To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
Liz

Trump Repeals Obama-Biden Rule: Suburbanites ‘Will No Longer Be’ ‘Hurt’ By ‘Low Income Housing’ Built In Neighborhoods

Rate this topic

Liz

The Daily Wire

By  Amanda Prestigiacomo

Jul 29, 2020   

Excerpt:

On Wednesday, President Donald Trump said via Twitter that Americans living the “Suburban Lifestyle Dream” will no longer be “bothered or financially hurt by having low income housing” built in their neighborhoods, referencing the recent repeal of the Obama era “Affirmatively Furthering Fair Housing,” or AFFH.

The rule was enacting in 2015, and was gutted by the Trump administration soon after he took office. On Thursday, the president officially repealed what was left of the AFFH.

“I am happy to inform all of the people living their Suburban Lifestyle Dream that you will no longer be bothered or financially hurt by having low income housing built in your neighborhood,” POTUS posted to Twitter on Wednesday morning.

“Your housing prices will go up based on the market, and crime will go down,” Trump promised in a follow-up post. “I have rescinded the Obama-Biden AFFH Rule. Enjoy!”

*snip*

The Obama era rule was written under the Fair Housing Act and “required local governments to prove that federal subsidies for housing projects would not go to developments with zoning laws or other regulations that are effectively discriminatory to minorities, particularly Black and Hispanic Americans,” The Hill reported, noting: “HUD claimed that the original rule effectively stripped local control over regulations and drowned localities with onerous and unnecessary paperwork.”

In a recent op-ed touted by President Trump, New York Post columnist Betsy McCaughey described the AFFH in disastrous terms, tying it to presumptive Democratic candidate and former Obama VP Joe Biden.

“The ex-veep wants to ramp up an Obama-era social engineering scheme called Affirmatively Furthering Fair Housing (AFFH) that mercifully barely got underway before President Trump took office, vowing to stop it,” McCaughey outlines. “Biden’s plan is to force suburban towns with single-family homes and minimum lot sizes to build high-density affordable housing smack in the middle of their leafy neighborhoods — local preferences and local control be damned.”

The Obama rule was initially “floated a cookie-cutter requirement for ‘balanced housing’ in every suburb,” says McCaughey. “‘Balanced’ meant affordable even for people who need federal vouchers. Towns were obligated to ‘do more than simply not discriminate,’ as a 2013 HUD proposal explained. Rather, towns had to make it possible for low-income minorities to choose suburban living and provide ‘adequate support to make their choices possible.'”

*snip*

Full Article

kestrel
3 minutes ago, Liz said:

The Daily Wire

By  Amanda Prestigiacomo

Jul 29, 2020   

Excerpt:

On Wednesday, President Donald Trump said via Twitter that Americans living the “Suburban Lifestyle Dream” will no longer be “bothered or financially hurt by having low income housing” built in their neighborhoods, referencing the recent repeal of the Obama era “Affirmatively Furthering Fair Housing,” or AFFH.

The rule was enacting in 2015, and was gutted by the Trump administration soon after he took office. On Thursday, the president officially repealed what was left of the AFFH.

“I am happy to inform all of the people living their Suburban Lifestyle Dream that you will no longer be bothered or financially hurt by having low income housing built in your neighborhood,” POTUS posted to Twitter on Wednesday morning.

“Your housing prices will go up based on the market, and crime will go down,” Trump promised in a follow-up post. “I have rescinded the Obama-Biden AFFH Rule. Enjoy!”

*snip*

The Obama era rule was written under the Fair Housing Act and “required local governments to prove that federal subsidies for housing projects would not go to developments with zoning laws or other regulations that are effectively discriminatory to minorities, particularly Black and Hispanic Americans,” The Hill reported, noting: “HUD claimed that the original rule effectively stripped local control over regulations and drowned localities with onerous and unnecessary paperwork.”

In a recent op-ed touted by President Trump, New York Post columnist Betsy McCaughey described the AFFH in disastrous terms, tying it to presumptive Democratic candidate and former Obama VP Joe Biden.

“The ex-veep wants to ramp up an Obama-era social engineering scheme called Affirmatively Furthering Fair Housing (AFFH) that mercifully barely got underway before President Trump took office, vowing to stop it,” McCaughey outlines. “Biden’s plan is to force suburban towns with single-family homes and minimum lot sizes to build high-density affordable housing smack in the middle of their leafy neighborhoods — local preferences and local control be damned.”

The Obama rule was initially “floated a cookie-cutter requirement for ‘balanced housing’ in every suburb,” says McCaughey. “‘Balanced’ meant affordable even for people who need federal vouchers. Towns were obligated to ‘do more than simply not discriminate,’ as a 2013 HUD proposal explained. Rather, towns had to make it possible for low-income minorities to choose suburban living and provide ‘adequate support to make their choices possible.'”

*snip*

Full Article

:clap::clap:

Liz
38 minutes ago, kestrel said:

:clap::clap:

Pretty much anything that reverses the damage done by Obama and his lackey is a welcome change.

• Best Post (+1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 3

CHANG

Obama targeted the suburbs because they are the last white enclaves in America. I believe at one point he even admitted that. His push to increase low income housing (section eight) and public transportation in these areas was to shift voting demographics, as they are also normally reliable red voters.  I heard Biden has a new EO he wants to sign as president, God help us, that would put all this back in play except much more aggressively. Trump is absolutely right, not only would property values plummet and crime rise, but education quality in the public schools would also suffer as the children of these backgrounds are typically unruly and uninterested in learning. 

• Agree (+1) 1

Howsithangin

:clap::clap::clap:

Rock N' Roll Right Winger
Posted (edited)

Too late for me and much of my city. My neighborhood has been ruined by these. We have had 3 sets of apartment complexes built that are all section 8 and two existing sets get converted to section 8, an entire block of condos all section 8. Lots of vehicle break ins, drugs being used and sold and 5 drug related murders just this year. 

Hence why I'm leaving when I retire even after I have lived in this same neighborhood for all of my life. It used to be a blue collar working man home owner's neighborhood. Now it's for drug dealers, thugs, welfare kings and queens.

Thanks to the Clinton and Obamunist scumbag administrations. 

Edited by Rock N' Roll Right Winger
  • Like (+1) 2

RedSoloCup
8 hours ago, Liz said:

The Daily Wire

By  Amanda Prestigiacomo

Jul 29, 2020   

Excerpt:

*snip*

*snip*

Full Article

:clap:

Shaky McSelfie

This is why Trump needs to be re-elected. His deregulation and court picks have been the greatest achievement of his presidency. 

• Agree (+1) 3

Taggart Transcontinental

My Aunt had a nice neighborhood, with 300k homes, she and her husband drove a truck cross country for decades to earn this place. Yet Obama and Gwinnet county decided to use her tax dollars to push low rent thugs into the neighborhood and dropped the property value by 100K. Yeah all was great under Dumbo.

• Agree (+1) 2

Ticked@TinselTown

Well, considering the garbage about defunding the police, having low income housing that imports crime and criminals into neighborhoods, this is a great start to lower the crime rates in the 'burbs.

Unfortunately, as others have stated, these tax funded monstrosities have been built in places that they targeted for social destruction by this element.

On the other hand?  Once again I am made prouder of my vote for President Trump and I fully intend to vote for him once more this November.

Keeping promises made during his campaign, putting Americans first, working to make our economy strong...  Donald Trump has proven that he's got what it takes to sit in the Oval Office and guide this nation.

• Agree (+1) 1

Junto

Now they just need to get rid of bus lines into the suburbs AND especially get rid of 'rent assistance' which allows people that would never afford the homes in your neighborhood set up shop with their husbands/boyfriends that aren't listed on the assistance, their 10 kids, 20 cousins and 100 friends.  Like paying $$$ for your mortgage, that family next to you is paying close to nothing for theirs.