To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
Howsithangin

The Threat That Tucker Carlson Poses to the Media

Rate this topic

MontyPython
2 minutes ago, LeansToTheRight said:

I took your use of the word to mean the ideological conservative.  Sorry, if that’s not what you meant.

i agree that libertarians are “conservative” on some things, like limited government.

But I wouldn’t lump Kat Timpf in a list of “conservatives”, because she’s not.

Fair enough.

But I believe that unlike R&RRW you're objective enough to acknowledge the indisputable fact that FoxNews ISN'T "just as bad" as CNN, MSNBC, PBS, NPR, CBS, NBC, ABC, CBC, etc etc etc.

Right?

B) 

LeansToTheRight
3 minutes ago, MontyPython said:

Fair enough.

But I believe that unlike R&RRW you're objective enough to acknowledge the indisputable fact that FoxNews ISN'T "just as bad" as CNN, MSNBC, PBS, NPR, CBS, NBC, ABC, CBC, etc etc etc.

Right?

B) 

Absolutely!

• Best Post (+1) 1

MontyPython
8 minutes ago, LeansToTheRight said:

Absolutely!

:2up: 

kestrel
2 hours ago, MontyPython said:

Hey wait a minute! I was told that all you conservative types, when not out lynching Black Folks and worshiping Trump, were all in total lock step???:wave:

Kestrel...

Junto
2 hours ago, MontyPython said:

Fair enough.

Right?

B) 

I doubt he is actually saying they are 1:1 as bad as the others.  But it is undeniable that they leash and fence off the extent of views expressed by their people and the topics they can talk about.  They can still find advertising dollars for their current level of conservative programming,  but it is analogous to the frog in a pot of water.  Their conservatism is directly tied to their ad revenue.

MontyPython
2 hours ago, kestrel said:

Hey wait a minute! I was told that all you conservative types, when not out lynching Black Folks and worshiping Trump, were all in total lock step???:wave:

Kestrel...

LOL

(I'm guessing you've been here long enough to know I'm no "conservative" at all.)

;) 

2 hours ago, Junto said:

I doubt he is actually saying they are 1:1 as bad as the others.  But it is undeniable that they leash and fence off the extent of views expressed by their people and the topics they can talk about.  They can still find advertising dollars for their current level of conservative programming,  but it is analogous to the frog in a pot of water.  Their conservatism is directly tied to their ad revenue.

First off - Yes, he very specifically said Fox is just as bad as the others. No caveats. No qualifiers. No half-measures at all. According to him, FoxNews is exactly as bad and dishonest and so forth as all the other news networks, including CNN & MSNBC (and that's obviously just plain preposterous. Ridiculous.)

And as for the rest, you're obviously entitled to your opinion. But I'd be curious to know how many actual hours every actual day you spend actually watching FoxNews. I just can't imagine anybody who actually watches FoxNews coming to such a conclusion. Ever watch The Five? The Ingraham Angle? Hannity? Watter's World? The Greg Gutfeld show? Life, Liberty & Levin? The Next Revolution with Steve Hilton? Any suggestion FoxNews "leash(es) and fence(s) off" the extent of views expressed by their people and the topics they can talk about suggests to me somebody who very rarely actually watches FoxNews.

B) 

Junto
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, MontyPython said:

LOL

(I'm guessing you've been here long enough to know I'm no "conservative" at all.)

;) 

First off - Yes, he very specifically said Fox is just as bad as the others. No caveats. No qualifiers. No half-measures at all. According to him, FoxNews is exactly as bad and dishonest and so forth as all the other news networks, including CNN & MSNBC (and that's obviously just plain preposterous. Ridiculous.)

And as for the rest, you're obviously entitled to your opinion. But I'd be curious to know how many actual hours every actual day you spend actually watching FoxNews. I just can't imagine anybody who actually watches FoxNews coming to such a conclusion. Ever watch The Five? The Ingraham Angle? Hannity? Watter's World? The Greg Gutfeld show? Life, Liberty & Levin? The Next Revolution with Steve Hilton? Any suggestion FoxNews "leash(es) and fence(s) off" the extent of views expressed by their people and the topics they can talk about suggests to me somebody who very rarely actually watches FoxNews.

B) 

I watch so little television programming you could almost say I don't watch any.  This includes news and news actors, but if I were to turn on the news, I would turn on Fox. I'm not arguing Fox is close to CNN or MSNBC, I am arguing that even Fox is limited and limiting what they care to talk about and this is due in part (largely by my estimation) by ad revenue. Look through the list of topics discussed here on Rightnation.US over the past few days - see many Fox News articles or articles from their news actors? Everyone else get the jump on them?

Edited by Junto

MontyPython
45 minutes ago, Junto said:

I watch so little television programming you could almost say I don't watch any.  This includes news and news actors, but if I were to turn on the news, I would turn on Fox. I'm not arguing Fox is close to CNN or MSNBC, I am arguing that even Fox is limited and limiting what they care to talk about and this is due in part (largely by my estimation) by ad revenue. Look through the list of topics discussed here on Rightnation.US over the past few days - see many Fox News articles or articles from their news actors? Everyone else get the jump on them?

Thank you for admitting you don't actually watch FoxNews very often. I watch it every day, plus all the others too, so every single day I get a clear comparison. There simply isn't any honest or sane way to pretend FoxNews is "just as bad" as the rest. That's just plain insane. Thank you for acknowledging they're not even close.

But I still cannot agree there is any "limiting" at Fox. Yes, every single issue we discuss here at RN is also discussed at Fox, if you watch it every day.

B) 

kestrel
3 hours ago, MontyPython said:

LOL

;) 

Yep and long enough to know that you're no "Neo-Liberal" either😉

Kestrel...

MontyPython
11 hours ago, kestrel said:

Yep and long enough to know that you're no "Neo-Liberal" either

Kestrel...