• Agree (+1) 2

ThePatriot

She's exactly right.

• Agree (+1) 2

Howsithangin
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, RedSoloCup said:

Agree with this 200%

It's a good time for a complete rethink on education in this country.

Recommendation #1: Limited Federal involvement.

Recommendation #2: tenure, unionization should be avoided

Recommendation #3: Get rid of "education" degrees. Teachers should be SMEs on the subjects they teach. I'm not interested in teaching "methods" or "theories".  We were fine until these silly concepts started taking hold. On the whole, primary school education majors are the dumbest kids on campus.

Recommendation #4: Education should not be funded by property taxes. This inherently produces "rich" districts and "poor:" districts. If the intent is to get rid of educational disparities, and fund them equally, by head count or county per capita.

Edited by Howsithangin
  • Agree (+1) 2

Rock N' Roll Right Winger
9 hours ago, Howsithangin said:

Recommendation #3: Get rid of "education" degrees. Teachers should be SMEs on the subjects they teach. I'm not interested in teaching "methods" or "theories".  We were fine until these silly concepts started taking hold. On the whole, primary school education majors are the dumbest kids on campus.

Recommendation #4: Education should not be funded by property taxes. This inherently produces "rich" districts and "poor:" districts. If the intent is to get rid of educational disparities, and fund them equally, by head count or county per capita.

5. No progressive indoctrination or propaganda.

• Agree (+1) 2

johnnybravo
9 hours ago, Howsithangin said:

On point #3, at least in Texas, you have to have a degree in the subject you are going to teach if it’s at least the 7th grade or higher I believe. For the younger grades, the teachers teach all subjects (I think) so having a degree that covers all might be better than having them focus on one subject.

I agree with Dana on the subject of the post. My sister is a counselor and I told her that teachers should be begging the states to open, otherwise there will be a backlash from taxpayers saying, why the heck are we paying taxes for schools and teachers if they aren’t open and teaching. She agrees.

What makes it even more infuriating is Gov. Abbott’s order to wear masks exempts kids 10 and under. If those kids don’t have to wear a mask, why can’t they go to school? It also opens the question of exactly how dangerous is the Kung fu flu if kids don’t have to wear a mask? Stupid.