To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
kestrel

Two Men Rush To Save Man Trapped by Fire as Others Allegedly Stand There Recording

Rate this topic

kestrel

Well Done Young Dude's!

Two Men Rush To Save Man Trapped by Fire as Others Allegedly Stand There Recording

By Amanda Thomason
Published July 7, 2020 at 3:44pm

westernjournal.com

EXCERPT:

On Father’s Day, people across the United States were getting ready to celebrate the dads in their lives. For many, that included fixing up a meal with family favorites.

Guy Tarlton, 56, from Marion, Indiana, was cooking food for a Father’s Day dinner when he fell asleep.

Soon, what he was cooking caught on fire. Smoke began pouring out of the house, getting the attention of neighbors and passers-by.

Thankfully, 25-year-old Tré Jones and 24-year-old Marcus Harvey were driving in the area when they noticed something was wrong.

“I’m like ‘I smell some smoke. Somebody’s house is on fire,'” Jones told WTHR-TV.

TRENDING: Video Shows Punk Laughing as Homeless Man Dies in Street from Sick Dare

They traced the smoke to a house that was on fire. No firemen had responded to the scene yet.

The young men said one thing that stood out to them was that people were saying there was someone stuck in the house, but they weren’t doing anything — and to top it all off, they said some of them were filming the scene.

“They basically tell us there’s a guy inside the house,” Harvey said. “We didn’t know where he was at, we just heard him screaming and everything.”

It’s almost unimaginable to think that a group of bystanders was there, hearing the man in distress in the house, and yet none of them moved to help. In the news video, many of the neighbors interviewed were elderly, so perhaps they didn’t feel able to help — but still, Jones found it confusing.

“I’m like ‘So why are you all just standing there?'” Jones remembered thinking.

So he did what the others didn’t seem willing or able to do. He kicked in the door and plunged into the smoke-filled home.

“So I kicked the door in, fire, smoke, all that came through,” he explained. “It blew out at me. I see a little tunnel area I can duck down and get underneath the smoke. Now I could hear him a lot more clear so I’m like, ‘Here I come.'”

“Picked him up, scooted him out the house. When I got to the door, Marcus assisted me. He grabbed by his pants. We dragged him out here. That’s when the firefighters came and stuff.”

(FULL STORY)https://www.westernjournal.com/two-young-men-rush-save-man-trapped-fire-others-allegedly-stand-recording/

s.

• Like (+1) 1

Severian

Reminds me of an episode of Black Mirror, "White Bear." Woman wakes up and doesn't remember where she is or who she is, but starts being pursued by people who try and kill her, while everyone else just stands passively around filming this with their cell phones.

ThePatriot

Mr. Jones is a hero!  Love seeing things like this - thanks for posting. :2up:

• Agree (+1) 1

Taggart Transcontinental
Posted (edited)

Great work for these kids, I wonder if they asked what the color of the person was inside, nope probably didn't even cross their minds.

Edited by Taggart Transcontinental

Dean Adam Smithee
Posted (edited)

Not a firefighter myself, but EMS with *some* fire training as I've usually been attached to a volunteer FD, so just my 2c worth: I won't diss Mr. Jones for going in, but I won't diss the bystanders either.

Mr Jones is a bona fide "Hero". He risked his life, and I suspect he doesn't even begin to understand how much he risked it. But that's OKAY: Sometimes you have to do what you have to do, and to hell with the consequences (or, to heaven, as the case may be.). But... kids, don't try this at home.

EtA: Taking it play-by-play:

“So I kicked the door in, fire, smoke, all that came through,” he explained. “It blew out at me. I see a little tunnel area I can duck down and get underneath the smoke. Now I could hear him a lot more clear so I’m like, ‘Here I come.'”

"It blew out at me". Yes, of course. Heat creates pressure. Anyone here ever opened a hot oven door then got "blasted" by it? I can't remember from physics class if that was "Boyles Law" or "Charles Law".

"little tunnel area".  Yes, of course. Cold air flowing in underneath the hot air flowing out (Nature abhors a vacuum), to get to "equilibrium". Problem is, the cold air flowing in has 'oxygen"; It hits the fire and there's this thing called "flashback".

I'm GLAD it worked out for Mr Jones. All too often it doesn't. Maybe Fortuna smiled on him that day. But... kids, don't try this at home.

Edited by Dean Adam Smithee

Ticked@TinselTown

Allegedly?

The posted videos kinda speak for themselves and take out the allegedly proviso...

• Agree (+1) 1

linewinder

Un-f****ing-believable.

I also wont diss the people that did not help, age, fear or whatever.

But to be recording the possible death of someone burning alive you can hear screaming!

This sounds like the kind of people that contributed to the old website  ogrish.com.

I will diss them for that. This culture of filming every ones pain instead of helping makes me sick.

• Agree (+1) 1

MontyPython
56 minutes ago, Taggart Transcontinental said:

I love it! You just violated their rights? If this were the stasi that moron with the cam and all the rest of them would have been lined up against the wall and executed on the spot. No arrest, or due process, just bang bang. Secret police? How about capable police as opposed to the mayor's intent to allow these terrorists to continue operating with impunity.

Just curious - Was this accidentally put in the wrong thread?

Maybe supposed to be in the "Agents in unmarked vans snatching protesters off the street in Portland..." thread?

Otherwise I guess I don't grasp what it means in this thread.

:shrug: 

Taggart Transcontinental
2 minutes ago, MontyPython said:

Just curious - Was this accidentally put in the wrong thread?

Maybe supposed to be in the "Agents in unmarked vans snatching protesters off the street in Portland..." thread?

Otherwise I guess I don't grasp what it means in this thread.

:shrug: 

yeah i messed that one up :)

well they did snatch him up from inside his house.... Maybe they can be charged with some sort of violation of the rights of this guy, ya know the right to commit suicide?

In all honesty it takes a lot of guts to do what they did so good on them.

• Agree (+1) 1

MontyPython
21 minutes ago, Taggart Transcontinental said:

yeah i messed that one up :)

well they did snatch him up from inside his house.... Maybe they can be charged with some sort of violation of the rights of this guy, ya know the right to commit suicide?

In all honesty it takes a lot of guts to do what they did so good on them.

:2up: 

kestrel
4 hours ago, ThePatriot said:

Mr. Jones is a hero!  Love seeing things like this - thanks for posting. :2up:

😉You betcha!

Howsithangin

A nice reminder that there still are decent people in the world.  Thanks for posting

• Agree (+1) 1

Hieronymous
Posted (edited)

I wonder if there is a connection between the type of person who stood by recording this event on their phone and the type of person who hoards toilet paper at the first mention of the word " pandemic".

Or drive a Prius with a bumper sticker that says "Coexist".

Edited by Hieronymous
  • Agree (+1) 1

firecoco

I ran into burning buildings like that for 32 years....Good for those kids for stepping up and doing the right thing

• Best Post (+1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 1

Holland25
20 hours ago, linewinder said:

Un-f****ing-believable.

I also wont diss the people that did not help, age, fear or whatever.

But to be recording the possible death of someone burning alive you can hear screaming!

This sounds like the kind of people that contributed to the old website  ogrish.com.

I will diss them for that. This culture of filming every ones pain instead of helping makes me sick.

I agree. They couldn't have been too clueless or inept if they had the presences of mind to record it. I wonder if any of them called for help.

linewinder

Here's another instance of Humanity.

Hero bystander pulls unconscious man out of burning car

From the story:

Morgan, the hero, said:

"All that pulling up a phone and not stopping and helping? Nah, that's enough with that. Put them phones down and let's get into this action."

There is still hope for this Country.

• Agree (+1) 1