Rate this topic

pepperonikkid

Conservative UNC Prof. Mike Adams Found Dead in Home After Forced Retirement

https://www.breitbart.com/

TOM CICCOTTA

24 Jul 2020

Article:

Mike-Adams-UNC-WIlmington-640x480.jpg

Mike Adams, an outspoken conservative professor at the University of North Carolina, Wilmington, was found dead in his home on Thursday. Adams was forced to retire by administrators in July after he sparked controversy over politically incorrect tweets.

According to a local news report, conservative professor Mike Adams was found dead in his home on Thursday. Police have yet to announce a cause of death.

Breitbart News reported earlier in July that Adams had received a $500,000 settlement of the University of North Carolina, Wilmington, in exchange for his retirement.

Adams sparked a debate about political correctness in May when he tweeted a joke about North Carolina’s coronavirus lockdown policy.

“This evening I ate pizza and drank beer with six guys at a six seat table top. I almost felt like a free man who was not living in the slave state of North Carolina. Massa Cooper, let my people go!” Adams tweeted in May. The tweet set off a firestorm from students, faculty, and even celebrities that had worked on television productions in Wilmington.

Some Twitter users used news of Adams’ death to voice additional critcisms of the recently deceased professor. Just moments after police confirmed Adams’ death, UNC-Wilmington Professor LJ Randolph Jr. urged others to not “sugarcoat” the remarks that had made Adams a controversial figure amongst a select group of progressives.

“Please do mourn Mike Adams’s death, but don’t sugarcoat his rhetoric as merely “controversial” or “racially charged.” He was blatantly racist, homophobic, and sexist, and his own words left no room for interpretation on any of that,” Randolph Jr. wrote.

Please do mourn Mike Adams’s death, but don’t sugarcoat his rhetoric as merely “controversial” or “racially charged.” He was blatantly racist, homophobic, and sexist, and his own words left no room for interpretation on any of that.

— Dr LJ Randolph Jr (@ProfeRandolph) July 23, 2020

Full Story

MontyPython

"Please do mourn Mike Adams’s death, but don’t sugarcoat his rhetoric as merely “controversial” or “racially charged.” He was blatantly racist, homophobic, and sexist, and his own words left no room for interpretation on any of that,” Randolph Jr. wrote.

Then I take it he must've said a whole lot more than the comments in the tweet, above, which demonstrated nothing resembling racism/homophobia/sexism.

:shrug: 

Junto
43 minutes ago, MontyPython said:

Then I take it he must've said a whole lot more than the comments in the tweet, above, which demonstrated nothing resembling racism/homophobia/sexism.

1234.jpg

moocow
1 hour ago, MontyPython said:

Mike Adams was a great writer. He had a column on Townhall, where he covered a range of issues. Some of his columns were posted in this site, but haven’t seen him mentioned for quite a while. He was, based on his columns, a devout Christian. He was firmly against gay marriage, for concealed carry, for free speech (particularly on college campuses), was very pro-manners. He didn’t tolerate cell phones in his class, being late for class, disrupting the class, or tolerate random special exceptions for missing tests for homework. Overall, he was a very good conservative. Which is why he got the label “racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic”. 

I was very saddened to hear of him being forced out by the UNC administration and his passing. I would not be surprised if there was foul play involved. 

• Agree (+1) 1

Ticked@TinselTown

This stinks to high heaven and his family should have their own investigation rather than leave it to the police to find out what happened to him.

I'm sorry, but in this climate with the corrupt bullsh*t run amok, there are too many people pulling too many strings out of fear, cowardice and complicit intent to allow something like to be handled by 'the usual suspects', pardon the pun.

As for Professor BJ Randolph, his input is biased and askew and the tweet in question was a clear comment on the response to COVID and nothing more, but when one makes their stock in trade by twisting words and events to suit their agenda, this kind of garbage is what you get.

• Agree (+1) 2

MontyPython
1 hour ago, Junto said:

1234.jpg

What a "shock". <_< 

38 minutes ago, moocow said:

Mike Adams was a great writer. He had a column on Townhall, where he covered a range of issues. Some of his columns were posted in this site, but haven’t seen him mentioned for quite a while. He was, based on his columns, a devout Christian. He was firmly against gay marriage, for concealed carry, for free speech (particularly on college campuses), was very pro-manners. He didn’t tolerate cell phones in his class, being late for class, disrupting the class, or tolerate random special exceptions for missing tests for homework. Overall, he was a very good conservative. Which is why he got the label “racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic”. 

I was very saddened to hear of him being forced out by the UNC administration and his passing. I would not be surprised if there was foul play involved. 

Thanks. It's pretty close to what I figured.

<_< 

• Agree (+1) 1

Natural Selection

The second civil war has started right before our eyes and we haven't really acknowledged it. The first civil war probably started the same way.

• Agree (+1) 1

Dean Adam Smithee

This site says death by GSW (Gun Shot Wound) and sort of, almost, implies self-inflicted without actually saying it.

image-15-475x142.png

That they closed the Crime Scene log after only ~2-1/2 hrs (14:10 - 16:49) suggests that they saw no reason to leave it open.

moocow
27 minutes ago, Dean Adam Smithee said:

This site says death by GSW (Gun Shot Wound) and sort of, almost, implies self-inflicted without actually saying it.

image-15-475x142.png

That they closed the Crime Scene log after only ~2-1/2 hrs (14:10 - 16:49) suggests that they saw no reason to leave it open.

If true, that’s very sad. He was a tenured professor, a known conservative in a communist university, made many enemies of the faculty and administration, and remained for many years. The fact that he suddenly “took retirement” could indicate he was under massive stress. Of course, I’m still not 100% convinced there’s no foul play. 

Ticked@TinselTown
5 minutes ago, moocow said:

If true, that’s very sad. He was a tenured professor, a known conservative in a communist university, made many enemies of the faculty and administration, and remained for many years. The fact that he suddenly “took retirement” could indicate he was under massive stress. Of course, I’m still not 100% convinced there’s no foul play. 

I agree with you.

There's alot here that doesn't add up.

But, I'm sure his death cert will show COVID as the cause of death and in November he'll be casting his vote for Biden, so... s'all good, right?<_<

Shaky McSelfie

damn, that is just awful.  I believe we are in dangerous times.

zurg
23 hours ago, moocow said:

Given the aggressive statement by the other faculty member, I'm definitely in the corner of not assuming suicide. How often have we seen this play out like this? Too many to count.

Also, let me guess, "autopsy was not requested" by the family? (Who of course wasn't coerced or anything. They just somehow "know" he shot himself. A niece will pop up sooner or later to speak for the family. Coincidentally, the niece has a book deal and decides to retire in Cayman Islands.)