To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
Ladybird

37-year-old Port Clinton war vet dies from COVID-19 complications on Fourth of July

Rate this topic

Ladybird

37-year-old Port Clinton war vet dies from COVID-19 complications on Fourth of July

Richard Rose in April posted on Facebook that he would not wear a mask. He passed away due to COVID-19 three months later.

By Kelly Kennedy | July 10, 2020 at 11:15 PM EDT - Updated July 13 at 2:23 PM

PORT CLINTON, Ohio (WOIO) - Richard Rose was only 37 years old when he died at his home from complications due to COVID-19. He was born and raised in Port Clinton.

Those who knew Rose described him as kind, funny, and caring.

His family said he was very active in helping homeless vets and in preventing veteran suicide.

The Port Clinton man served in the U.S. Army for nine years and did two tours in Iraq and Afghanistan. He died at his home from complications related to COVID-19 on the Fourth of July.

“We were blown away, you know? You hear about this virus and you don’t expect it to affect people, younger people like ourselves,” said Nick Conley, who was Rose’s friend.

Conley met Rose through a shared love of video games. He is crushed that he lost his friend to this virus, but he’s also hurt by something Rose posted on Facebook back in April.

That post has now been shared more than 10,000 times. It reads, “Let’s make this clear. I’m not buying a mask. I’ve made it this far by not buying into that damn hype.”

<snip>

Link

• Disagree (-1) 4
  • Agree (+1) 1

linewinder

My condolences to the family of a Brother in Arms.

I Have copd fairly bad and am out frequently, without a mask. First it is a restriction on
breathing and second I do not see it protecting me. I pay attention to the people around me in bussinesses
I visit. I sanitize and wash my hands all the time. I do take precautions. If I get it I will fight it.
I will not live in fear of this. fear is a slow way to die.
As Caesar said, " cowards die many deaths"

We have had 1 close familial rona case, he was working oil field and the company man had it.
The other 2 family members had 3 negative tests  after they came in contact.

That relatives (in-law)Maternal uncle in California, who he had not seen in 30 years did die.

• Agree (+1) 3

Novaprime
27 minutes ago, gravelrash said:

A couple of things.  Richard Rose served in Iraq and Afghanistan.  There is no mention of any wounds or injuries that he might have sustained.  Most people who die from Wuhan flu do so because it complicates pre-existing conditions.  Especially any pulmonary ones such as asthma or lung damage from inhaling diesel fuel after being hit by an IED.

Second, he came to his conclusion and made his decision.  He passed away a free man.  Isn't that what the left is always saying?  "My body, my choice"?

Complete strangers piling on a corpse with "I told you so"?  Is that the lesson here?  This isn't a cautionary tale.  It's another morality fail. 

I know a few quite people who think as he did. Of course the story leaves out any preexisting condition or the like, one reason it's probably a HIPAA violation for that information to be released, I know friends may be able to say things but then it's only hearsay.

I know that if I didn't work where I do, I wouldn't have bought one myself, but since I work on a government installation I don't get much choice in the matter. My issue with the mask is more psychological than physical, some little thing called claustrophobia, but it's still a pain to deal with. Discovered I had it when I was in the Army and had to where a gas mask, not pleasant. Luckily I was a tanker and our masks hooked up to an internal particulate system, which is probably why I don't mind my CPAP, as long as there is airflow I have no issues. As soon as that goes away, I have major issues.

• Like (+1) 1

kestrel
39 minutes ago, gravelrash said:

A couple of things.  Richard Rose served in Iraq and Afghanistan.  There is no mention of any wounds or injuries that he might have sustained.  Most people who die from Wuhan flu do so because it complicates pre-existing conditions.  Especially any pulmonary ones such as asthma or lung damage from inhaling diesel fuel after being hit by an IED.

Second, he came to his conclusion and made his decision.  He passed away a free man.  Isn't that what the left is always saying?  "My body, my choice"?

Complete strangers piling on a corpse with "I told you so"?  Is that the lesson here?  This isn't a cautionary tale.  It's another morality fail. 

Or is the lesson "You got what you deserved Obey or die"?

Kestrel...

• Agree (+1) 3

ThePatriot

Funny how fear mongers only post anecdotal cases and ignore the big picture and the science.

Apparently we are to ignore the actual number of people who have died as a direct result of the virus, which last I checked, was around 42k - to put that in perspective, a bad flu season is 80k deaths.

We're also apparently supposed to ignore that the death rate continues to decline, that the virus is NOT novel which means there was already some immunity among the populace, and that masks do NOTHING to prevent the spread of the virus nor stop anyone from catching it.

We're also apparently supposed to ignore all the false reporting and magical "re-classification" of deaths as "covid related" when NO tests were even conducted to warrant any such reclassification.

Well, morons who want to believe this virus is any more harmful than the flu are willfully clueless, and if they expect other people to follow their stupidity, they can go pound sand!

• Best Post (+1) 1

gregvega

How many died and wore mask;s?

• Agree (+1) 2

Rock N' Roll Right Winger
1 hour ago, gravelrash said:

Then again, we cannot trust that those who claimed that he had covid19 are even telling the truth?

They lie like dogs anymore these days.

• Disagree (-1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 2

kestrel
1 minute ago, Rock N' Roll Right Winger said:

Then again, we cannot trust that those who claimed that he had covid19 are even telling the truth?

They lie like dogs anymore these days.

Hey!...I've never seen a dog lie:):):)

Kestrel...

• Haha (+1) 1

Rock N' Roll Right Winger
43 minutes ago, ThePatriot said:

Funny how fear mongers only post anecdotal cases and ignore the big picture and the science.

Apparently we are to ignore the actual number of people who have died as a direct result of the virus, which last I checked, was around 42k - to put that in perspective, a bad flu season is 80k deaths.

We're also apparently supposed to ignore that the death rate continues to decline, that the virus is NOT novel which means there was already some immunity among the populace, and that masks do NOTHING to prevent the spread of the virus nor stop anyone from catching it.

We're also apparently supposed to ignore all the false reporting and magical "re-classification" of deaths as "covid related" when NO tests were even conducted to warrant any such reclassification.

Well, morons who want to believe this virus is any more harmful than the flu are willfully clueless, and if they expect other people to follow their stupidity, they can go pound sand!

:yeahthat:  :exactly:

• Disagree (-1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 1

Coach

There is still conflicting info all over the place on masks. The fact that he made a personal decision not to wear one and said as much is meaningless. There are an unlimited number of ways he could have contracted the virus not to mention his underlying conditions.

My son in Virginia who who weighs 300 pounds , borderline diabetic with hypertension got the virus, was hospitalized for 4 days and recovered. The fact he never wore a mask has NO bearing on his case any more than the guy in Port Clinton.

PaleoPatriot

He went a free man, that's all anyone can ask for.  I'm 68, I will not wear a mask and I don't think twice about social distancing or shaking someone's hand.  The death count is way over counted.  A medical coder said it is very common for doctors notes to say a patient died from covid, higher insurance payoff, and there is no evidence or billing code for the test.  The crap coming out of Texas is just that, crap.  I heard on the news today that the hospital morgues were full, OK, but what I didn't hear were how many of these were illegal aliens with no one to claim the body?  Maybe someone could give that number since Texas has a very high number of illegal workers in the state.  A person in the morgue would normally have a family member show up to claim the body.  This is the hoax that just won't die, no pun intended. 

• Agree (+1) 1

Howsithangin
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, kestrel said:

Or is the lesson "You got what you deserved Obey or die"?

Kestrel...

That's the Modern Left for ya.  Indeed, I suspect some of that spirit was in the intention to post this story

Edited by Howsithangin
  • Agree (+1) 1

Howsithangin

This story is a few days old.  He had some comorbidity issues, which made him more susceptible.