Wayfair Faces Child Trafficking Accusations

Rate this topic

pepperonikkid

Wayfair Faces Child Trafficking Accusations

https://absolutenews.com/

UnitedVoice News

July 14, 2020

Article:

Over the weekend, a conspiracy theory blew up on social media. Users accused the home furnishing company Wayfair of child trafficking. People found several irregularities on the company’s website. But Wayfair vehemently denies the accusations. Let’s take a closer look.

What Are the Allegations?

The allegations against Wayfair first appeared on Thursday on the “conspiracy” section of Reddit. The original post that drew so much attention over the weekend was from a user who noticed some strange things on Wayfair’s website.

The first thing social media users pointed out was that the furniture store was selling utility closets from WFX that seemed way overpriced. One possible explanation was that Wayfair was child trafficking.

As the accusations spread over social media, users began combing through the Wayfair website, looking for other oddities. They found several different products with exorbitant prices. For example, one set of pillows and shower curtains were listed for $9,999.

And that wasn’t all they found.

Another very strange thing on Wayfair’s website was detected in the stock keeping unit numbers (SKU) associated with the overpriced products. Users noticed that the SKUs of the items were all preceded by the term “src usa.” When they typed the phrase with the SKUs into the Russian search engine Yandex, it pulled up pictures of little girls in swimsuits.

Users also noticed all of the Wayfair products carried names, which could possibly correspond to missing children. For example, one cabinet was called the “Anabel 5-shelf Storage Unit.” People associated that name with Anabel Wilson, a child who went missing from Kansas.

All of these things are weird. But does it add up to child trafficking? Some people certainly think so. Yet Wayfair has denounced the whole story as false.

Full Story

oki

In life there are plenty of things that don't always add up.  And, yes you can 'connect' just about anything to something.   SRC USA could very well mean nothing more than source USA,  anything coming from the U.S. could pop up, including children's swim wear.  Impossible that there could be nefarious activity?  No, not impossible but incredibly unlikely.

USNRETWIFE

So when credible accusations are made, they should be thoroughly investigated.

Yes, when credible accusations are made, they should be investigated.  But is this credible?  I don't know, I don't know enough about this company, how pricing is done or sku numbers.  I do know I am so tired of the "Some people said" crap that flies around, the bad habit of ruining people or businesses through armature sleuths, rumor and innuendo.  If there is anything to this, let authorities investigate, not the online rumor mob.  Full disclosure- I have never purchased anything from this company, know nothing beyond seeing ads pop up and have never even followed an ad to look at their wares.

• Agree (+1) 3

Dean Adam Smithee
14 minutes ago, USNRETWIFE said:

Yes, when credible accusations are made, they should be investigated.  But is this credible?  I don't know, I don't know enough about this company, how pricing is done or sku numbers.  I do know I am so tired of the "Some people said" crap that flies around, the bad habit of ruining people or businesses through armature sleuths, rumor and innuendo.  If there is anything to this, let authorities investigate, not the online rumor mob.  Full disclosure- I have never purchased anything from this company, know nothing beyond seeing ads pop up and have never even followed an ad to look at their wares.

I agree entirely.

2 hours ago, pepperonikkid said:

...Another very strange thing on Wayfair’s website was detected in the stock keeping unit numbers (SKU) associated with the overpriced products. Users noticed that the SKUs of the items were all preceded by the term “src usa.” When they typed the phrase with the SKUs into the Russian search engine Yandex, it pulled up pictures of little girls in swimsuits...

So I go to Yandex (Yandex.ru) and type in "src usa" and about the 3rd or 4th item down is a Russian model agency called SRC Models management and a link to their instagram post with various photos of female models. I wouldn't say "little girls" but more like young women, probably late teen or early 20s.  I go to the agency's website and discover that the models all have a 4-digit "ID".

This is model ID 2002, whose ID # is also cleverly hidden in the numbers beneath the barcode on a box of Kraft Deluxe 4-Cheese Macaroni and Cheese.

I'm pretty sure that Kraft foods need to be part of this whole investigation. LOL.

6-1-300x300.jpg

It gets even worse: Kraft Macaroni and Cheese is mentioned in a song by a group calling themselves, ahem, "barenaked ladies" (Imagine my disappointment when I found out it was merely a name and not a description.)

Proof positive that THEY need to be investigated as well.