RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
Howsithangin

The Threat That Tucker Carlson Poses to the Media

Rate this topic

Howsithangin

The Threat That Tucker Carlson Poses to the Media

Redstate; Posted at 5:00 am on July 22, 2020 by Joe Cunningham

On Monday night, Tucker Carlson blasted the New York Times for preparing to publicly reveal his new home — a home he had to move to when progressive activists vandalized his previous home and repeatedly threatened his family. The Times gave a flimsy response on the matter, and the rest of the media nodded in agreement, fully on board with the idea that, sure, Carlson’s private home is absolutely newsworthy and so what if his family could be endangered by that? It’s basically his fault, they continue arguing silently.

One of the reasons that the media either doesn’t care that he’d get harassed (or, perhaps, they secretly want him to be) is that they would prefer him silenced. Carlson, as I argued yesterday, has gained an incredible audience in just a few short years. He poses a threat to the traditional order of things, and there are many in the mainstream media who do not like what it is Carlson represents. I want to explain exactly what it is that Carlson is doing and why they find it so dangerous.

Carlson approaches the news as someone who understands and feels the populist ideas that have long been ignored in the United States, but he does so as someone uniquely gifted to give an intelligent voice on them. He has gained a following by explaining the very things that led to President Donald Trump being elected, and he has done so without swearing absolute fealty to Trump.

In fact, the relationship is rumored to be somewhat reversed: Trump himself pays close attention to what Carlson is saying because he recognizes that those views are largely the views of his base. So when Trump does something that Carlson disagrees with, and Carlson voices his disagreement, you can bet the President has heard him and is seriously considering a change of course.

<snip>

the difference between Carlson and pundits like Hannity. Hannity’s job is largely reactionary. He responds and recites the talking points every good conservative is supposed to make. He quickly goes to the defense of a Republican under attack without stopping to think if what that Republican did is actually worth defending. The majority of the opinion hosts on Fox News do the same thing because they got their jobs being able to do that.

But Carlson treats the job differently. He approaches it by looking at the issues through the lenses of the populism that is currently running through the Republican Party and speaking out based on what he sees. The other hosts simply respond with the same thing they’ve already responded with because they look at the issues through the lenses of the people who have looked through the lenses in the past. It’s ingrained in how they approach things, and it is losing its appeal.

As I said yesterday morning, I see Carlson becoming a major force in the conservative movement, with the ability to mobilize the populists in the party in ways the other pundits can’t and the ability to really step into any void that is left by the more famous and iconic figures in conservative media (like Rush Limbaugh) stepping aside. That is why traditional media and even some in conservative media see Carlson as a threat. He is as likely to shake things up as Limbaugh did when he came on the scene.

<snip>

LINK

Rock N' Roll Right Winger

Carlson is a target because he dares to expose the deep state right in the mainstream media which is deep state controlled. They cannot have that.

• Agree (+1) 2

firecoco

I love Tucker Carlson...The sworn enemy of lying...pomposity...and group think

• Agree (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, firecoco said:

I love Tucker Carlson...The sworn enemy of lying...pomposity...and group think

I'm surprised so many like him because after all he has been on Infowars quite often and is a truther about the deep state shadow government? 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 1

NH Populist

Did someone say Populist? Lol  At least Carlson got out ahead of the Time's plan to go for act 2 in forcing him out of his home once again, good for him.   It seems like charges should be filed if it happens to him again, no? 

• Agree (+1) 1

DJGoody

The left loves diversity of color, but not thought!  Thought outside of the approved platform must be destroyed!  

• Agree (+1) 2

Severian
1 hour ago, DJGoody said:

The left loves diversity of color, but not thought!  Thought outside of the approved platform must be destroyed!  

The Left's view of diversity is a Crayon box, all the different colors, side by side, all lined up in a neat ideological row like good little proles.

• Agree (+1) 2

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Severian said:

The Left's view of diversity is a Crayon box, all the different colors, side by side, all lined up in a neat ideological row like good little proles.

With all of the white crayons all broken and in the bottom of the box with all the other colors stacked above them by the proggy powers that be.

Edited by Rock N' Roll Right Winger
  • Best Post (+1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 1

zurg
16 minutes ago, Rock N' Roll Right Winger said:

With all of the white crayons all broken and in the bottom of the box with all the other colors stacked above them by the proggy powers that be.

“All the dark crayons were out there inventing new forms of art when the white crayons were still just little toddler pieces at the back of the drawer.” — Al Sharpton 

• Haha (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, zurg said:

“All the dark crayons were out there inventing new forms of art when the white crayons were still just little toddler pieces at the back of the drawer.” — Al Sharpton 

Riiiight, Al.

Just like with all of those great cities that are built in Africa by blacks.

Oooh... wait..... 

• Disagree (-1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 1

MontyPython
5 hours ago, Rock N' Roll Right Winger said:

I'm surprised so many like him because after all he has been on Infowars quite often and is a truther about the deep state shadow government? 

And I'm surprised you like him, since his show is on that evil FoxNews, which according to you is "just as bad" as the networks that have no true conservative representatives (i.e. CNN, MSNBC, PBS, NPR, CBS, NBC, ABC, CBC, etc etc etc.)

:whistle: 

1 minute ago, MontyPython said:

And I'm surprised you like him, since his show is on that evil FoxNews, which according to you is "just as bad" as the networks that have no true conservative representatives (i.e. CNN, MSNBC, PBS, NPR, CBS, NBC, ABC, CBC, etc etc etc.)

:whistle: 

Yeah, imagine that? I can be objective about what people actually say about things and not dismiss them knee jerk just because the person is friends with Alex Jones and appears on Infowars?  :D

• Agree (+1) 1

MontyPython
Just now, Rock N' Roll Right Winger said:

Yeah, imagine that? I can be objective about what people actually say about things and not dismiss them knee jerk just because the person is friends with Alex Jones and appears on Infowars?  :D

So can you you acknowledge the fact that FoxNews isn't "just as bad" as the leftwing media? That they're better, and make an honest effort to present all sides honestly?

:tap: 

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, MontyPython said:

So can you you acknowledge the fact that FoxNews isn't "just as bad" as the leftwing media? That they're better, and make an honest effort to present all sides honestly?

:tap: 

Nope. They are just as bad as the rest. The rest have their token conservatives too. And honest? Aww hell no! No different than your beliefs about infowars.

• Like (+1) 1

MontyPython

Nope. They are just as bad as the rest. The rest have their token conservatives too. And honest? Aww hell no!

No, the rest have false "conservatives" & RINOs like Kasich & Krystol & Scarborough & so forth. Fox presents real conservatives, and Carlson is by NO means the only one.

But no worries, that's the answer I expected from you.

B) 

3 minutes ago, MontyPython said:

No, the rest have false "conservatives" & RINOs like Kasich & Krystol & Scarborough & so forth. Fox presents real conservatives, and Carlson is by NO means the only one.

But no worries, that's the answer I expected from you.

B) 

Same answer as I had expected from you too.

I go to where the real truth leads me. Not only what I like to believe.  :coolshades:

• Agree (+1) 1

MontyPython

Same answer as I had expected from you too.

I go to where the real truth leads me. Not only what I like to believe.  :coolshades:

So you just plain cannot admit that Fox regulars/anchors/hosts/contributors/etc like Laura Ingraham, Sean Hannity, Janeanne Pirro, Bill Hemmer, Shannon Bream, Jesse Watters, Pete Hegseth, Arthel Neville, Harris Faulkner, Sandra Smith, Bret Baier, Maria Bartiromo, Steve Doocy, Melissa Francis, Greg Gutfeld, Steve Hilton, Brian Kilmeade, Mark Levin, Martha McCallum, Dana Perino, Tammy Bruce, Mike Baker, Emily Compagno, Kat Timpf . . . and plenty more I can't think of off the top of my head . . . are true conservatives and make honest efforts to present the real truth. What a shock.

If you really cared about the real truth, and not just what you like to believe,  you wouldn't dismiss FoxNews so cavalierly.

<_< 

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, MontyPython said:

So you just plain cannot admit that Fox regulars/anchors/hosts/contributors/etc like Laura Ingraham, Sean Hannity, Janeanne Pirro, Bill Hemmer, Shannon Bream, Jesse Watters, Pete Hegseth, Arthel Neville, Harris Faulkner, Sandra Smith, Bret Baier, Maria Bartiromo, Steve Doocy, Melissa Francis, Greg Gutfeld, Steve Hilton, Brian Kilmeade, Mark Levin, Martha McCallum, Dana Perino, Tammy Bruce, Mike Baker, Emily Compagno, Kat Timpf . . . and plenty more I can't think of off the top of my head . . . are true conservatives and make honest efforts to present the real truth. What a shock.

If you really cared about the real truth, and not just what you like to believe,  you wouldn't dismiss FoxNews so cavalierly.

<_< 

There is a whole lot more to the story than just that. Even all those whom you've just listed are only allowed to say so much about the deep state. Fox won't allow it. Bad things happen to those who dare to get too close to their line.

Tucker is finding out right now. Glenn Beck and Judge Nap did too. Sharyl Atkisson knows all about it too. Alex Jones even found out about it too and now he's not nearly as brave about exposing it all like he used to.

• Agree (+1) 2

LeansToTheRight
10 minutes ago, MontyPython said:

<_< 

Kat Timpf isn’t a conservative.

Most, if not all, of the others in your list are certainly conservative or at least conservative-leaning.  Timpf is a libertarian independent.

MontyPython
1 minute ago, Rock N' Roll Right Winger said:

There is a whole lot more to the story than just that. Even all those whom you've just listed are only allowed to say so much about the deep state. Fox won't allow it. Bad things happen to those who dare to get too close to their line.

Tucker is finding out right now. Glenn Beck and Judge Nap did too. Sharyl Atkisson knows all about it too.

LOL. If it was FOX that "won't allow it", LOL, then he wouldn't have his show on Fox. For that matter, neither would the MANY others who make regular references to the deep state, like Ingraham, Hannity, Levin, Pirro, Hilton, Gutfeld, etc etc etc.

It's true the leftwing traitors in the REST of the msm are targeting Carlson. But the assertion that Fox "won't allow" true, honest conservative content is nothing short of lunacy.

:rolleyes: 

MontyPython
3 minutes ago, LeansToTheRight said:

Kat Timpf isn’t a conservative.

Most, if not all, of the others in your list are certainly conservative or at least conservative-leaning.  Timpf is a libertarian independent.

Wait, are you suggesting libertarians "aren't" conservatives? I'd say they're far more conservative than most Republicans.

B) 

2 minutes ago, MontyPython said:

LOL. If it was FOX that "won't allow it", LOL, then he wouldn't have his show on Fox. For that matter, neither would the MANY others who make regular references to the deep state, like Ingraham, Hannity, Levin, Pirro, Hilton, Gutfeld, etc etc etc.

It's true the leftwing traitors in the REST of the msm are targeting Carlson. But the assertion that Fox "won't allow" true, honest conservative content is nothing short of lunacy.

If you only knew the rest of the story....? 

• Agree (+1) 1

MontyPython

If you only knew the rest of the story....? 

LOL

LeansToTheRight
Just now, MontyPython said:

Wait, are you suggesting libertarians "aren't" conservatives? I'd say they're far more conservative than most Republicans.

B) 

I took your use of the word to mean the ideological conservative.  Sorry, if that’s not what you meant.

i agree that libertarians are “conservative” on some things, like limited government.

But I wouldn’t lump Kat Timpf in a list of “conservatives”, because she’s not.

Just now, MontyPython said:

LOL

You don't know.

There is a reason why Glenn Beck had suddenly flipped his trolley and put on the crazy act. Why judge Nap did a 180. Why both turned to the opposite of what they claimed to believe to the public. Crazy, no more credibility but still alive.

• Like (+1) 1