To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
Martin

White Women Pay Thousands For Anti-Racism Dinners

Rate this topic

Martin

White women are paying thousands of dollars to confront their racist beliefs over dinner

Race 2 Dinner has seen a significant jump in interest from white people who say they want to dismantle their own racist beliefs.

By Erica Chayes Wida

https://www.today.com/food/organization-aims-dismantle-racism-over-dinner-t185504?yptr=yahoo

Established in the beginning of 2019, Race 2 Dinner is an organization helmed by Regina Jackson and Saira Rao that orchestrates dinners for eight to 10 guests, all of whom are white women who want to uncover their own racist beliefs and experiences.  What began as an organic gathering confronting racism evolved quickly into a well-oiled business where their team was attending about two dinners a month in the Denver area as well as in cities around the country. At first, dinners were by word-of-mouth only, but now women around the world can sign up through a form on the duo's website. There, women may volunteer to be the host responsible for having the event at their home and providing dinner, or they can sign up as a guest.  Before attending a dinner or seminar, there is required reading (Robin DAngelo's wildly popular “White Fragility” has been on the list)

During each dinner (or Zoom conference call), Jackson and Rao create a space for participants to openly discuss long-held racist beliefs, opinions and experiences on the table with the ultimate goal of dismantling their complicity in a white patriarchal system.

Each dinner party initially cost $2,500 total, but that rate increased to $5,000 in February. The funds cover a two-hour dinner, which includes support from Race 2 Dinner's business developer, planning, travel for Jackson and Rao and, when applicable, a post-event consultation. The cost of food was not included in the original dinner party fee.

Dinner parties aren't the only resource Race 2 Dinner provides through its website. Clients can book one-hour consultations with either Jackson or Rao for $300 (or both for $600) in-person, by phone or video chat.  

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I have questions about this business.  First, they exclude men.  "While Jackson and Rao welcome any person who identifies as a woman to the dinner table, in-person dinners do not allow male diners to attend in order to provide what the duo consider to be a safer space for women."   "Safer"?  What?  The only man I ever heard of who would attempt rape at a formal dinner party was Jeffrey Epstein and he's dead.  "Safer" in this context must mean safe from having anyone question your sense of moral superiority or ask whether you can actually buy racial absolution for $250.  

Second, is there a drive-through version of Race 2 Dinner, where those of us with less than $250 to throw away and busy schedules can get our racial-absolution tickets punched for a lower price without leaving our cars?  Finally, if there is, then can I get my "you are a decent white person" certificate for a minimal fee with a side order of french fries?

• Best Post (+1) 3

erp
11 minutes ago, Martin said:

White women are paying thousands of dollars to confront their racist beliefs over dinner

Race 2 Dinner has seen a significant jump in interest from white people who say they want to dismantle their own racist beliefs.

By Erica Chayes Wida

https://www.today.com/food/organization-aims-dismantle-racism-over-dinner-t185504?yptr=yahoo

Established in the beginning of 2019, Race 2 Dinner is an organization helmed by Regina Jackson and Saira Rao that orchestrates dinners for eight to 10 guests, all of whom are white women who want to uncover their own racist beliefs and experiences.  What began as an organic gathering confronting racism evolved quickly into a well-oiled business where their team was attending about two dinners a month in the Denver area as well as in cities around the country. At first, dinners were by word-of-mouth only, but now women around the world can sign up through a form on the duo's website. There, women may volunteer to be the host responsible for having the event at their home and providing dinner, or they can sign up as a guest.  Before attending a dinner or seminar, there is required reading (Robin DAngelo's wildly popular “White Fragility” has been on the list)

During each dinner (or Zoom conference call), Jackson and Rao create a space for participants to openly discuss long-held racist beliefs, opinions and experiences on the table with the ultimate goal of dismantling their complicity in a white patriarchal system.

Each dinner party initially cost $2,500 total, but that rate increased to $5,000 in February. The funds cover a two-hour dinner, which includes support from Race 2 Dinner's business developer, planning, travel for Jackson and Rao and, when applicable, a post-event consultation. The cost of food was not included in the original dinner party fee.

Dinner parties aren't the only resource Race 2 Dinner provides through its website. Clients can book one-hour consultations with either Jackson or Rao for $300 (or both for $600) in-person, by phone or video chat.  

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I have questions about this business.  First, they exclude men.  "While Jackson and Rao welcome any person who identifies as a woman to the dinner table, in-person dinners do not allow male diners to attend in order to provide what the duo consider to be a safer space for women."   "Safer"?  What?  The only man I ever heard of who would attempt rape at a formal dinner party was Jeffrey Epstein and he's dead.  "Safer" in this context must mean safe from having anyone question your sense of moral superiority or ask whether you can actually buy racial absolution for $250.  

Second, is there a drive-through version of Race 2 Dinner, where those of us with less than $250 to throw away and busy schedules can get our racial-absolution tickets punched for a lower price without leaving our cars?  Finally, if there is, then can I get my "you are a decent white person" certificate for a minimal fee with a side order of french fries?

This story just made the podcast. ;)

• Agree (+1) 2

Ticked@TinselTown

They would never want me to show up...  

And I would never spend my money on something so absurd.

This is just a grassroots carbon offset program designed to separate a leftard from their money under the guise of bettering the world, one empty gesture at a time.

• Agree (+1) 4

MontyPython
15 minutes ago, Ticked@TinselTown said:

They would never want me to show up...  

And I would never spend my money on something so absurd.

This is just a grassroots carbon offset program designed to separate a leftard from their money under the guise of bettering the world, one empty gesture at a time.

Being a man, of course I realize I wouldn't be "allowed" in any case. But believe me, I understand why they wouldn't want you there, LOL - Because you'd do the very same thing I'd do if I was "allowed": Tell them right to their faces what idiotic horsesh*t this whole thing is, what contemptible racists (and sexists) they are, how stupid anybody must be to fall for their idiotic horsesh*t, etc etc etc.

:2up: 

• Agree (+1) 3

Martin
3 minutes ago, MontyPython said:

Being a man, of course I realize I wouldn't be "allowed" in any case. But believe me, I understand why they wouldn't want you there, LOL - Because you'd do the very same thing I'd do if I was "allowed": Tell them right to their faces what idiotic horsesh*t this whole thing is, what contemptible racists (and sexists) they are, how stupid anybody must be to fall for their idiotic horsesh*t, etc etc etc.

:2up: 

You could go if you identified yourself as a woman.  They allow that.  But, you would also have to identify as a sucker.  

• Haha (+1) 2

USNRETWIFE

A fool and his money is soon parted.  Evidentially to the tune of thousands. 

• Agree (+1) 1

WillieChuck
16 minutes ago, USNRETWIFE said:

A fool and her money are soon parted..........Gender equality and all.........

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 1

MontyPython
52 minutes ago, Martin said:

You could go if you identified yourself as a woman.  They allow that.  But, you would also have to identify as a sucker.  

Awww...But none of my ball gowns fit me anymore...

;)

• Haha (+1) 1

MontyPython
21 minutes ago, USNRETWIFE said:

Always borrow money from pessimists; They don't expect to ever get their money back!

;) 

• Haha (+1) 2

Bubbajoebob

Some people pay to be tied up, whipped, humiliated, dominated, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if there's some of that going on in some of the people who choose to participate.

• Agree (+1) 1

zurg
40 minutes ago, MontyPython said:

Awww...But none of my ball gowns fit me anymore...

;)

Those are called jock straps. 

• Haha (+1) 2

USNRETWIFE
42 minutes ago, WillieChuck said:

A fool and her money are soon parted..........Gender equality and all.........

Well, not to be sexist or anything, but after reading the article, it is probably more like a fool and her husband's money are soon parted....

zurg

And on another note. I bet these two ladies have suddenly realized that they can make tons of money if they can keep the racket going. They need poor race relations as a background condition. They’re learning what Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson and others have learned. Division pays. 

I wonder if they also realize that only in America could their racket work. The only country where there’s enough wealthy white women with guilt and no government to put a stop to it. The only one. 

• Agree (+1) 1

zurg

On yet another note. According to http://www.digitalhistory.uh.edu/disp_textbook.cfm?smtid=2&psid=3044, maybe 13 million African blacks were sold as slaves to the Americas (North, South, Central, Caribbean). Of those, (only) 6% or 750,000 ended up in the US. Yet we’re the only ones anyone talks about when it comes to slavery. We’re the only bad guys, supposedly. It’s hypocritical as hell. 

Martin

Isn't it obvious what Mesdames Rao and Jackson need to do with Race 2 Dinner?  Franchise it!  If you're black and you enjoy accusing white people of prejudice they are afraid they hold, all you need is a weekend of Training ($2,500) per weekend, to start your own Race 2 Dinner franchise.  Of course, you must contribute to the national advertising, pay your $100 a month franchise fee, and remit 20% of your clients' fees to Jackson and Rao.  But, this will give you the right to recruit other franchisees and collect a share of the profits they generate.  You may expect a steady and growing stream of income until the country either runs out of guilt-stricken rich white women or they wise up.  Until then, it's pure profit.  

Martin
31 minutes ago, USNRETWIFE said:

Well, not to be sexist or anything, but after reading the article, it is probably more like a fool and her husband's money are soon parted....

That's why the race hustlers exclude the husbands of their trainees.  It creates a safer space for the women if there isn't a man present to ask her, "Do you mean we paid $500 for this?"

• Haha (+1) 1

Howsithangin

This is an old story, actually.

Textbook example of the pitfalls of emotion over logic and reason

kestrel
21 minutes ago, Howsithangin said:

This is an old story, actually.

Textbook example of the pitfalls of emotion over logic and reason

Like I been telling y'all..BLM! (Black Live$ make Money) These people are just a subsidiary of RACE INC.. They gotta make hay whilst the sun shines cuz these Bored Idiotic enTitled Capricious  HoE'S   get bored fast so you got's to grift as fast as you can!...

Kestrel...

MontyPython
3 hours ago, zurg said:

Those are called jock straps. 

:woot: 

:lol: 

3 hours ago, zurg said:

On yet another note. According to http://www.digitalhistory.uh.edu/disp_textbook.cfm?smtid=2&psid=3044, maybe 13 million African blacks were sold as slaves to the Americas (North, South, Central, Caribbean). Of those, (only) 6% or 750,000 ended up in the US. Yet we’re the only ones anyone talks about when it comes to slavery. We’re the only bad guys, supposedly. It’s hypocritical as hell. 

And don't forget that there was no such thing as a "United States Of America" until the colonies won the Revolutionary War in 1783. Before that time all those slaves in North America were in colonies owned by England, France, Spain & the Netherlands. So how come nobody ever demands reparations from those countries?

:tap: 

• Agree (+1) 1

pepperonikkid

Limousine liberals

Martin
14 hours ago, MontyPython said:

:woot: 

:lol: 

And don't forget that there was no such thing as a "United States Of America" until the colonies won the Revolutionary War in 1783. Before that time all those slaves in North America were in colonies owned by England, France, Spain & the Netherlands. So how come nobody ever demands reparations from those countries?

:tap: 

Same reason no slavery reparations agitators demand reparations for the Arab slave trade, which continued until 1900 A.D.  

• Agree (+1) 1

MontyPython
5 hours ago, Martin said:

Same reason no slavery reparations agitators demand reparations for the Arab slave trade, which continued until 1900 A.D.  

Ayup.

:yes: 

Dean Adam Smithee
On 7/2/2020 at 1:50 PM, Martin said:

So, basically, these women are paying good money to feel good for a couple of hours.

I think I saw this in a Richard Gere movie once.