To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
pepperonikkid

White Lives Don't Matter: Iconic FDNY Hero Loses This Honor, Because Of Skin Color

Rate this topic

pepperonikkid

White Lives Don't Matter: Iconic FDNY Hero Loses This Honor, Because Of Skin Color

https://www.blabber.buzz/conservative-news

Written by Breaking

July 27, 2020 

Article:

825327a127d162bfdf140bf06c071d64_M.jpg

After the 9/11 tragedy in 2001, a photograph of three firefighters raising the American flag at Ground Zero became iconic for the people. The protagonists of this picture were George Johnson, Billy Eisengrein and Daniel McWilliams.

But in 2017, when McWilliams intended to participate in a memorial to honor deceased members of the Vulcan Society – a fraternal group of black FDNY firefighters – its president Regina Wilson had in return asked him to “help in a different capacity”, due to the fact that he, unlike the majority of members, is white.

As a result, McWilliams reported the racial bias complaint to New York’s Division of Human Rights. According to the lawsuit, he was originally chosen by the FDNY Ceremonial Unit to serve in the Memorial Mass holding the flag in the color guard, but Wilson wanted to remove him because of her specific goal of having an all-black color guard. She claims it is “most definitely” okay to keep a white firefighter out of said event based on his skin color.

CNN reported the lawsuit also includes a screenshot of a text conversation with Wilson, which says: “Please know that l have asked Lt Williams to help in a different capacity for the ceremony today. l want to have (an) all black color guard and have asked one of my members to stand in”.

Moreover, a complaint was presented on the behalf of McWilliams to the FDNY’s Equal Employment Opportunity Office. The conclusion of the investigation was that there was “sufficient credible and corroborating evidence” regarding the racial bias on the color guard.

Full Story

Howsithangin
Posted (edited)

I saw this the other day on UK Daily Mail.  I had to go take a walk.

Seriously, our skin has become our Yellow Star of David Patch.  How soon until the nifty tattoos?

The most enraging part of all this?  Whites built Western Civilization. With East Asians, we have built the 21s Century, with little help from most places south of the Equator.  If it weren't for whites, half the globe would still be chucking spears at monkeys.

Edited by Howsithangin
  • Best Post (+1) 2

Ticked@TinselTown

Tolerance has spawned a level of idiocy and hypocrisy that is staggering, and I, for one, am thoroughly sick of it.

• Agree (+1) 3

Rock N' Roll Right Winger

Call it what it is.

Discrimination and racism against whites.

• Agree (+1) 1

Joe the Pagan

Any one else remember when they were going to make a statue about the flag raising.  The artist wanted to make the scene more racially diverse by removing two of the White firefighters and replacing them with a Black and Hispanic firefighters. 

• Agree (+1) 2

MontyPython

I realize it has gotten to the point of cliché but it's still the best way to demonstrate outright racism - Just reword the quote:

Take the quote "l want to have an all black color guard" and change it to "I want to have an all white color guard". Then picture the nationwide uproar. It would be a perfectly justified uproar, because it would be a shamelessly racist statement. And that clearly demonstrates why the original comment was ALSO shamelessly racist.

<_< 

• Agree (+1) 1

RedSoloCup
9 hours ago, Ticked@TinselTown said:

Tolerance has spawned a level of idiocy and hypocrisy that is staggering, and I, for one, am thoroughly sick of it.

:exactly:

3 hours ago, Rock N' Roll Right Winger said:

Call it what it is.

Discrimination and racism against whites.

Leftist- "But it's not when black people do it. Reparations!!!!11111!!!!"

• Agree (+1) 1

oki

Part of writing past injustices(racial or what ever) is making sure not to make new ones.