To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
Capn'D

Donald Trump Poses With Goya Products One Day After Ivanka Tweets Support

Rate this topic

Capn'D

Huffpost

Both pics may violate federal regulations that forbid government employees to use their positions, titles or authority to endorse products.

By David Moye

07/15/2020 06:42 PM ET

President Donald Trump may be setting himself for a new gig after he leaves office ― as a spokesman for Goya Foods.

The president posted a pic on Instagram Wednesday that showed him at his desk with a variety of Goya products, including cookies, coconut milk and adobo.

Trump’s promo pic came a day after his daughter Ivanka Trump posted a Twitter selfie with a can of black beans, posing as if she were a spokesmodel on “The Price Is Right.”

Both Trump photos came in reaction to a boycott against Goya that began after CEO Robert Unanue said that the country is “truly blessed” to be under Trump’s leadership.

But the pics may violate the Code of Federal Regulations, which states that employees “shall not use or permit the use of his Government position or title or any authority associated with his public office to endorse any product.”

HuffPost reached out to the White House about the possible violation, but it didn’t immediately respond.

• Disagree (-1) 5

Martin

Two days ago I delivered $40 worth of Goya products to the church food drive and mailed the receipt to the president of Goya Foods.  If a boycott of Goya products is a legitimate political tactic, then a "buycott" must be also.  

• Agree (+1) 3

ThePatriot

So Trump can never be photographed with a can of Coke or any other product?

Yeah, this is big nothing burger which is why the article says the pics MAY violate federal regulations rather than DOES violate them.

Stupid leftists.

• Agree (+1) 2

MontyPython
Posted (edited)

Considering all the illegal, unethical, blatantly dishonest, anti-American crap the Democrats have been doing, ESPECIALLY ever since Donald Trump announced his candidacy for president, I just can't get myself all worked up about the possibility this might be a "no-no".

Big F'ing deal.

:rolleyes: 

Edited by MontyPython
  • Agree (+1) 2

Ladybird

When I saw his grinning mug, it brought to mind Ted Baxter hawking Farmer Ted's sausages' between the news on Mary Tyler Moore.

• Disagree (-1) 4

oki

Gee, so I guess every president for the last 50 years has been endorsing Boeing, Sikorsky, Lockhead, McDonnal Douglas, General Motors, Colt Firearms, H&K, I could go on.

Hell, Teddy Roosevelt was well known to love Winchester Rifles and EVEN AS PRESIDENT SANG THEIR PRAISES.

https://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2016/6/2/theodore-roosevelt-s-winchester-rifles/

In perhaps the best presidential endorsement of any product ever, Roosevelt wrote in Scribners Magazine: “The Winchester .405 is, at least for me personally, the medicine gun for lions.” He created a sensation for the gun that lasts to this day. The .405 was discontinued in 1932. However, rifles chambered in “Teddy’s” caliber continue to bring a high premium over examples that are chambered in a round still readily available. In 2000, Winchester announced the re-introduction of the Browning 1895 in .405 caliber, demonstrating that the spirit of “Big Medicine” is still alive and well.

Yeah, this is nothing. 

• Agree (+1) 2

Severian
35 minutes ago, MontyPython said:

Considering all the illegal, unethical, blatantly dishonest, anti-American crap the Democrats have been doing, ESPECIALLY ever since Donald Trump announced his candidacy for president, I just can't get myself all worked up about the possibility this might be a "no-no".

Big F'ing deal.

:rolleyes: 

• Agree (+1) 2

Martin
44 minutes ago, Ladybird said:

When I saw his grinning mug, it brought to mind Ted Baxter hawking Farmer Ted's sausages' between the news on Mary Tyler Moore.

Bill Clinton cigar.jpg

Obama cigar.jpg

• Agree (+1) 4

RedSoloCup
1 hour ago, Capn'D said:

Huffpost

Both pics may violate federal regulations that forbid government employees to use their positions, titles or authority to endorse products.

By David Moye

President Donald Trump may be setting himself for a new gig after he leaves office ― as a spokesman for Goya Foods.

The president posted a pic on Instagram Wednesday that showed him at his desk with a variety of Goya products, including cookies, coconut milk and adobo.

Trump’s promo pic came a day after his daughter Ivanka Trump posted a Twitter selfie with a can of black beans, posing as if she were a spokesmodel on “The Price Is Right.”

Both Trump photos came in reaction to a boycott against Goya that began after CEO Robert Unanue said that the country is “truly blessed” to be under Trump’s leadership.

But the pics may violate the Code of Federal Regulations, which states that employees “shall not use or permit the use of his Government position or title or any authority associated with his public office to endorse any product.”

HuffPost reached out to the White House about the possible violation, but it didn’t immediately respond.

:yawn:

Huffington Compost....

• Agree (+1) 1

Ma Deuce

This is so lame. 

Trump's opponents are literally grasping at straws to find anything they hope will be be the ultimate 'aha! Gotcha!'

As others have posted, which president, regardless of their political party, hasn't in some way endorsed a name brand product?

One doesn't stop buying what they like just because someone they dislike buys the same. 

Well, normal rational people don't do that.

• Agree (+1) 2

Dean Adam Smithee
1 hour ago, Capn'D said:

5 CFR § 2635.102 - Definitions.

(h) Employee means any officer or employee of an agency, including a special Government employee. It includes officers but not enlisted members of the uniformed services. It includes employees of a State or local government or other organization who are serving on detail to an agency, pursuant to 5 U.S.C. 3371, et seq. For purposes other than subparts B and C of this part, it does not include the President or Vice President.

• Agree (+1) 2

SARGE
2 hours ago, Capn'D said:

Troll turds.

Ignore the troll.

• Disagree (-1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 4

Dean Adam Smithee
24 minutes ago, Hieronymous said:

Don't bag on Ted.  When he and Georgette wanted to adopt a child Ted had all the electrical outlets moved from near the floor to near the ceiling.  His heart was in the right place.

And RIP Ted Knight who played the character masterfully.

RIP Ted Knight (1986), US Army, A Company, 296th Combat Engineer Battalion, WWII. Allegedly 5 bronze stars, but I suspect the article I got that from was likely confusing "Service stars" (Which could be bronze or silver) with the actual "Bronze Star" medal.

But either way, a bona-fide hero and one of the greatest generation. Not at all the buffoon that he played on MTM or Caddyshack.

• Agree (+1) 2

mjperry51
31 minutes ago, Dean Adam Smithee said:

And RIP Ted Knight who played the character masterfully.

RIP Ted Knight (1986), US Army, A Company, 296th Combat Engineer Battalion, WWII. Allegedly 5 bronze stars, but I suspect the article I got that from was likely confusing "Service stars" (Which could be bronze or silver) with the actual "Bronze Star" medal.

But either way, a bona-fide hero and one of the greatest generation. Not at all the buffoon that he played on MTM or Caddyshack.

The world needs ditch diggers too...

• Haha (+1) 2

Taggart Transcontinental
5 hours ago, Capn'D said:

Huffpost

By David Moye

MUST BE IMPEACHABLE!!!!

large.1151203655_ScreenShot2020-05-19at11_14_40AM.png.c762e240706adabc7ce30dcb50280348.png

• Haha (+1) 2

Taggart Transcontinental
3 hours ago, RedSoloCup said:

:yawn:

Huffington Compost....

But that's a valid reference for news.... Unlike those conservative rags!

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 1

zurg
4 hours ago, Ladybird said:

Bless your whataboutism! 

• Agree (+1) 2

Howsithangin

Huff 'n' Puff is still around?

Certainly hitting the high bar, Captain Crunch

Nothing burger

• Agree (+1) 2

Howsithangin
5 hours ago, Ladybird said:

the hate runs deep

Given that unlike most, you're actually exposed to the facts that we post here at RN, one of which is the economic success that Trump had brought to the black community before COVID,.  One might have thought that it would have tempered your hate. But alas, I realized that lefties are emotionally-driven and immune to facts.  He tweets mean things, after all

• Best Post (+1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 2

oki

Wait a second, why would racist Trump ENDORSE A MEXICAN FOOD PRODUCTS COMPANY?

According to the left Trump is a racist,  if this in fact a endorsement then it completely destroys that narrative.

• Agree (+1) 3

Natural Selection
10 hours ago, Capn'D said:

Huffpost

"May"? What kind of BS propaganda reporting is this?

Cite the specific statute violated or STFU.

• Agree (+1) 1

AntiObama
9 hours ago, Ladybird said:

What do you have to say about this race baiting piece of excrement that works at China loving COVID MSNBC?

Do you know what the USA did? We landed men on the Moon and got them all back safely. Why don't you and the Honorable Reverend neurosurgeon podiatrist cardiothoracic surgeon Al Sharpton go to Nigeria and throttle Boko Haram into the grave? Those swines kidnap young women and make them sex slaves. So you understand what the meaning of slaves is? I said SLAVES!!! What are you waiting on??? There are women suffering in sex bondage as you lay down to go to sleep !!!

EQNY7uDW4AAy1nF.jpg

• Agree (+1) 1