Jump to content
To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
MTP Reggie

University agrees that black students should be graded differently

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

grimreefer
1 hour ago, MontyPython said:

Yeah, just call him Hairy Palms . . . :whistle: . . . 

True story, when I was assigned to the USNS Saturn we had a Navy Commander in charge of the MilDet named Harry Palm. I **** you not.

 

  • Haha (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Italian Biker
On 7/10/2020 at 2:43 PM, That_Guy said:

In your mind, it's reasonable to question the capability of any and all black professionals in America because of one Change.Org petition posted by a student group from the University of Washington?

As usual, your post holds no truth to what Monty stated.  It's not even a twist of what he said.  It's an outright lie on your part.  He's not questioning the capability of anyone, let alone any current black professionals.  He's merely pointing out the fact that if people are just given a passing or better grades, and eventually, a degree that they in fact didn't truly earn, all under the guise of "compassion", then they would be unqualified for the positions to which they would be applying.  Do you think it's a good idea to pass a pre-med student who did not achieve the actual degree and then be forced to accept him or her to med school completely unprepared?  Or for those already in med school, who would then be pushed along with passing grades, then are just setup to fail when it comes to internships and and any state certification tests they may have to take, then what, they're unemployable in the field in which they just spent 8 to 10, maybe even more years of their lives when they weren't earning it.  

  • Best Post (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MontyPython
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Italian Biker said:

As usual, your post holds no truth to what Monty stated.  It's not even a twist of what he said.  It's an outright lie on your part.  He's not questioning the capability of anyone, let alone any current black professionals.  He's merely pointing out the fact that if people are just given a passing or better grades, and eventually, a degree that they in fact didn't truly earn, all under the guise of "compassion", then they would be unqualified for the positions to which they would be applying.  Do you think it's a good idea to pass a pre-med student who did not achieve the actual degree and then be forced to accept him or her to med school completely unprepared?  Or for those already in med school, who would then be pushed along with passing grades, then are just setup to fail when it comes to internships and and any state certification tests they may have to take, then what, they're unemployable in the field in which they just spent 8 to 10, maybe even more years of their lives when they weren't earning it.  

Oh he understands all right. He's just a shameless racist who hates the unvarnished truth and for whom facts are kryptonite.

:shrug: 

 

Edited by MontyPython

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
That_Guy
Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Italian Biker said:

He's merely pointing out the fact that if people are just given a passing or better grades, and eventually, a degree that they in fact didn't truly earn, all under the guise of "compassion", then they would be unqualified for the positions to which they would be applying.

Interesting take.  Let's look at what he actually wrote, shall we?

On 7/10/2020 at 12:51 PM, MontyPython said:

All this does is make sensible people avoid hiring blacks, going to black doctors or other professionals, etc, because we have no way of knowing whether they actually studied and learned their trade legitimately, or just got their "passing grade" due to their skin color.

He clearly referred to all black professionals, and questions whether any of us "studied and learned (our) trade legitimately."  

And being the cockwomble that he is, he then doubled-down:

On 7/10/2020 at 3:01 PM, MontyPython said:

If we know that some black professionals got their passing grades purely because of their skin color, and not because they actually earned it, it would be extraordinarily stupid to hire any black professional.

I wonder if the same standard applies when it comes to people who are helped by nepotism...

To paraphrase our buddy Monty: If we know that some professionals got their passing grades because a college, university, or professor had a particular appreciation for the student's family name, hometown, alma mater, or religious traditions, (and not because they were actually earned) would it then be "extraordinarily stupid" to hire any of those professionals?

If not, what would be the difference?

Edited by That_Guy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MontyPython
4 hours ago, That_Guy said:

Interesting take.  Let's look at what he actually wrote, shall we?

He clearly referred to all black professionals, and questions whether any of us "studied and learned (our) trade legitimately."  

And being the cockwomble that he is, he then doubled-down:

I wonder if the same standard applies when it comes to people who are helped by nepotism...

To paraphrase our buddy Monty: If we know that some professionals got their passing grades because a college, university, or professor had a particular appreciation for the student's family name, hometown, alma mater, or religious traditions, (and not because they were actually earned) would it then be "extraordinarily stupid" to hire any of those professionals?

If not, what would be the difference?

As always, you are pathologically incapable of honesty or objectivity. Since you shamelessly dodged it last time like the coward you are, I'll explain again - Please attempt to address it this time:

If there is a large bowl full of M&Ms and you know that at least ONE of them is poisoned, would you eat ANY of them? Of course you wouldn't, nobody would, except an extraordinarily stupid person. And so it is when you know at least SOME black professionals only passed their courses BECAUSE they'e black: only an extraordinarily stupid person would hire ANY black professional. Why? Because there would be no way to know WHICH black professionals actually earned their passing grades and which didn't.

And before you make an even bigger fool of yourself (if that's even possible), this isn't a slam against black people, it's a slam against this stupendously idiotic university plan. It would be exactly the same if they passed anybody who didn't actually earn it: Women, Mongolians, short people, twins, blondes, left-handed one-legged Korean basket-weavers, anybody. If the university was giving unearned passing grades to ANY specific "type" of person simply because they ARE that "type" of person, only an extraordinarily stupid person would hire ANY of that "type" of person, because there would be no way of knowing which had actually earned their grades and which hadn't.

As for nepotism, yes, I agree nepotism is bad too.

<_< 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zurg

Any pool of stuff (people, parts, materials, information, computer code, etc etc) that has a high defect rate is paid special attention to by Quality Departments and Human Resources in every company. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
That_Guy
On 7/12/2020 at 11:47 AM, MontyPython said:

If there is a large bowl full of M&Ms and you know that at least ONE of them is poisoned, would you eat ANY of them? Of course you wouldn't, nobody would, except an extraordinarily stupid person. And so it is when you know at least SOME black professionals only passed their courses BECAUSE they'e black: only an extraordinarily stupid person would hire ANY black professional. Why? Because there would be no way to know WHICH black professionals actually earned their passing grades and which didn't.

You lost me.  

I understand we're supposed to assume (among the things "you know") that there is a poison M&M in this hypothetical bowl; and I understand we're supposed to assume (among the things "you know") that at least some black professionals didn't "legitimately" earn our grades or learn the trades we use to earn a living.

But what's the bowl?  The US economy?  You're not making a lot of sense on this one, buddy.

On 7/12/2020 at 11:47 AM, MontyPython said:

this isn't a slam against black people, it's a slam against this stupendously idiotic university plan. It would be exactly the same if they passed anybody who didn't actually earn it

So you're only talking about people who might do business with any of the students who may have been given a break in this one class during this one semester or school year.

I get it now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MontyPython

ROFL. Big surprise. Oh well, you proved your pathological incapacity for honest, logical, objective thought many years ago.

:rolleyes: 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zurg

TG, here’s some honest advice: give up trying to debate here. You’re at the point where your arguments are the equivalent of a first time skater going against Michelle Kwan. You just can’t even keep up with what the point is. 

Maybe a better analogy here: you’re like Joe Biden. Maybe you’re getting dementia too? You’re incoherent, you can’t string together two concepts in a meaningful way, and you don’t remember anything. 

I think you should just give up RN and go on a permanent vacation. And no, I’m not “joking”. I’m also not going to repeat this message. One time advice - take it before your brain turns into mush. 

  • Agree (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JerryL
On 7/12/2020 at 7:09 PM, That_Guy said:

He clearly referred to all black professionals, and questions whether any of us "studied and learned (our) trade legitimately."  

 

 

9 hours ago, That_Guy said:

I understand we're supposed to assume (among the things "you know") that there is a poison M&M in this hypothetical bowl; and I understand we're supposed to assume (among the things "you know") that at least some black professionals didn't "legitimately" earn our grades or learn the trades we use to earn a living.

Lying Racist Troll is now a "profession" and one that one has to go to school to earn a degree for?  Learn something new every day.

Can you put that after your signature? 

That_Guy, LRT.

 

  • Agree (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
That_Guy
On 7/13/2020 at 1:51 PM, MontyPython said:

you proved your pathological incapacity for honest, logical, objective thought many years ago

Spoken like a true cockwomble.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
That_Guy
19 hours ago, JerryL said:

 

Lying Racist Troll is now a "profession" and one that one has to go to school to earn a degree for?  Learn something new every day.

Can you put that after your signature? 

That_Guy, LRT.

 

Still...

living-rent-free-5ad2d0.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Noclevermoniker
On 7/11/2020 at 1:19 AM, Howsithangin said:

fingertips, please.

don't give him that much credit

Tweezers_Guy. 

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Noclevermoniker
On 7/12/2020 at 6:09 AM, That_Guy said:

Interesting take.  Let's look at what he actually wrote, shall we?

He clearly referred to all black professionals, and questions whether any of us "studied and learned (our) trade legitimately."  

And being the cockwomble that he is, he then doubled-down:

I wonder if the same standard applies when it comes to people who are helped by nepotism...

To paraphrase our buddy Monty: If we know that some professionals got their passing grades because a college, university, or professor had a particular appreciation for the student's family name, hometown, alma mater, or religious traditions, (and not because they were actually earned) would it then be "extraordinarily stupid" to hire any of those professionals?

If not, what would be the difference?

It’s clear you earned A_Hole with flying colors. Probably a feathered boa, too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MontyPython
3 hours ago, That_Guy said:

Spoken like a true cockwomble.

 

ROFLMAO

Exactly the sort of kindergarten-level idiocy I've learned to expect from you.

Oh well, maybe someday you'll grow a pair of testicles.

:lol: 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JerryL
21 hours ago, MontyPython said:

ROFLMAO

Exactly the sort of kindergarten-level idiocy I've learned to expect from you.

Oh well, maybe someday you'll grow a pair of testicles.

:lol: 

 

He just likes to type and say "censored..." over and over.

Either he really, really likes them or he is like a pre-teen looking up swear words in the dictionary and giggling like a moron.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MontyPython
5 hours ago, JerryL said:

He just likes to type and say "censored..." over and over.

Either he really, really likes them or he is like a pre-teen looking up swear words in the dictionary and giggling like a moron.

Yup. He's just immature, regardless what actual age he might be. That's why he picks the wrong side of virtually every issue.

Oh well, some people never grow up. I think it's called "arrested development".

<_< 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...