To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
kestrel

US closes 5 military bases in Afghanistan as part of Taliban peace deal

Rate this topic

kestrel

Well done President Trump..now get the rest of our guys out of those tribal shooting galleries and ignore WAR INC No matter whats done there is NOTHING that will turn these places into a civilized country..these tribal groups have been killing each other for hundreds, if not thousands of years..The violence will only stop (temporarily) when one side kills off all their enemies till that side breaks into sub-tribal groups wash and repeat...As far as I'm concerned there is nothing in Afghanistan that is worth my Grandsons dying over.

Kestrel...

foxnews.com

US closes 5 military bases in Afghanistan as part of Taliban peace deal

Vandana Rambaran

The U.S. closed five military bases in Afghanistan as part of an agreement signed with the Taliban more than four months ago, a U.S. official confirmed to Fox News.

The deal promised to withdraw all U.S. forces from the bases in the first 135 days, a milestone met on Tuesday, President Trump’s special representative to the talks, Zalmay Khalilzad, said.

"The U.S. has worked hard to carry out the 1st phase of its commitments under the Agreement, including to reduce forces & depart five bases. NATO troops have come down in proportional numbers," Khalilzad said on Twitter.

Link:https://www.foxnews.com/world/us-military-closes-5-bases-afghanistan-taliban-deal-special-rep

Diamond369

Well, he did say that the Iraq War was a mistake....in my opinion, a mistake of huge proportions.

• Agree (+1) 1

Severian

Get the hell out, give the troops a rest from constant deployments, and build back up capability, men and machines, to get ready for the crap show that's about to happen with China. Deal with real enemies, not a bunch of backwards barbarians.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 1

Junto

If we pull out completely, does that mean the CIA loses their heroin trafficking abilities?

Dean Adam Smithee
On 7/25/2020 at 7:51 AM, Diamond369 said:

Well, he did say that the Iraq War was a mistake....in my opinion, a mistake of huge proportions.

Just my nickle's worth:

Iraq War II was unneccessary.... but for the fact the GHWB MADE it necessary by not doing it right in '91='92.