To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
pepperonikkid

Turning Point USA launches initiative to redirect money from liberal universities – and it’s working

Rate this topic

pepperonikkid

Turning Point USA launches initiative to redirect money from liberal universities – and it’s working

https://www.bizpacreview.com/

Robert Jonathan 

July 19, 2020

Article:

Charlie Kirk is leading an effort to redirect big money away from colleges that are functioning as left-wing propaganda mills rather than providing an actual educational experience.

The founder and president of Turning Point USA calls this initiative for donors to vote with their wallets by closing them “Divest U.”

In an interview on Fox and Friends on Saturday, host Jedediah Bila noted that Divest U, Turning Point’s partnership with Prager U, has already redirected $7 million away from Harvard and Baylor.

Kirk implied to Bila that the results of radical, anti-America, anti-free speech indoctrination throughout the country’s so-called institutions of higher learning are being played out in real time throughout the pervasive cancel culture and on the streets of some of America’s cities, and thus it’s time to cut them off.

“I have always been perplexed over the last couple of decades how many conservative donors and philanthropists have continued to fund the most radical left-wing institutions in our country. We have to look at the root causes. Why is it that we have thousands of people that want statues to be torn down in our streets or even more than that, when you look at the broader population. millions of young people. It’s because we have continually sent our most prized possession, the next generation, to centers of learning, that actually teach ingratitude towards America.

“And I think conservatives have a moral prerogative to not have their hard-earned dollars go towards these centers of left-wing indoctrination. It is not about Western society or free speech or free dialog anymore or meaningful conversation at these colleges.

“Unfortunately, it’s about one-size-fits-all ideology, where their idea of diversity is everyone looking different but thinking the same. I think it’s time for conservatives to use the tactic of divestment to effectuate positive social change.”

Even in its early stages, this effort apparently is garnering success, Kirk continued.

“I have had the opportunity to get to know over the last few years have been very successful business people and philanthropists and the examples you just mentioned. Let’s take Harvard, for example. I’m really proud to say that over $6 million in gifts have been de-committed to just Harvard alone in the last week because of this project that divest you.com. What’s been incredible is thousands of emails has been pouring into our organization of donors that are also de-committing their gifts from other colleges. We will be announcing them in the next week…

“We are not telling them what to do with their money except just don’t give it to that college do. Do whatever you want to, but please de-commit the dollars from the previous universities.”

Full Story

WarDog
1 hour ago, pepperonikkid said:

Unfortunately, it’s about one-size-fits-all ideology, where their idea of diversity is everyone looking different but thinking the same

This is exactly what I explained to my kids, when I told them what diversity means to a lefty..and it's spot on...

ThePatriot

An excellent idea that is long, long overdue...

MontyPython

:coffeenpc: 

Typical expensive ivy-league university:

Columbia-Ivy-League.jpg?itok=kvDMZ5OA

What it would look like if it ONLY had as much money as it's WORTH:

cacaa782a749efd8e1a44d99ba140295.jpg

:yes: