Sign in to follow this  
Rock N' Roll Right Winger

Senate Transcripts: Joe Biden Quoted N-Word 13 Times in 1985 Hearings

Rate this topic

Senate Transcripts: Joe Biden Quoted N-Word 13 Times in 1985 Hearings

Matthew Boyle  20 Jul 2020

Breitbart.com

The presumptive 2020 Democrat presidential nominee, former U.S. Vice President Joe Biden, used the N-word 13 times in a 1985 hearing series, U.S. Senate transcripts reveal.

Video of one such instance where Biden used the N-word twice when he was quoting someone else already surfaced late last month. The Senate hearing series during which Biden repeatedly used the offensive term was when he was questioning William Reynolds, then-President Ronald Reagan’s assistant attorney general for civil rights, when Reynolds was under consideration for a promotion to be associate attorney general. In particular, Biden was asking Reynolds about his role in providing clearance for a redistricting plan in Louisiana that courts later struck down.

A memo was submitted to Reynolds before he approved the redistricting plan that included a racist quote from someone described as a “key legislator” in defeating the alternative redistricting plan. According to this memo, that legislator, then-Republican Rep. Charles Emile Bruneau of New Orleans, allegedly said he opposed the left’s desired redistricting plan for Louisiana in starkly racial terms. We already have a n***** mayor (in New Orleans), and we don’t need another n***** bigshot,” Bruneau was quoted in that document as saying.

In his line of questioning Reynolds in these 1985 hearings—which stretched over multiple days—Biden repeatedly brought up this exact quote and kept using the N-word. In fact, U.S. Senate transcripts from the time demonstrate that Biden used it a grand total of 13 times.

The first instance occurred during the morning of June 4, 1985, when Biden first used the term twice. A later instance, from the next day, June 5, has already had widely circulating video of Biden reciting the derogatory term from the quote twice. While some people circulating the video left out the context that includes proof Biden was not using the N-word himself but quoting someone else saying it, the mere question as to if that is even acceptable has dogged politicians for some time. Sen. Bernie Sanders of Vermont, for instance, faced questions last year over his use of the word in a book in the late 1990s, especially from leftists and Democrats on Twitter:

<snip>

Rest is here

• Disagree (-1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 2

If this were any other white person, his/her career would be over.

Paula Deen, etc.? Even though the accusation towards her had turned out to be false.

Let's see if the proggy left SJWs will eat their own on this one?

My bet is Joey Plugs gets a pass.... it was so long ago!

• Disagree (-1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 4

moocow
24 minutes ago, Rock N' Roll Right Winger said:

Joy Reid Gives Joe Biden Pass on N-Word in Primetime Debut

Well, there's one free pass given by a black woman.

I guess what would you expect? Just look at the Tara Reade accusation and it’s parallel to the Kavaneaugh hearings!  Hypocrisy, thy name is democrat.

• Agree (+1) 1

Dean Adam Smithee

Biden was quoting someone ELSE using the N-word, to make a point.

That's real thin soup.

• Agree (+1) 2

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, Dean Adam Smithee said:

Biden was quoting someone ELSE using the N-word, to make a point.

That's real thin soup.

That doesn't matter to any proggy SJW if it were anyone else but a democrap.

He still said it.

Edited by Rock N' Roll Right Winger
  • Disagree (-1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 2

Howsithangin

oh, it's just Joe being Joe

Or something

:unsure:

• Agree (+1) 1

Howsithangin

What are the odds we get a lefty poster on this thread?  <_<

zipndun
4 minutes ago, Howsithangin said:

What are the odds we get a lefty poster on this thread?  <_<

Ladybird
2 hours ago, Rock N' Roll Right Winger said:

A memo was submitted to Reynolds before he approved the redistricting plan that included a racist quote from someone described as a “key legislator” in defeating the alternative redistricting plan. According to this memo, that legislator, then-Republican Rep. Charles Emile Bruneau of New Orleans, allegedly said he opposed the left’s desired redistricting plan for Louisiana in starkly racial terms. We already have a n***** mayor (in New Orleans), and we don’t need another n***** bigshot,” Bruneau was quoted in that document as saying.

Biden was wrong for quoting this racist piece of garbage verbatim?

Keep trying.

• Disagree (-1) 3
  • Agree (+1) 1

Howsithangin
4 minutes ago, Ladybird said:

Keep trying.

I take my hat off to thee.  I stand corrected.  And surprised

Howsithangin
5 minutes ago, Ladybird said:

Keep trying.

Conservatives get nailed for it, so why not?  I recall someone recently getting fired for it.

And teachers can't teach books containing it.

Like we said in another thread, the n-word minefield is not only inconsistently applied, but vague, unmapped

• Agree (+1) 2

Timothy

So 35 years ago Biden quoted a racist using the N word where showcasing that it was racist was the point.

This is one of the weakest attempts to create a controversy where none exists that I've seen.

And it's not like Biden makes it a challenge.

• Sad 1
  • Disagree (-1) 3
  • Agree (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Ladybird said:

Keep trying.

Papa John Schnatter lost control over his pizza company for doing the same thing.

As predicted, you lefties have selective/subjective outrage.

Edited by Rock N' Roll Right Winger
  • Agree (+1) 4

Howsithangin
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Timothy said:

So 35 years ago Biden quoted a racist using the N word where showcasing that it was racist was the point.

This is one of the weakest attempts to create a controversy where none exists that I've seen.

And it's not like Biden makes it a challenge.

Don't even!   You Marxists and your media and Twitter attack dogs go after GOP members children, items noted in GOP candidate HIGH SCHOOL yearbooks, conservative Justice Frat parties in college, and a NASCAR driver was fired because his FATHER said something 20 years ago. .Your cancel culture?  Care to start with that?  And now you send your Brownshirt mobs to our addresses to harass people and destroy your property!

Just how much lack of awareness do you have?!  Are you that ignorant, or that duplicitous.  Pick one!

You disgust me.

Edited by Howsithangin
  • Best Post (+1) 2

Timothy
13 minutes ago, Howsithangin said:

Don't even!   You Marxists and your media and Twitter attack dogs go after GOP members children, items noted in GOP candidate HIGH SCHOOL yearbooks, conservative Justice Frat parties in college, and a NASCAR driver was fired because his FATHER said something 20 years ago. .Your cancel culture?  Care to start with that?  And now you send your Brownshirt mobs to our addresses to harass people and destroy your property!

Just how much lack of awareness do you have?!  Are you that ignorant, or that duplicitous.  Pick one!

You disgust me.

:comfort:

Calm down there buddy.

• Disagree (-1) 4

Junto
19 minutes ago, Howsithangin said:

You disgust me.

They just disengage from the conversation or the parts that showcase their obvious hypocrisy - "Well, I didn't cancel all those people - other people did".

• Agree (+1) 3

Howsithangin
4 minutes ago, Timothy said:

:comfort:

Calm down there buddy.

Like the rest of your Party, you're a hypocrite. 

I'd ask how do you live with yourself, but I already know: alone in your mom's basement.  :D

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Agree (+1) 2

Timothy
13 minutes ago, Howsithangin said:

Like the rest of your Party, you're a hypocrite. 

I'd ask how do you live with yourself, but I already know: alone in your mom's basement.  :D

Hypocrisy?

What actions or positions have I personally taken that are at odds with what I posted?

• Disagree (-1) 2

Howsithangin
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Timothy said:

Hypocrisy?

What actions or positions have I personally taken that are at odds with what I posted?

As your fellow minions currently bellow, 'silence is complicity'.  Your selective indignation gives you away, hypocrite.  

You don't play obtuse very well.  Ask LB for some tips.

Edited by Howsithangin
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Howsithangin said:

You disgust me.

:clap:

• Agree (+1) 1

Noclevermoniker
11 hours ago, Ladybird said:

Keep trying.

So, it’s ok for me to quote “Blazing Saddles”? Cool. 

• Haha (+1) 2

Ladybird
1 hour ago, Noclevermoniker said:

So, it’s ok for me to quote “Blazing Saddles”? Cool. 

It's a free country. Go ahead.

The 35 year old testimony of Biden quoting a republican lawmakers racist remarks, which showed the true the motivation behind redistricting plans, does not make the exposé itself racist. This isn't weak sauce. Not even broth.

• Disagree (-1) 2
  • Agree (+1) 1

Specs
20 minutes ago, Ladybird said:

It's a free country. Go ahead.

The 35 year old testimony of Biden quoting a republican lawmakers racist remarks, which showed the true the motivation behind redistricting plans, does not make the exposé itself racist. This isn't weak sauce. Not even broth.

You are not very well educated on the current situation regarding racist terms

It is great that you have decided to give ole racist Biden a pass :) Would not expect any different from a racist.

• Agree (+1) 1