To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
pepperonikkid

NFL’s Mike Ditka blasts kneelers: ‘If you can’t respect our national anthem, get the hell out of the country’

Rate this topic

pepperonikkid

NFL’s Mike Ditka blasts kneelers: ‘If you can’t respect our national anthem, get the hell out of the country’

https://www.bizpacreview.com/

Jon Dougherty 

July 26, 2020

Article:

Former NFL player and head coach Mike Ditka ripped American sports athletes showing a lack of “respect” for the country by kneeling during the National Anthem, suggesting they ought to leave the United States if they’re that unhappy with the country.

“If it was up to me, I’d say no,” Ditka, 80, a college and NFL Hall of Fame player as well as a legendary Chicago Bears coach, told TMZ Sports when asked what he thought about the kneeling.

“If you can’t respect our national anthem, get the hell out of the country. That’s the way I feel. Of course, I’m old fashioned. So, I’m only going to say what I feel. I think there’s a way you protest and there’s a way you don’t protest.

“You don’t protest against the flag, you don’t against this country [that] has given you the opportunity to make a living playing a sport that you never thought would happen,” he continued.

“So, I don’t wanna hear all the crap,” he added.

Full Story

• Best Post (+1) 4

ThePatriot

I'm tellin' ya - come November, it's Trump in a landslide!!!

• Agree (+1) 3

Rock N' Roll Right Winger
Posted (edited)

1pxtwp.jpg

Ditka can kick all of da SJW's candy asses with his arms and legs tied behind his back without even getting out of bed in da morning!

Edited by Rock N' Roll Right Winger
  • Haha (+1) 3

Noclevermoniker
6 minutes ago, Rock N' Roll Right Winger said:

1pxtwp.jpg

Ditka can kick all of da SJW's candy asses with his arms and legs tied behind his back without even getting out of bed in da morning!

Daaa Bearsss

• Agree (+1) 2

zurg

👍

Let’s see if a different opinion is allowed and talked about at all. 

• Agree (+1) 2

MontyPython

I've always liked Mike Ditka. Now I like him even more.

:2up: 

• Agree (+1) 2

Ticked@TinselTown

I must say I wholeheartedly agree with Mr. Ditka!

• Agree (+1) 3

Tikk
8 hours ago, Rock N' Roll Right Winger said:

1pxtwp.jpg

While having a heart attack.

• Agree (+1) 1

LongKnife
9 hours ago, zurg said:

👍

Let’s see if a different opinion is allowed and talked about at all. 

He’s already been attacked and, of course, called a racist.

zurg
2 hours ago, LongKnife said:

He’s already been attacked and, of course, called a racist.

Of course. That is so low. 

RedSoloCup

:clap:

Skipjack

Iron Mike hails from a time when football was worth watching and the players were men you could admire (tho' some had their vices).  Guess I'm ahead of my time in that I stopped caring a few years after the Colts left Baltimore.

• Agree (+1) 2

Dean Adam Smithee
8 hours ago, Skipjack said:

Iron Mike hails from a time when football was worth watching and the players were men you could admire (tho' some had their vices).  Guess I'm ahead of my time in that I stopped caring a few years after the Colts left Baltimore.

Yeah, I lived in southern Indiana when they became "ours". It just never sat right - kinda sucks that we couldn't form our own team but for buying someone else's.

Dean Adam Smithee

Back on topic, I agree with Iron Mike. There are those who should be reminded that our borders are not only open coming in, but going out as well. 

Hieronymous
22 hours ago, MontyPython said:

I've always liked Mike Ditka. Now I like him even more.

:2up: 

Except for that time he traded an entire draft for the right to draft a guy who felt that weed was the most important thing in his life...

MontyPython
1 hour ago, Hieronymous said:

Except for that time he traded an entire draft for the right to draft a guy who felt that weed was the most important thing in his life...

I admit I have no idea who you're talking about, when it happened, why, etc etc etc.

As much as I (used to) love watching pro football, I never (used to) care about the "politics" involved so I never paid any attention to the "draft". 

:shrug: 

Hieronymous
49 minutes ago, MontyPython said:

I admit I have no idea who you're talking about, when it happened, why, etc etc etc.

As much as I (used to) love watching pro football, I never (used to) care about the "politics" involved so I never paid any attention to the "draft". 

https://www.canalstreetchronicles.com/2014/4/17/5623840/nfl-draft-saints-ricky-williams-mike-ditka-trade

Hard to believe it was over 20 years ago.

Still like Ditka though.  He's a football guy.

MontyPython
45 minutes ago, Hieronymous said:

https://www.canalstreetchronicles.com/2014/4/17/5623840/nfl-draft-saints-ricky-williams-mike-ditka-trade

Hard to believe it was over 20 years ago.

Still like Ditka though.  He's a football guy.

Thanks, but it still goes right over my head, LOL. I've just never paid any attention to such stuff. I loved to watch the game being played (before they started spitting on the flag and the anthem), and could usually name at least a few of the standout players on my home team, the Seahawks. Beyond that my "knowledge" of the "intricacies" behind pro football hovers right around zero. I don't care how any specific player gets "chosen" or what "deals" are made or what "incentives" are offered or anything else like that. Just play the damn game. I'll get a sixpack and some popcorn and cheer when ya do good, and roll my eyes when ya don't. Other than that I really just don't know and don't care.