To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
Junto

More video released of Black Indiana man getting mauled by police dog (WARNING: GRAPHIC)

Rate this topic

Junto
Posted (edited)

More video released of Black Indiana man getting mauled by police dog (WARNING: GRAPHIC)

By Lauren Theisen

New York Daily News |

Jul 26, 2020 at 11:22 PM

Richard Bailey Jr., a Black man from Northwestern Indiana, says he was the victim of an “extraordinarily violent” attack by a police dog when he was arrested by Lafayette police officers back in May. As a special prosecutor and the state police investigate those allegations of excessive force, more video footage and audio surrounding Bailey’s arrest has been released by authorities.

Previously released video from Bailey’s lawyers showed officers telling Bailey to get off a moped, warning him that they will use the dog if he does not comply, then releasing the dog. The additional evidence was released on Saturday by police “in response to public concern and media representation that do not include all the facts and circumstances,” according to Chief Patrick Flannelly.

Link

---

As I've posted on here before - I have a big problem with using a dog for something like this - and the ONLY reason the dog was used here was because they could use it.  They basically held a man down and let a dog run up and maul his neck.  Between 3 officers, the only option was immediately to release a dog?  No taser, No pepper spray, No wrestling - which would have been used had the dog not been there - NOPE - close to a death by dog mauling because it was easier (and more punishing).  Think they would have used a dog on the 80 year old white grandmother who refused arrest too?

Edited by Junto
  • Agree (+1) 1

Junto

I especially like the part where the dog is mauling his neck for 30 seconds, and they are telling him 'stop fighting the dog' while they hold him down because he is moving (while a dog is killing him). 

• Agree (+1) 1

Hieronymous
Posted (edited)

The guy is a dirtbag, but he didn't deserve that.  

Edited by Hieronymous
  • Agree (+1) 2

Junto
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Hieronymous said:

The guy is a dirtbag, but he didn't deserve that.  

I agree (assuming the charges are correct) and agree he didn't deserve that. The thing is - those cops do not know what he did or didn't do - only what he is 'accused' of.  Being accused of a crime does not warrant death by dog because the cops felt like ripping a man apart for sport. 

ETA - I know he didn't die - but the coma for 6 days indicates he came pretty close. 

Edited by Junto
  • Agree (+1) 1

Rock N' Roll Right Winger
Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Junto said:

I especially like the part where the dog is mauling his neck for 30 seconds, and they are telling him 'stop fighting the dog' while they hold him down because he is moving (while a dog is killing him). 

Yeah, that is something very stupid that police do,  demand that one accepts being assaulted by them, lay there motionless and take every blow and not do natural reflexive things like covering up.

Also gleefully accept every bite, tear, laceration from their dog without resistance and if you do cover up or swing at or push away the dog you are "assaulting an officer".

:bs:

Edited by Rock N' Roll Right Winger
  • Agree (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Junto said:

I agree (assuming the charges are correct) and agree he didn't deserve that. The thing is - those cops do not know what he did or didn't do - only what he is 'accused' of.  Being accused of a crime does not warrant death by dog because the cops felt like ripping a man apart for sport. 

ETA - I know he didn't die - but the coma for 6 days indicates he came pretty close. 

I remember the one video where the cops set a dog upon someone and it ripped the mans entire face off.

That was nothing short of attempted murder.

• Agree (+1) 2

oki

Un f'ng believable.  Threaten the guy with a Dog fine, BUT, the man was on his freaken' knees at the time they set the dog on him, it at least did not appear he was resisting(at least not much), AND WHAT THE F IS UP WITH THE DOG BITING THE MANS NECK OR AT LEAST UPPER SHOULDER AREA?  Okay, the guy was not co operative, was belligerent, maybe had a history had beat on people, hell maybe he was even the anti Christ.  I really try to give benefit of a doubt to Officers, but good God, can someone tell me how in the hell a K-9 was justified?  Much less explain why that dog went after the neck area, I thought that was a no no.

• Agree (+1) 1

oki
42 minutes ago, Rock N' Roll Right Winger said:

I remember the one video where the cops set a dog upon someone and it ripped the mans entire face off.

That was nothing short of attempted murder.

You should see the one where a poor woman was simply taking out the trash one morning and a Police K-9 tried to rip her arm off.  THEN WOULDN'T OBEY COMMANDS TO RELEASE.

Just need to warn ya' this is awful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mO8gRCVLRYI

That poor women's screams are enough to make a person want to cry.

Police K-9's are an indispensable tool that has saved many Officers and even Civilians lives, BUT, training and proper use is critical.

• Agree (+1) 1

Junto
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, oki said:

Un f'ng believable.  Threaten the guy with a Dog fine, BUT, the man was on his freaken' knees at the time they set the dog on him, it at least did not appear he was resisting(at least not much), AND WHAT THE F IS UP WITH THE DOG BITING THE MANS NECK OR AT LEAST UPPER SHOULDER AREA?  Okay, the guy was not co operative, was belligerent, maybe had a history had beat on people, hell maybe he was even the anti Christ.  I really try to give benefit of a doubt to Officers, but good God, can someone tell me how in the hell a K-9 was justified?  Much less explain why that dog went after the neck area, I thought that was a no no.

4 minutes ago, oki said:

You should see the one where a poor woman was simply taking out the trash one morning and a Police K-9 tried to rip her arm off.  THEN WOULDN'T OBEY COMMANDS TO RELEASE.

Just need to warn ya' this is awful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mO8gRCVLRYI

That poor women's screams are enough to make a person want to cry.

Police K-9's are an indispensable tool that has saved many Officers and even Civilians lives, BUT, training and proper use is critical.

We've been told here that the dogs will stop biting on verbal command immediately. :rollseyes: The idea that the officers have much control over a dog viciously attacking another human being, especially 'where' they attack is laughable - if it wasn't so terrifying and sad.  We are told they are allowed to let the dog continue its attack if the suspect fights at all - so that is why in this video you see them say 'stop fighting the dog' as it is ripping this man's neck apart. Remember the dog emasculating the other perp and it was met with cheers and laughter on here?  Not some domestic terrorist - just a guy getting arrested and the dog basically ripped his genitalia to pieces.

Edited by Junto

oki
1 minute ago, Junto said:

We've been told here that the dogs will stop biting on verbal command immediately. :rollseyes: The idea that the officers have much control over a dog viciously attacking another human being, especially 'where' they attack is laughable - if it wasn't so terrifying and sad.  Remember the dog emasculating the other perp and it was met with cheers and laughter on here?  Not some domestic terrorist - just a guy getting arrested and the dog basically ripped his genitalia to pieces.

I don't remember that incident, either way no matter how justified we may think something is or how much someone may 'deserve it', they must act in accordance to the law themselves and cannot become judge, jury and executioner.  AND, K-9's must obey and have proper training(as do handlers). 

5 minutes ago, Junto said:

We've been told here that the dogs will stop biting on verbal command immediately. :rollseyes: The idea that the officers have much control over a dog viciously attacking another human being, especially 'where' they attack is laughable - if it wasn't so terrifying and sad.  We are told they are allowed to let the dog continue its attack if the suspect fights at all - so that is why in this video you see them say 'stop fighting the dog' as it is ripping this man's neck apart. Remember the dog emasculating the other perp and it was met with cheers and laughter on here?  Not some domestic terrorist - just a guy getting arrested and the dog basically ripped his genitalia to pieces.

Every once in awhile there is a perp that does deserve it.

• Disagree (-1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, oki said:

I don't remember that incident, either way no matter how justified we may think something is or how much someone may 'deserve it', they must act in accordance to the law themselves and cannot become judge, jury and executioner.  AND, K-9's must obey and have proper training(as do handlers). 

There lies the problem. Both are rarely ever held accountable and any victim is not allowed any legal right to defend themself against such unlawful assaults.

I believe that a person should have the right to use deadly force against police when they are unlawfully and unjustifiably attacking and assaulting anyone.

Right now one is required under the law to just sit back and accept it and hope that they can live to get their day in court and also not be maimed or crippled for life.

Edited by Rock N' Roll Right Winger
  • Disagree (-1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 1

Junto
5 minutes ago, Rock N' Roll Right Winger said:

Every once in awhile there is a perp that does deserve it.

Possibly.  Examples thrown out like an officer by himself with an armed suspect hiding somewhere - I am a lot more sympathetic.  When the Dallas terrorist was shooting cops - sure (I believe they used a remote controlled robot to kill him which I didn't have a problem with it).

Taggart Transcontinental
1 hour ago, Junto said:

By Lauren Theisen

New York Daily News |

Jul 26, 2020 at 11:22 PM

Richard Bailey Jr., a Black man from Northwestern Indiana, says he was the victim of an “extraordinarily violent” attack by a police dog when he was arrested by Lafayette police officers back in May. As a special prosecutor and the state police investigate those allegations of excessive force, more video footage and audio surrounding Bailey’s arrest has been released by authorities.

Previously released video from Bailey’s lawyers showed officers telling Bailey to get off a moped, warning him that they will use the dog if he does not comply, then releasing the dog. The additional evidence was released on Saturday by police “in response to public concern and media representation that do not include all the facts and circumstances,” according to Chief Patrick Flannelly.

Link

---

As I've posted on here before - I have a big problem with using a dog for something like this - and the ONLY reason the dog was used here was because they could use it.  They basically held a man down and let a dog run up and maul his neck.  Between 3 officers, the only option was immediately to release a dog?  No taser, No pepper spray, No wrestling - which would have been used had the dog not been there - NOPE - close to a death by dog mauling because it was easier (and more punishing).  Think they would have used a dog on the 80 year old white grandmother who refused arrest too?

So cops are required to wrestle a person now? Let me check my use of force training. Nope, no wrestling. In fact when you bring a gun to a fight you try and avoid wrestling. As far as the dog goes, did they warn him about it? Did he choose not to comply? Every time someone chooses to not comply with a lawful order we get the "he was a victim" chorus. Sorry the only victim here is his decision making skills. Comply and no issues. Pulled over a nice young black male yesterday for driving without headlights. Probably a bit of MJ in his system or so that would indicate, in his case he just didn't know how to turn the lights on. Yes with young people this does happen and they choose to drive. Just showed him where the lights were and he was on his way. That's compliance, no arguments no crap just yes and no Sir, on both sides of the discussion and he was on his way. He didn't become a doggy chew toy. It's not a cops fault you make dumb decisions.

• Agree (+1) 3

oki
10 minutes ago, Rock N' Roll Right Winger said:

There lies the problem. Both are rarely ever held accountable and any victim is not allowed any legal right to defend themself against such unlawful assaults.

I believe that a person should have the right to use deadly force against police when they are unlawfully and unjustifiably attacking and assaulting anyone.

Right now one is required under the law to just sit back and accept it and hope that they can live to get their day in court and also not be maimed or crippled for life.

Can't argue that.  Hopefully people are held accountable.

7 minutes ago, Taggart Transcontinental said:

So cops are required to wrestle a person now? Let me check my use of force training. Nope, no wrestling. In fact when you bring a gun to a fight you try and avoid wrestling. As far as the dog goes, did they warn him about it? Did he choose not to comply? Every time someone chooses to not comply with a lawful order we get the "he was a victim" chorus. Sorry the only victim here is his decision making skills. Comply and no issues. Pulled over a nice young black male yesterday for driving without headlights. Probably a bit of MJ in his system or so that would indicate, in his case he just didn't know how to turn the lights on. Yes with young people this does happen and they choose to drive. Just showed him where the lights were and he was on his way. That's compliance, no arguments no crap just yes and no Sir, on both sides of the discussion and he was on his way. He didn't become a doggy chew toy. It's not a cops fault you make dumb decisions.

The response should also appropriately fit the circumstance and crime.

Not like shooting a jaywalker for refusing to stop? :lol:

• Agree (+1) 2

oki
3 minutes ago, Taggart Transcontinental said:

Hell of a slippery slope..  Your right, had he complied he wouldn't have gotten bit.  But at the same time non compliance cannot always justify the use of what ever force the Officer deems necessary.    Problem is if we go down a road to where not complying means what ever force the officer deems necessary it won't be long before we are in a very very bad state. 

• Agree (+1) 2

Taggart Transcontinental
2 minutes ago, Rock N' Roll Right Winger said:

The response should also appropriately fit the circumstance and crime.

Not like shooting a jaywalker for refusing to stop? :lol:

Here's the problem, like all other video's out there. There is no context. I am not here apologizing for this crap, or defending it. One thing that we all forget you have no idea when the "routine" becomes a murder scene. Every traffic stop is routine until it's not. Go out and do a patrol with your local PD and you may understand it. Why did he choose not to comply? Did he have a weapon? Did he have drugs? Did he want to make a point?

Simply stepping down and following instructions is not going to get you hurt. Deciding NOT to comply with the request of an office may get you hurt, or it may land you in jail. I am not required to wrestle with someone that wants to fight me. I am required to enforce the law.

• Agree (+1) 2

Taggart Transcontinental
4 minutes ago, oki said:

Hell of a slippery slope..  Your right, had he complied he wouldn't have gotten bit.  But at the same time non compliance cannot always justify the use of what ever force the Officer deems necessary.    Problem is if we go down a road to where not complying means what ever force the officer deems necessary it won't be long before we are in a very very bad state. 

Then again, we shall see won't we? This is just another excuse to attempt to cash in. Notice this was a MAY use of force, that suddenly in this political climate becomes an issue now. If a cop is driving down the road and someone takes off running, does the officer then gain reasonable suspicion to actually investigate this?

Junto
15 minutes ago, Taggart Transcontinental said:

Wow. So you would use the dog on the 80yr old lady too - because you aren't required to wrestle? Some people aren't in the right state of mind to comply - we don't issue death sentences bringing them into compliance.Your either full of something typing out your reply or deserving of something else for believing it.

E Van der Vliet

Why didn’t the dog simply shoot the gun out of his hand?  🤔

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Agree (+1) 2

Taggart Transcontinental
9 minutes ago, Junto said:

Wow. So you would use the dog on the 80yr old lady too - because you aren't required to wrestle? Some people aren't in the right state of mind to comply - we don't issue death sentences bringing them into compliance.Your either full of something typing out your reply or deserving of something else for believing it.

That's exactly what I would do. You know, EXACTLY because you pulled that ridiculous nonsense out of your pocket. I went recently to a call of an 84 year old woman that was known to keep a 357 Magnum in her walker, I brought a dog, a rocket launcher and full plate mail to that call so I could disarm her without putting myself at risk. In the end no one was hurt and the lady though slightly old and a bit out of it was not a danger to herself nor anyone else. But yes holy crap I would have put that dog on her.

Do you really have any sort of reality you check in with?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Agree (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, erp said:

Why didn’t the dog simply shoot the gun out of his hand?  🤔

Aim for the legs! :lol:

• Agree (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Junto said:

I wouldn't go that far. Taggart isn't that kind of a guy.

• Agree (+1) 1

Junto
5 minutes ago, Rock N' Roll Right Winger said:

I wouldn't go that far. Taggart isn't that kind of a guy.

Tag the man, sure.  Tag the cop - stay safe out there with that attitude.