To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
pepperonikkid

Ann Coulter Calls Mitch McConnell ‘Broken-Down Old Man,’ Calls For His Defeat In November

Rate this topic

Magic Rat
1 hour ago, 4LetterState said:

For all the women on this site, those who have entered menopause, those who are peri-menopausal, and those who will someday go through the change: welcome to the misogyny thread. Oh, and if you don’t meet some impossible standard of beauty, enjoy that extra hateful nugget,

For you men who must all be super studly gods who will never experience balding, loss of testosterone, or have to deal will impotence... well maybe those of you who fit one or all of those categories are the lame asses who feel a need to comment on a woman’s looks and menarche. 

I would not have commented on McGrath's looks if she wasn't so damn ugly.   But I did forget to mention that I always thought that Coulter had a horsy manface too.  Does that make you feel better?

• Haha (+1) 1

BootsieBets

Up until now I had refrained from replying to the misogynist posts on this thread, but really guys.  It doesn’t make your argument any better to go after a woman’s looks. (Or a man’s looks, for that matter.)  Barring someone doing something deliberate to make themselves look odd, if making fun of someone’s physical appearance is the only thing you can think of, you haven’t got much of a case.  I know, I know, it was something my mother taught me many years ago, but I still abide by it today.

And Mitt Romney is also rabid never-Trumper, but I don't think that has anything to do with his going through menopause, now does it? 

• Disagree (-1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 2

Tikk
8 minutes ago, BootsieBets said:

<snip>

And Mitt Romney is also rabid never-Trumper, but I don't think that has anything to do with his going through menopause, now does it? 

I wouldn't completely discount that though.

55fb6443e5700.image.jpg

amy-mcgrath-01-gty-jt-200618_hpEmbed_3x2

Sorry, that's hobbit hair.  And is that an Adam's Apple?

• Haha (+1) 1

Magic Rat
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, BootsieBets said:

Up until now I had refrained from replying to the misogynist posts on this thread, but really guys.  It doesn’t make your argument any better to go after a woman’s looks. (Or a man’s looks, for that matter.)  Barring someone doing something deliberate to make themselves look odd, if making fun of someone’s physical appearance is the only thing you can think of, you haven’t got much of a case.  I know, I know, it was something my mother taught me many years ago, but I still abide by it today.

If it includes going after a man's looks then the comments are not misogynist.  Jokes are jokes.  If you are humorless, then it is pretty easy to ignore them and then you won't have your feelings hurt.

Romney is not going through menopause, he is just a typical, scumbag,  egomaniacal politician who likes that this is giving him ink.  He is handsome though.

Edited by Magic Rat
  • Agree (+1) 1

BootsieBets
51 minutes ago, Magic Rat said:

If it includes going after a man's looks then the comments are not misogynist.  Jokes are jokes.  If you are humorless, then it is pretty easy to ignore them and then you won't have your feelings hurt.

Romney is not going through menopause, he is just a typical, scumbag,  egomaniacal politician who likes that this is giving him ink.  He is handsome though.

Yea, I know what misogyny is.  I included men’s looks, in parenthesis, to point out that going after someone’s appearance is pretty lame.  And, yes, I have a sense of humor.  I have displayed it on this site often.  You also didn’t hurt my feelings, I just think that some of the “jokes” about McGrath and Coulter were junior high school level and didn’t do much for anybody’s argument that Ann Coulter has lost whatever credibility she ever had as any kind of a  conservatives.  If you want to argue that Coulter has lost it, find a convincing reason for it, not that she is going through menopause.  I went through it a few years ago and guess what, I am still a die hard conservative - didn’t make me hate Trump, no siree.  And as far as Ann McGrath, go after her positions, not the way she looks, unless you can stand the scrutiny of being compared to, oh, I don’t know, Tom Selleck in his Magnum, P.I. days.  You see, people should be able to have opinions no matter what they look like, if they can back those opinions up with reason and logic.  And that goes for either side of the aisle. 

Oh, by the way, Romney is good looking and it stills gripes me that he is a RINO jerk and I voted for him because he was the only game in town in 2012.  His looks didn't have anything to do with my voting for him, though.

Magic Rat
Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, BootsieBets said:

Yea, I know what misogyny is.  I included men’s looks, in parenthesis, to point out that going after someone’s appearance is pretty lame.  And, yes, I have a sense of humor.  I have displayed it on this site often.  You also didn’t hurt my feelings, I just think that some of the “jokes” about McGrath and Coulter were junior high school level and didn’t do much for anybody’s argument that Ann Coulter has lost whatever credibility she ever had as any kind of a  conservatives.  If you want to argue that Coulter has lost it, find a convincing reason for it, not that she is going through menopause.  I went through it a few years ago and guess what, I am still a die hard conservative - didn’t make me hate Trump, no siree.  And as far as Ann McGrath, go after her positions, not the way she looks, unless you can stand the scrutiny of being compared to, oh, I don’t know, Tom Selleck in his Magnum, P.I. days.  You see, people should be able to have opinions no matter what they look like, if they can back those opinions up with reason and logic.  And that goes for either side of the aisle. 

Oh, by the way, Romney is good looking and it stills gripes me that he is a RINO jerk and I voted for him because he was the only game in town in 2012.  His looks didn't have anything to do with my voting for him, though.

Of course it is junior high school level humor.  Men usually get it and women don't.  I have never liked Coulter and I have always found her to be a nasty, unattractive harpy.  So I don't at all think she's "lost it".  She never had "it".  The MAGApause joke was funny.  You don't like it, don't laugh.  Problem solved.

I am perfectly willing to be compared to anyone you want to compare me to.  Unless I want to sleep with you, whether you or anyone else finds me attractive is none of my business.

People HAVE opinions no matter what they look like and I am not stopping them when I make cracks about how ugly he or she is.  McGrath has not been denied her opinions because she is as ugly as bucket of dicks.  She is still running against McConnell who famously looks like a a drooling Touche Turtle.  It is actually up in the air on who is less attractive.  I'll give manface the edge because the turtle has that voice.

Sometimes in this world, you are going to have to encounter less tasteful jokes.  Either learn to live with it or be miserable.  Up to you.

Edited by Magic Rat
  • Agree (+1) 2

4LetterState

Yes, of course women are humorless if they call men out on their misogynist BS. That’s kind of is part and parcel with misogyny. We expect nothing less. Thanks for living down to the expectations. I don’t have hurt feelings. That’s just another easy dismissal of a valid criticism of this thread. You can be junior high meatheads if you like, but it doesn’t advance any useful discourse. 

• Disagree (-1) 1

Magic Rat
4 minutes ago, 4LetterState said:

Yes, of course women are humorless if they call men out on their misogynist BS. That’s kind of is part and parcel with misogyny. We expect nothing less. Thanks for living down to the expectations. I don’t have hurt feelings. That’s just another easy dismissal of a valid criticism of this thread. You can be junior high meatheads if you like, but it doesn’t advance any useful discourse. 

I didn't say women are humorless.  I say YOU are humorless.  So far, you haven't addressed the subject of this thread anyway.   It doesn't matter, I decided long ago that you are not worth trying to engage in "useful discourse", so neither of us are missing anything. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 1

JerryL
12 hours ago, Howsithangin said:

I used to like her.  But she went off the deep end several years ago for reasons that escape me. Now she's a non-entity to everyone.  I believe the expression is: don't bite the hand that feeds ya

I always like her.  She hasn't been much in the spotlight lately and she was never anyone I would seek out, so haven't seen much of her in recent times.

Mitch McConnell is every bit as much of an establishment piece of &lt;censored&gt; puke as Schumer and Joey Plugs.  He is 78 years old and has been working in politics since I was 6.  I am 57 now, so that makes 51 years!!  He has held elected office for 43 years, including the past 35 years in the US Senate.  He has, with the exception of a couple of years in a law office, done NOTHING BUT politics his entire adult life.  The Senate, under his "leadership" has been ineffective and totally gutless, even when in the majority.  The only reason they are even slightly different now is because Trump is not a "Republican President" and he gets &lt;censored&gt; done so they have had to at least pretend to want to change things.  He is a worth $22.4M, a net worth accumulated as a "public servant."  That is like socking away nearly half a mill every year...on a public servant salary.

The reality is that the only way to get these entrenched &lt;censored&gt;heels out of elected office is for their opponent to win and then try to take the seat back with new blood.  It is nearly impossible to "primary out" a McConnell.  At some point, this is what will have to be done.

• Agree (+1) 1

Rock N' Roll Right Winger
8 hours ago, 4LetterState said:

For all the women on this site, those who have entered menopause, those who are peri-menopausal, and those who will someday go through the change: welcome to the misogyny thread. Oh, and if you don’t meet some impossible standard of beauty, enjoy that extra hateful nugget,

For you men who must all be super studly gods who will never experience balding, loss of testosterone, or have to deal will impotence... well maybe those of you who fit one or all of those categories are the lame asses who feel a need to comment on a woman’s looks and menarche. 

She is fugly. Get bent.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Disagree (-1) 1

Rock N' Roll Right Winger
6 hours ago, BootsieBets said:

She is fugly in more ways than one. The truth hurts.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Disagree (-1) 1

kestrel
19 minutes ago, JerryL said:

I always like her.  She hasn't been much in the spotlight lately and she was never anyone I would seek out, so haven't seen much of her in recent times.

Mitch McConnell is every bit as much of an establishment piece of &lt;censored&gt; puke as Schumer and Joey Plugs.  He is 78 years old and has been working in politics since I was 6.  I am 57 now, so that makes 51 years!!  He has held elected office for 43 years, including the past 35 years in the US Senate.  He has, with the exception of a couple of years in a law office, done NOTHING BUT politics his entire adult life.  The Senate, under his "leadership" has been ineffective and totally gutless, even when in the majority.  The only reason they are even slightly different now is because Trump is not a "Republican President" and he gets &lt;censored&gt; done so they have had to at least pretend to want to change things.  He is a worth $22.4M, a net worth accumulated as a "public servant."  That is like socking away nearly half a mill every year...on a public servant salary.

The reality is that the only way to get these entrenched &lt;censored&gt;heels out of elected office is for their opponent to win and then try to take the seat back with new blood.  It is nearly impossible to "primary out" a McConnell.  At some point, this is what will have to be done.

Maybe God will primary him out?

Kestrel...

JerryL
2 minutes ago, kestrel said:

Maybe God will primary him out?

Kestrel...

He does have that power!!  But, I don't wish death on him.  Go home, Mitch, and enjoy your ill gotten gains.  Just retire!!

• Agree (+1) 1

MontyPython
8 hours ago, Magic Rat said:

. . .  Touche Turtle. . . 

Wow, Touche Turtle! Haven't thought about Touche Turtle (& Dum Dum) for decades. Thanks for the memories!

As for the sophomoric "ugly" jokes and those who find them offensive - Yup, they're sophomoric, and yup, most men don't really care who's offended. In the past I've lectured RN posters for such stuff, this time I participated. Oh well. Nobody's perfect. (Hey wait, I'm nobody...Does that mean I'm perfect?) 

:shrug: 

• Haha (+1) 1