Jump to content
To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
Howsithangin

Baseball is Dead: Major League Baseball Goes to Bat for Kneeling, and It Looks Like a Strike-Out

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Howsithangin

Major League Baseball Goes to Bat for Kneeling, and It Looks Like a Strike-Out

Redstate; Posted at 9:30 pm on July 21, 2020 by Alex Parker

 

As previously noted by RedState’s Becca Lower, players for the San Francisco Giants — including Jaylin Davis, Mike Yastrzemski, and Austin Slater — took a knee Monday night. Two coaches, along with manager Gabe Kapler, joined in

On social media, not everyone approved, including former Giant and two-time world series champion Aubrey Huff:

Aubrey Huff. @aubrey_huff

"I’m proud to not be invited to the @SFGiants 10 year WS reunion. I’m PRO America"

 

About not being invited, here’s how Aubrey’s explained it:

“When I asked why I wasn’t invited, [team CEO Larry Baer] told [me] that the board didn’t approve of my Twitter posts and my political support of Donald Trump. … If it wasn’t for me, they wouldn’t be having a reunion, but if they want to stick with their politically correct, progressive bulls—, that’s fine.”

 

 

With all the talk of athletics going political, one might think the league itself would stay out of the hubbub. But MLB jumped in and told people what it’s all about:

MLB.  @MLB

"It has never been about the military or the flag. The players and coaches are using their platforms to peacefully protest."

12:22 PM · Jul 21, 2020

 

As observed by The Daily Wire, one user wrote, “Pllllleeeeaaaseeee stop posting things like this. Yes, black lives do indeed matter. But it’s a polarizing topic. Keep politics out of baseball!”  The league popped back:

MLB @MLB

"Supporting human rights is not political."

12:19 PM · Jul 21, 2020

 

When another critic tweeted, “Quit bringing all this political bs into sports! You are there to play a game not to be a politician, play the game,” baseball’s professional association took another swing:

MLB @MLB

"Supporting our players and supporting equality is not political."

11:43 AM · Jul 21, 2020

<snip>

I’d guess it will only further a sentiment among many fans which, so far as I can tell, is essentially summed up by the following tweet:

realmyiq2xu2 @realmyiq2xu2

"And I will peacefully quit watching baseball to protest. I was a SFGiants fan for over 50 years. I saw my first game at the 'Stick back when Will Mays and Willie McCovey were still playing. Now I'm done."

Baseball is Dead LINK

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Junto

I'm not a big sports fan - at all.  But, occasionally, it is fun to go on a date to a football/basketball/baseball game and experience the excitement.  After all this kneeling and politicizing, I don't know if I'll ever darken the door to another stadium or arena again.  Why would I give these massively overpaid players more money to preach to me about something they know nothing about? That's like going to Chaz and bowing/praying/asking random black people for forgiveness for your whiteness...

  • Agree (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Taggart Transcontinental

Guess there will be a lot of stick swingers looking for jobs at starbucks shortly.

  • Agree (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rock N' Roll Right Winger

Get woke.

Go the eff broke.

Every major organized sport and large corporation (except for Red Bull who straight up fired their "woke" management employees here) are cowardly giving into the threats from these racist terrorist groups.

They are thinking with something else besides their wallets or brains. Stupid. 

  • Agree (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Howsithangin
22 minutes ago, Junto said:

I'm not a big sports fan - at all.  But, occasionally, it is fun to go on a date to a football/basketball/baseball game and experience the excitement.  After all this kneeling and politicizing, I don't know if I'll ever darken the door to another stadium or arena again.  Why would I give these massively overpaid players more money to preach to me about something they know nothing about? That's like going to Chaz and bowing/praying/asking random black people for forgiveness for your whiteness...

I'm the same way.  I used to follow baseball back in the 1970s and 1980s, but after the strikes, and the free agent frenzy when team rosters changed 50% every year, I gave up.  I went to a hockey game in 1999.

Football has always bored me.  Basketball even more so, and pro ball has been thug ball for 2 decades.  

I'm saddened that baseball followed them down the bowl, but as I don't follow it anyway, it doesn't change my life.

F 'em all

  • Agree (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Howsithangin
20 minutes ago, Taggart Transcontinental said:

Guess there will be a lot of stick swingers looking for jobs at starbucks shortly.

Based upon the few times I've been in one, I believe that there are already more than a few 'stick swingers' working at Starschmucks.....  :whistling:whistle

  • Haha (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Noclevermoniker

Stick the fork in ‘em. I won’t be attending Astros games, buying overpriced parking and concessions, watching on TV, or even checking the standings anymore. They have had some good recent runs and they were fun to follow, but the “sign stealing” scandal left me disappointed in what I thought was a clean organization with some personable players. While I’ve not heard any of them go full-on Krapperdich, I’m sure there will be some. This cave by MLB seals it. I’m out.  
 

As for the Texans, the most notable local player, JJ Watt, was replaced by a BLM pod some weeks back, which lowered is personal stock to about 0. He’s been a stand up charitable man locally, but joining with the thugs is going to tank him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Punisher

Hey mlb, kiss my azz. 😗 Not on zis side, not on zat side, but right in zee middle.  Same goes for football and basketball. Been done with these two for several years now just add baseball. No big deal to me.  Now that i think about it i haven't watched an entire baseball game in years anyway. They can all go dance the hully gully for all i care.                                                                                                                                                                                                     

  • Agree (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rock N' Roll Right Winger
Posted (edited)

I have dumped NASCAR for the same reasons as others have above. It purposely left me and most of the loyal long time traditional fans. 

Getting woke going broke is a deliberate plot to destroy everything that was true Americana. It's by design. Destroy all of our uniqueness of levels of intelligence, skills, talents, traditions, institutions, patriotism everything to take us out of the greatness that was truly ours.

I absolutely despise and HATE progressives and progressivism. They are the enemy.

Edited by Rock N' Roll Right Winger
  • Agree (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Junto
Posted (edited)

I especially love how the Left takes their capitulation, and doubles down on how much more they owe/should be doing. 

Take this article on Deadspin (Super-Left Gawker's sports site),  Baseball’s Performative Wokeness Is Fake As Hell     where the black blogger explains how none of the actions taken by MLB are real enough, or do enough to 'make things right'.  So what is the point of turning off your core audience if the cannibals on the Left are always hungry?

 

 

Edited by Junto
  • Agree (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Punisher
4 minutes ago, Rock N' Roll Right Winger said:

I have dumped NASCAR for the same reasons as others have above. It purposely left me and most of the loyal long time tradidional fans. 

Never got into the nascar and the other go down and turn left racin'. I'd venture a guess that probably the last time i watched one like that  A J Foyt was at the 500. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NH Populist
13 minutes ago, Junto said:

I especially love how the Left takes their capitulation, and doubles down on how much more they owe/should be doing. 

Take this article on Deadspin (Super-Left Gawker's sports site),  Baseball’s Performative Wokeness Is Fake As Hell     where the black blogger explains how none of the actions taken by MLB are real enough, or do enough to 'make things right'.  So what is the point of turning off your core audience if the cannibals on the Left are always hungry?

 

 

Perfect example of how you're never going to appease the whiners, give 'em an inch, they want a mile.  Then two....

  • Agree (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rock N' Roll Right Winger
Posted (edited)

What's so effing insane is that these whiners are not the fans at all? It's small groups of activists. Yet all of these sports are catering to these groups at the behest of their woke corporate sponsors and insurance companies and to hell with the fans and their money and openly/arrogantly disrespect all of their likes and beliefs? And believe that their fans are all stupid and simple minded if they don't like it and accept it? Like what Bubba Wallace pretty much said?

How effing stupid is that?

Sports are supposed to be all for the fans, not taking them for granted and pissing all over them? Expecting the fans to buy and eat their "woke" shidt sandwich because they say it's so yummy and think that we will and we have no other choice?

Edited by Rock N' Roll Right Winger
  • Agree (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Junto
9 minutes ago, Rock N' Roll Right Winger said:

What's so effing insane is that these whiners are not the fans at all? It's small groups of activists. Yet all of these sports are catering to these groups at the behest of their woke corporate sponsors and insurance companies and to hell with the fans and their money and openly/arrogantly disrespect all of their likes and beliefs? And believe that their fans are all stupid and simple minded if they don't like it and accept it? Like what Bubba Wallace pretty much said?

How effing stupid is that?

Sports are supposed to be all for the fans, not taking them for granted and pissing all over them?

This is the result of the consolidation of ownership over the media and virtually all products/advertising into a few companies/board members (who sit on each other's boards). It helps that the 20 or so companies that own and control everything are Leftists. It's why Fox is compromised, and growing more so by the day.

  • Agree (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rock N' Roll Right Winger
3 minutes ago, Junto said:

This is the result of the consolidation of ownership over the media and virtually all products/advertising into a few companies/board members (who sit on each other's boards). It helps that the 20 or so companies that own and control everything are Leftists. It's why Fox is compromised, and growing more so by the day.

These leftists absolutely despise and HATE the fans too because the fans are mostly conservative patriotic American traditionalists. Everything that the commie proggy left HATES about this country.

  • Agree (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AntiObama

These stupid A-holes will take a knee during a minute and 15 second song, but not during a 3 hour baseball game. What a joke.

2% of African Americans are killed by cops and 94% of African Americans are killed by African Americans.

You pathetic do nothing pigs.

  • Agree (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DW1957

Sadly, I must peacefully protest all profesional sports and not participate in, or support, a political stunt during a game of leisure.

  • Agree (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MontyPython

I have always been bored spitless by baseball, in my opinion the most consistently boring sport of them all. So it's impossible for me to "boycott" something I've never watched or supported or paid attention to in the first place. But I'm glad to see that others who did used to watch baseball won't watch it anymore because of this stupid leftist horsesh*t.

:2up:

 

  • Agree (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hieronymous
6 hours ago, Weaseljd said:

I am a huge sports fan.  Played in High School, coached high school ball through college, have my man cave done in Ohio State colors.  And I am done with pro sports.  The NFL lost me a couple of years ago with the kneeing, but when it more or less went away I came back.  This year, I am so done I refuse to even play fantasy football if they have a season.  These athletes are forgetting their time on the field is us paying for them to entertain us, not for them to make political statements on our time and dollars to make them feel better about their multi-million dollar lives before they leave the stadiums in their $100,000 cars and drive home to their gated communities wearing their Nike endorsed products made by Chinese slave labor who could teach them a thing or two about real oppression.

This is about where I'm at.  Followed Detroit teams since 1971, and the league's they play in for just as long.  But as I have said before on this site, politics ruins everything.  One thing not having much in the way of sports to follow these past few months has taught me is that I don't miss them.  It also helps that since 2014 I have lived in cities that don't care about sports all that much.  The weather is too good, no reason not to be outside, unless the government lies to us about a pandemic or something...

  • Agree (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kestrel
7 hours ago, Weaseljd said:

I am a huge sports fan.  Played in High School, coached high school ball through college, have my man cave done in Ohio State colors.  And I am done with pro sports.  The NFL lost me a couple of years ago with the kneeing, but when it more or less went away I came back.  This year, I am so done I refuse to even play fantasy football if they have a season.  These athletes are forgetting their time on the field is us paying for them to entertain us, not for them to make political statements on our time and dollars to make them feel better about their multi-million dollar lives before they leave the stadiums in their $100,000 cars and drive home to their gated communities wearing their Nike endorsed products made by Chinese slave labor who could teach them a thing or two about real oppression.

Well said Counselor...Well said!

Kestrel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Holland25
8 hours ago, Rock N' Roll Right Winger said:

Get woke.

Go the eff broke.

Every major organized sport and large corporation (except for Red Bull who straight up fired their "woke" management employees here) are cowardly giving into the threats from these racist terrorist groups.

They are thinking with something else besides their wallets or brains. Stupid. 

So true. Big corporations and Major League Sports has totally brought this on themselves. All this controversy could have been avoided. If you tell these morons that if they carry on, or do something the team views as embarrassing then their not playing. There is so many things that could have been done. Once you allow this BS it will never end. It will continue to get worse. What are you going to allow players to burn a US flag before the game? Sound ridiculous,  It's just going to get worse and it didn't have to happen. You all deserve a loss of revenue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ticked@TinselTown
Posted (edited)

MLB+BLM=Inflated Azzholery

Inflated Azzholery+ZERO Viewership...  Priceless

Edited by Ticked@TinselTown
  • Agree (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...