To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
kestrel

Perspective: St. Louis Has 12 Coronavirus Deaths in July and 47 Homicides in July (so far)

Rate this topic

kestrel

Perspective: St. Louis Has 12 Coronavirus Deaths in July and 47 Homicides in July

By Jim Hoft
Published July 29, 2020 at 7:20am

St. Louis Homicide Pandemic:
** In July there were 12 Coronavirus deaths in St. Louis city.
** In July there were 47 murders in St. Louis city.

There have been 167 coronavirus deaths in St. Louis City this year.

And there have been from 143 to 150 homicides in St. Louis so far this year.

Homicides are far outpacing coronavirus deaths in St. Louis.

LINK:https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/07/perspective-st-louis-12-coronavirus-deaths-july-47-homicides-july/

zurg

Sobering statistic.

Helen A Handbasket

It's interesting how the media are reporting mostly on cases, and not deaths. If the death rate is stable, which it seems to be, and cases are increasing, then that's good. It means the fatality rate is lower than they anticipated. But you don't hear anyone talking about that.

• Agree (+1) 3

Dean Adam Smithee
1 hour ago, kestrel said:

There have been 167 coronavirus deaths in St. Louis City this year.

And there have been from 143 to 150 homicides in St. Louis so far this year.

Homicides are far outpacing coronavirus deaths in St. Louis.

I'm not sure I agree with that statement. Today is day 211 of 2020. First Homicide(s) in STL were on Jan 1, or 211 days ago:

STLtoday.com (Jan 2): Five homicides in first morning of 2020 in St. Louis

First COVID-19 death wasn't until March 22nd, or Day 82, which 129 days ago.

STLAmerican.com (March 24): Jazmond Dixon, 31, is first COVID-19 death in St. Louis City (She'd actually died 2 days prior on Sunday the 22nd)

How is 150 Homicides in 211 days, an average of 0.7/day,  "far outpacing" 167 COVID-19 deaths in 129 days, an average of 1.3/day?

Dean Adam Smithee
1 hour ago, zurg said:

Sobering statistic.

Sobering, but meaningless, except in the sense that it's a comparison of two thing that are BOTH largely preventable. How 'bout we do what needs to be done to get BOTH down to zero? Especially regarding the things that we DO, individually, have control over?

kestrel
8 minutes ago, Dean Adam Smithee said:

I'm not sure I agree with that statement. Today is day 211 of 2020. First Homicide(s) in STL were on Jan 1, or 211 days ago:

STLtoday.com (Jan 2): Five homicides in first morning of 2020 in St. Louis

First COVID-19 death wasn't until March 22nd, or Day 82, which 129 days ago.

STLAmerican.com (March 24): Jazmond Dixon, 31, is first COVID-19 death in St. Louis City (She'd actually died 2 days prior on Sunday the 22nd)

How is 150 Homicides in 211 days, an average of 0.7/day,  "far outpacing" 167 COVID-19 deaths in 129 days, an average of 1.3/day?

Meh...I'm not sure I agree with your statement "First COVID-19 death wasn't until March 22nd, or Day 82, which 129 days ago." How do you/they know this? Did you go and dig up all those people that died of suicide/motorcycle crashes/cancer/heart attacks/terminal dumb-ass

and then there's this...

Corona Virus Deaths Worldwide January 2020 to July 2020  = 661,724

TB Deaths Worldwide January 2017 to July 2017 = 933,7038

Kestrel...

gravelrash

Yes, sloppy analysis. I hate math but I know which number is bigger. That's why I review the facts when I see exaggeration.

kestrel
12 minutes ago, Dean Adam Smithee said:

Sobering, but meaningless, except in the sense that it's a comparison of two thing that are BOTH largely preventable. How 'bout we do what needs to be done to get BOTH down to zero? Especially regarding the things that we DO, individually, have control over?

Deal!..You wear your mask and I won't shoot any people in St Louis or Chicago or NYC or Baltimore..Whoo Hooo! :biglaugh:

Kestrel...

kestrel
11 minutes ago, gravelrash said:

Yes, sloppy analysis. I hate math but I know which number is bigger. That's why I review the facts when I see exaggeration.

Maybe they just haven't counted up all the motorcycle/car wreck/suicide/gunshot/parachute failure/and victims of Donald Trump! Associated with C-19"""

Kestrel...

• Haha (+1) 1

zipndun
1 hour ago, Helen A Handbasket said:

It's interesting how the media are reporting mostly on cases, and not deaths. If the death rate is stable, which it seems to be, and cases are increasing, then that's good. It means the fatality rate is lower than they anticipated. But you don't hear anyone talking about that.

If they did talk about it, they couldn't justify this masking BS.

• Like (+1) 1

Dean Adam Smithee
5 minutes ago, kestrel said:

Meh...I'm not sure I agree with your statement "First COVID-19 death wasn't until March 22nd, or Day 82, which 129 days ago." How do you/they know this? Did you go and dig up all those people that died of suicide/motorcycle crashes/cancer/heart attacks/terminal dumb-ass

and then there's this...

Corona Virus Deaths Worldwide January 2020 to July 2020  = 661,724

TB Deaths Worldwide January 2017 to July 2017 = 933,7038

Kestrel...

I'm sure we could compare one thing to another all day, including (Granny Smith) Apples to (Red Delicious) Apples. What Is America’s Favorite Apple Variety? (Infographic)

But the fact remains that I don't want to die of EITHER COVId-10 OR TB, and I'll do everything that I have a personal choice over to prevent either.

And, for the record, I ALSO do everything I have a personal choice over to minimize the risk of dying of HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis, Lung Cancer or various other cancers, Syphilis,  Ebola/Marburg, Flu, Polio, Tetanus, Viral Meningitis, Leprosy, Bubonic Plague, Earthquakes, Hurricanes, Volcanos, Plane crashes, Train Wrecks, Car Accidents, Electrocution, Being drowned in a vat of Molasses, Starvation, Obesity, Riding a Segway off a Cliff, being sucked into a jet engine, being being bitten by a King Cobra during a "performance", eating garden slugs as a dare, eating too many Lampreys, or even, ESPECIALLY even, Anal sex with a stallion.

One can't eliminate risk because, as Damon Runyon once wrote, "All life is 6-to-5-against" LOL. But one can MINIMIZE risk.

Dean Adam Smithee
39 minutes ago, kestrel said:

Deal!..You wear your mask and I won't shoot any people in St Louis or Chicago or NYC or Baltimore..Whoo Hooo! :biglaugh:

Kestrel...

Deal. I do what I can to not become a homicide statistic in STL, AND, and a bonus, I do what I can to not either become or contribute to COVID-19 statistics in the Atlanta GA area.

kestrel
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Dean Adam Smithee said:

I'm sure we could compare one thing to another all day, including (Granny Smith) Apples to (Red Delicious) Apples. What Is America’s Favorite Apple Variety? (Infographic)

But the fact remains that I don't want to die of EITHER COVId-10 OR TB, and I'll do everything that I have a personal choice over to prevent either.

And, for the record, I ALSO do everything I have a personal choice over to minimize the risk of dying of HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis, Lung Cancer or various other cancers, Syphilis,  Ebola/Marburg, Flu, Polio, Tetanus, Viral Meningitis, Leprosy, Bubonic Plague, Earthquakes, Hurricanes, Volcanos, Plane crashes, Train Wrecks, Car Accidents, Electrocution, Being drowned in a vat of Molasses, Starvation, Obesity, Riding a Segway off a Cliff, being sucked into a jet engine, being being bitten by a King Cobra during a "performance", eating garden slugs as a dare, eating too many Lampreys, or even, ESPECIALLY even, Anal sex with a stallion.

One can't eliminate risk because, as Damon Runyon once wrote, "All life is 6-to-5-against" LOL. But one can MINIMIZE risk.

For the record I can certainly give you KUDO'S for refraining from all the above (especially Anal sex with a stallion however  that works) but I have to say I didn't see any similar pledges to not murder people's of colors  in the inner cities... an innocent oversight I'm sure.

Kestrel...

P.S. what the heck is " COVId-10"? I wouldn't presume to find fault with you on this given your extensive medical wherewithal-wtf (Volunteer or otherwise) I'm just not sure I'm ready for another bout of the Wuhan Cooties whatever the iteration.

Edited by kestrel

Buckwheat Jones

I live in St. Louis. Murder is a bigger deal than the corona. 

kestrel
1 hour ago, Buckwheat Jones said:

I live in St. Louis. Murder is a bigger deal than the corona. 

Not to worry Buckwheat, with just a bit of persuasion I'm sure you can convince certain "experts" here to mitigate both things...:):):)

Kestrel...

zipndun
4 hours ago, Dean Adam Smithee said:

Serialise you self then

zurg
6 hours ago, Dean Adam Smithee said:

Not meaningless - the fact that they're even in the same ballpark is indeed sobering.

Either covid deaths are so low as to not be meaningful in St Louis, or murders are so high as to be extremely meaningful, i.e. politicians are doing city management wrong.

Howsithangin

Well now that's inconvenient. <_<

No lefty participation. How...unexpected

Dean Adam Smithee
8 hours ago, zurg said:

Not meaningless - the fact that they're even in the same ballpark is indeed sobering.

Either covid deaths are so low as to not be meaningful in St Louis, or murders are so high as to be extremely meaningful, i.e. politicians are doing city management wrong.

I suspect it's the same in STL as here in the Atlanta area, and it goes to why the "Broken Windows" style of policing was so effective in NYC under Giuliani et al. Reduce the major crimes by enforcing the laws regarding  the minor crimes. The problem is that if you DON'T enforce the minor stuff, however petty it may seem in any given instance, then the people committing the minor offenses - ESPECIALLY amongst a certain demographic - pretty soon get the idea that they can get away with ANYTHING including murder.

In Atlanta, APD officers and especially white APD officers now think twice about encountering that certain demographic over any offense, knowing that any given trivial situation could easily turn into the next Rayshard Brooks incident with themselves facing a capital murder charge. The results are self-evident: in just the past month and a half since the June 12th Brooks incident, crime in inner-city Atlanta has skyrocketed.

zurg
16 minutes ago, Dean Adam Smithee said:

I suspect it's the same in STL as here in the Atlanta area, and it goes to why the "Broken Windows" style of policing was so effective in NYC under Giuliani et al. Reduce the major crimes by enforcing the laws regarding  the minor crimes. The problem is that if you DON'T enforce the minor stuff, however petty it may seem in any given instance, then the people committing the minor offenses - ESPECIALLY amongst a certain demographic - pretty soon get the idea that they can get away with ANYTHING including murder.

In Atlanta, APD officers and especially white APD officers now think twice about encountering that certain demographic over any offense, knowing that any given trivial situation could easily turn into the next Rayshard Brooks incident with themselves facing a capital murder charge. The results are self-evident: in just the past month and a half since the June 12th Brooks incident, crime in inner-city Atlanta has skyrocketed.

The fact that incidents QUICKLY turn into public mayhem protests means that the mayhem is being planned on continuously, made essentially ready to go, just waiting for the GO signal. 

If no incidents happen for a while, they probably discuss how to manufacture a couple. Why? Because this is what they draw their livelihood from. Unrest. Peace doesn’t pay for them. (It’s called “community organizing” when presidential candidates do the planning.) 

kestrel
10 hours ago, zurg said:

The fact that incidents QUICKLY turn into public mayhem protests means that the mayhem is being planned on continuously, made essentially ready to go, just waiting for the GO signal. 

If no incidents happen for a while, they probably discuss how to manufacture a couple. Why? Because this is what they draw their livelihood from. Unrest. Peace doesn’t pay for them. (It’s called “community organizing” when presidential candidates do the planning.) 

Makes sense No?

"There is another class of coloured people who make a business of keeping the troubles, the wrongs, and the hardships of the Negro race before the public. Having learned that they are able to make a living out of their troubles, they have grown into the settled habit of advertising their wrongs — partly because they want sympathy and partly because it pays. Some of these people do not want the Negro to lose his grievances, because they do do not want to lose their jobs."

Booker T Washington..written in 1910 (an aside NAACP was started in 1909..coincidence?)

Kestrel...