Over 55% of Closed Businesses Won’t Reopen

Rate this topic

pepperonikkid

Over 55% of Closed Businesses Won’t Reopen

https://www.conservativesociety.org/

July 24, 2020

Article:

Over-50-of-Temporary-Business-Closures-N

When governors ordered businesses closed and told citizens to stay home to combat COVID-19, they refused to heed President Trump’s warning. In April, Trump said the cure couldn’t be worse than the disease. Yet, for many Americans, that’s precisely the case.

Not only are millions of Americans out of work, businesses that closed their doors in March, at no fault of their own, paid the ultimate price. In a new report by Yelp, between 55% and 60% of the businesses on its website that were listed as closed temporarily are now permanently out of business.

Full Story

zurg

I’m impressed that 35-40% of them are resilient and smart enough to stay open. 

Ticked@TinselTown

Entrepreneurship has resiliency in it and those people who shuttered their businesses have learned a valuable lesson and are likely looking into new ways of starting up again in a different industry, hopefully those that can weather such things as political cowardice and agenda driven idiocy.

• Agree (+1) 2

zurg
33 minutes ago, searcher said:

exactly what the dems wanted. They couldn't have a good ecconomy going into the elections.Trump will get the blame just as they and the media want.

Mark

Yes, Trump will be blamed by the MEDIA. But not by most voters, because they know a thing or two about what the MEDIA are trying to do.

• Agree (+1) 4

zipndun
1 hour ago, zurg said:

I'm impressed you are saying that with a straight face, assuming you are?

Sorry, old wounds die hard with me. No hard feelings, but you take on this whole thing in the beginning pushed me to a point of...................... things better left unsaid.

• Confused 1

zurg
2 hours ago, zipndun said:

I'm impressed you are saying that with a straight face, assuming you are?

Sorry, old wounds die hard with me. No hard feelings, but you take on this whole thing in the beginning pushed me to a point of...................... things better left unsaid.

I have no idea what you mean by this and by old wounds. I get the sense that “no hard feelings” about something isn’t true though. 

Junto

Had to flatten the curve - of small business owners. 

• Agree (+1) 3

AntonToo
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, pepperonikkid said:

When governors ordered businesses closed and told citizens to stay home to combat COVID-19, they refused to heed President Trump’s warning.

Trump's warning? Is this some sort of a sick joke?

"It's going to disappear. One day, it's like a miracle, it will disappear," Trump said on February 27. 

"And it will go away. Just stay calm. It will go away," he said again on March 10. 

Then on July 1, the president said "I think we're going to be very good with the coronavirus. I think at some point that's going to sort of just disappear, I hope.

Trump reverses course, says it's 'too soon' for Georgia Gov. Kemp to reopen state

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/trump-reverses-course-says-too-soon-georgia-reopen-n1190061

Trump is waivering like a lost leaf in the wind. But never mind him, you rightwingers seem to have this insane idea that if only governments would not shutdown everyhting somehow could be normal.

That hospitals could be overrun, morgues overfilled, bodies piling up, but hey, people would  still just be flying all over and packing movie theaters and restraunts. Everyhting would be just fine if it wasn't for them pesky Democrats and their infection containing priorities.

sTWE4AK.gif

Edited by AntonToo
  • Disagree (-1) 3

Junto
36 minutes ago, AntonToo said:

That hospitals could be overrun, morgues overfilled, bodies piling up, but hey, people would  still just be flying all over and packing movie theaters and restraunts. Everyhting would be just fine if it wasn't for them pesky Democrats and their infection containing priorities.

This has not happened anywhere in the US.

• Agree (+1) 3

firecoco
3 hours ago, zurg said:

I have no idea what you mean by this and by old wounds. I get the sense that “no hard feelings” about something isn’t true though. 

😀

• Agree (+1) 2

Howsithangin

Cloward-Piven

• Best Post (+1) 2
  • Agree (+1) 2

Howsithangin
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, AntonToo said:

Trump has been pushing for the economy to open for months. Meanwhile, you and your fellow Marxists are screaming bloody murder when someone walks out of their front door. You've fought hammer and cycle every inch of ground when it comes to opening the economy. States with Marxist governors have come down like a hammer, especially. The only positive thing ab out it being that they've exposed themselves and their agenda.  

You can try and sell whatever bull <censored> your handlers give you, but many have caught on, and your hooves will gain now traction here, where we have been onto you and yours since day one.

Edited by Howsithangin
  • Agree (+1) 3

zurg
5 hours ago, AntonToo said:

"It's going to disappear. One day, it's like a miracle, it will disappear," Trump said on February 27. 

"And it will go away. Just stay calm. It will go away," he said again on March 10. 

Then on July 1, the president said "I think we're going to be very good with the coronavirus. I think at some point that's going to sort of just disappear, I hope.

Trump reverses course, says it's 'too soon' for Georgia Gov. Kemp to reopen state

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/trump-reverses-course-says-too-soon-georgia-reopen-n1190061

Trump is waivering like a lost leaf in the wind. But never mind him, you rightwingers seem to have this insane idea that if only governments would not shutdown everyhting somehow could be normal.

sTWE4AK.gif

Cool fiction bro. 

In reality the deep state genie is out of the bottle and voters are seeing it. Can’t go backwards! Hahahahahaha. 

• Agree (+1) 3

Taggart Transcontinental
7 hours ago, Junto said:

Had to flatten the curve - of small business owners. 

Exactly, had to flatten that success curve, can't have a bunch of uppity black men and women seeing success from that "racist" President.

• Agree (+1) 4

AntonToo
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Junto said:

Well that’s because we don’t listen to nutters and SHUTDOWN where the infections are getting out of control and hospitals begin to get overloaded.

Edited by AntonToo
  • Disagree (-1) 2

Junto
16 minutes ago, AntonToo said:

Well that’s because we don’t listen to nutters and SHUTDOWN where the infections are getting out of control and hospitals begin to get overloaded.

Democrat Strongholds?

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Agree (+1) 2

Taggart Transcontinental
19 minutes ago, AntonToo said:

So are the hospitals out of control? Are the wuhan flu treatment locations overwhelmed? Most hospitals don't even admit Wuhan flu patients to the ER, the ER's are now full of what ER's are traditionally full of. There are now area's in the hospital for people with Wuhan, so even your logic is dated. Much like your arguments.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 2

Taggart Transcontinental
6 hours ago, AntonToo said:

sTWE4AK.gif

Obviously you have never led anything in your life. If you will recall Fau-Chi and all the media outlets in January were telling us this is nothing more than a flu, then it all ..... CHANGED....

Your memory is bad, except when it comes to Trump. He's reacting to this idiot and other idiots like him who are advising him.

• Agree (+1) 2

Taggart Transcontinental
6 hours ago, Junto said:

It kind of happened in New York and Michigan per design.

• Agree (+1) 2

Dean Adam Smithee
12 hours ago, zurg said:

I'm skeptical that it's ONLY 35-40%. That doesn't match what I've seen with my own eyes. (To paraphrase an old joke: Who should I believe? A story on the internet or my own lying eyes?) Personally, I'd put the "resilience" figure at 90%+.  Of course, that wouldn't make a "news" story that the sheeple can be frightened with.

Consider my stomping ground in east Cobb County GA. Closest major intersection is Lower Roswell Rd @ Johnson Ferry road. At this intersection is a small shopping plaza anchored by a Kroger. Of the 39 tenants, NONE have permanently closed though many have made adjustments. Extend that to 5 miles in any direction, to include shopping plazas such as Merchants Walk, Woodlawn Point, The Avenue at East Cobb, Sandy Springs Crossing, and I STILL can't thing of a single business that has permanently closed.

How about in YOUR stomping ground??? Can YOU enumerate the 55% of business in your area that are permanently closed?

Mark Twain once quipped, "The reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated". The same applies here.

YES, Business DO close. Especially new ones. According to investopedia, based on BLS numbers, "approximately 20% of new businesses fail during the first two years of being open, 45% during the first five years, and 65% during the first 10 years. "Only 25% of new businesses make it to 15 years or more". Source

Same [stuff], different day. I can remember the Obama era, when for a while it seemed like every business that closed blamed it on "Obama" rather than the fact that, well, maybe they shouldn't have been trying to run a business in the first place.

• Disagree (-1) 1