxNews makes an honest effort to present all sides. In other words they truly live up to their "fair and balanced" motto. If they never included leftists they'd be no better than CNN or MSNBC, who never include conservatives.

B) 

Edited by MontyPython

pepperonikkid
52 minutes ago, MontyPython said:

Of course they do, as well as plenty of other leftist Fox regulars like Geraldo, Mark Lamont Hill, Jessica Tarlov, Chris Wallace, Capri Cafaro, Leslie Marshall, and others. That's because unlike the other "news" networks, FoxNews makes an honest effort to present all sides. In other words they truly live up to their "fair and balanced" motto. If they never included leftists they'd be no better than CNN or MSNBC, who never include conservatives.

B) 

So Ed Henry is fired for sexual allegations that happened years ago but Juan Williams keeps his Job.

Trish Regan fired for telling the truth and Donna Brazile keeps her job for cheating

yep fair and balanced

• Agree (+1) 1

MontyPython
1 minute ago, pepperonikkid said:

So Ed Henry is fired for sexual allegations that happened years ago but Juan Williams keeps his Job.

Trish Regan fired for telling the truth and Donna Brazile keeps her job for cheating

yep fair and balanced

*sigh*

We don't know the nature of the "sexual misconduct" allegations against Ed Henry, so we have no way of knowing if they're legit.

I agree firing Trish Regan was a mistake.

As for Donna Brazile, yes leftists/Democrats cheat and lie. That's what they do. So if you're going to keep leftists/Democrats on the payroll you're going to have cheaters & liars. Nonetheless the only alternative is to not have leftists/Democrats on the payroll, which means you'd be exactly as unfair and unbalanced as CNN, MSNBC, PBS, NPR, CBS, NBC, ABC, CBC, and all the rest who refuse to honestly present the conservative side. If you're going to make an honest, sincere effort to present all sides (like FoxNews does), you have to include the lying, cheating leftists.

Yes, fair and balanced.

B) 

pepperonikkid

Eric Bolling, Bill O’Reilly two fired based on undisclosed sources.  Bill O’Reilly did have a high rated show.

How many on the left has Fox News fired?

• Agree (+1) 1

MontyPython
1 hour ago, pepperonikkid said:

Eric Bolling, Bill O’Reilly two fired based on undisclosed sources.  Bill O’Reilly did have a high rated show.

You yourself explained why those aren't valid examples: "undisclosed". In other words we have no knowledge whatsoever whether or not they were legit, nor any way of gaining that knowledge.

Look, I get it - You don't like fair & balanced reporting. You want Fox to only present people you agree with.

Well not me. I want to hear all sides.

:shrug: 

BootsieBets
1 hour ago, pepperonikkid said:

They fired Bob Beckel, apparently over a racist remark he made to an employee.

I don’t know anything about this incident with Ed Henry, obviously, but he did get in trouble at Fox once before due to an affair he had with a “stripper/hostess” from Las Vegas.  He had to take a leave of absence and was pulled from his White House Correspondence position.  Hard to say if this is a “Me Too” type of situation or if something really was going on to warrant his firing.  Also, don’t forget that Charles Payne was able to weather an allegation of rape against him.   She claimed rape, he said it was a mutual affair and he was vindicated, at least as far as he was right that it was an affair.        

searcher

I had FOX news on a while ago. I don't pay much attention to names but whoever it was running the show had one of the AZ senators on talikng about the rise in covid cases here. He wouldn't let the senator finish an answer before interrupting with another question or just flat disagreeing with him. The senator was trying to explain the numbers and talking about mask/no mask choices and the interviewer came off sounding like a real pro mask nazi. Finally the senator had a chance to give (part of) a convincing statement an d .................."We're out of time but I'll  invite you back. I really wanted to hear his thoughts but no such luck.  Fair and balanced? not from where I was sitting. 

Mark 

• Agree (+1) 1

MontyPython
6 minutes ago, searcher said:

I had FOX news on a while ago. I don't pay much attention to names but whoever it was running the show had one of the AZ senators on talikng about the rise in covid cases here. He wouldn't let the senator finish an answer before interrupting with another question or just flat disagreeing with him. The senator was trying to explain the numbers and talking about mask/no mask choices and the interviewer came off sounding like a real pro mask nazi. Finally the senator had a chance to give (part of) a convincing statement an d .................."We're out of time but I'll  invite you back. I really wanted to hear his thoughts but no such luck.  Fair and balanced? not from where I was sitting. 

Mark 

Yes, I've never suggested there are "no" @$$holes working at Fox. Bill O'Reilly was probably the worst when it came to constantly interrupting his invited contributors. Of course he no longer works there, but Hannity does and he's almost as bad.

The fact remains that FoxNews at least tries to present all sides, and certainly does a better job of it than anybody else.

B) 

• Agree (+1) 1

searcher

Yeah, last night Hannity tried but it was tough for him to keep from interrupting that Seattle kid's dad. He told a heartbreaking story, and I just wanted to jump on a plane and go hug the guy. 

Mark

pepperonikkid
3 hours ago, MontyPython said:

You yourself explained why those aren't valid examples: "undisclosed". In other words we have no knowledge whatsoever whether or not they were legit, nor any way of gaining that knowledge.

Look, I get it - You don't like fair & balanced reporting. You want Fox to only present people you agree with.

Well not me. I want to hear all sides.

:shrug: 

I never said I didn’t like fair and balance. Fair and balance works both way. We were talking about how conservatives are fired from Fox far more than those on the left

• Agree (+1) 1