Sheriff tells library backing BLM not to bother calling 911

Rate this topic

pepperonikkid

https://www.independentsentinel.com/

By  M. Dowling

July 29, 2020

Article:

Douglas County, Nevada Sheriff Dan Coverley was unhappy about his local library vowing support for the anti-police Marxist movement, Black Lives Matter.

His message to them is Don’t bother calling 911 for help anymore and good luck dealing with lewd visitors and disturbances on your own.

He posted his comments in an open letter on the sheriff’s office website.

His letter followed The Board of Library Trustees considering and abandoning a statement of diversity and inclusion at a public meeting that was canceled today.

The draft statement denounces “all acts of violence, racism and disregard for human rights.” It reads in part: “We support #BlackLivesMatter. We resolutely assert and believe that all forms of racism, hatred, inequality and injustice don’t belong in our society.”

That line prompted the sheriff’s letter.

“Due to your support of Black Lives Matter and the obvious lack of support or trust with the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office, please do not feel the need to call 911 for help,” Coverley wrote. “I wish you good luck with disturbances and lewd behavior since those are just some of the recent calls my office has assisted you with in the past.”

Coverley condemned both the library and the Black Lives Matter movement.

Full Story

MontyPython

:clap: :clap: :clap: 

• Agree (+1) 1

kestrel
Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, pepperonikkid said:

By  M. Dowling

July 29, 2020

Article:

Douglas County, Nevada Sheriff Dan Coverley was unhappy about his local library vowing support for the anti-police Marxist movement, Black Lives Matter.

His message to them is Don’t bother calling 911 for help anymore and good luck dealing with lewd visitors and disturbances on your own.

His letter followed The Board of Library Trustees considering and abandoning a statement of diversity and inclusion at a public meeting that was canceled today.

The draft statement denounces “all acts of violence, racism and disregard for human rights.” It reads in part: “We support #BlackLivesMatter. We resolutely assert and believe that all forms of racism, hatred, inequality and injustice don’t belong in our society.”

“Due to your support of Black Lives Matter and the obvious lack of support or trust with the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office, please do not feel the need to call 911 for help,” Coverley wrote. “I wish you good luck with disturbances and lewd behavior since those are just some of the recent calls my office has assisted you with in the past.”

Full Story

Well done Sheriff!...Unfortunately in the surrounding counties where I live my Sheriff was the only one that didn't tell the Governor (Gov Ratchett) to piss off about her cray-cray...I hope we can change this in the fall...

Kestrel...

Edited by kestrel

Howsithangin

:clap::clap::clap:

• Agree (+1) 1

Junto

Might want to put some strong filters on their computers and turn off the free WIFI.

• Agree (+1) 1

Rock N' Roll Right Winger
Posted (edited)

The draft statement denounces “all acts of violence, racism and disregard for human rights.” It reads in part: “We support #BlackLivesMatter. We resolutely assert and believe that all forms of racism, hatred, inequality and injustice don’t belong in our society.”

Yeah, but BLM is doing all of those things themselves.

They are all about all forms of racism, hatred, inequality and injustice for blacks over/against whites. They are also about/for violence, terrorism, extortion and crime too.

Edited by Rock N' Roll Right Winger
  • Agree (+1) 2

RedSoloCup
7 hours ago, pepperonikkid said:

By  M. Dowling

July 29, 2020

Article:

Full Story

:clap:

RedSoloCup
45 minutes ago, LongKnife said:

I don’t consider BLM to be a black thing anymore. Too many pasty-white, booger eating, sh!t-head communists involved now.

:exactly:

Taggart Transcontinental
1 hour ago, LongKnife said:

I don’t consider BLM to be a black thing anymore. Too many pasty-white, booger eating, sh!t-head communists involved now.

It never was a black thing, it was always an anti-American / marxist thing.

• Agree (+1) 4

Ladybird

The sheriffs office will ignore emergency calls from those whose politics he disapproves.. Ok.

• Disagree (-1) 4

58 minutes ago, Ladybird said:

The sheriffs office will ignore emergency calls from those whose politics he disapproves.. Ok.

Eff 'em.

No aide to enemies.

• Agree (+1) 2

Ladybird
55 minutes ago, LeansToTheRight said:

Inaccurate statement.  The library is willfully supporting an anti-police movement (you can argue all you want about the merits of the name of the group, but the organization has absolutely declared themselves to be anti-police).  This sheriff is just complying with their wishes.

A library services the entire community, that he has sworn to protect.

3 minutes ago, Ladybird said:

The sheriff took no such oath. He swore to uphold the law. The library is against that. They cannot have it both ways.

• Agree (+1) 3

RedSoloCup
1 hour ago, Ladybird said:

Yes, and...?

• Haha (+1) 1

LeansToTheRight
29 minutes ago, Ladybird said:

They don’t want his service.  Why do you hate the library?

• Agree (+1) 4

Skipjack
1 hour ago, Ladybird said:

Point made, but a little context might be in order. On a daily basis, we are experiencing governors who refuse to protect the citizens of their states.  Mayors who refuse to take the necessary actions to safeguard their cities. Rogue DAs who fabricate evidence and conduct politically-motivated prosecutions. I could go on, but you get the point.  When taken in perspective, it seems a trifle absurd to get worked-up about the musings of this sheriff.

• Best Post (+1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 1

zurg
20 minutes ago, Skipjack said:

Point made, but a little context might be in order. On a daily basis, we are experiencing governors who refuse to protect the citizens of their states.  Mayors who refuse to take the necessary actions to safeguard their cities. Rogue DAs who fabricate evidence and conduct politically-motivated prosecutions. I could go on, but you get the point.  When taken in perspective, it seems a trifle absurd to get worked-up about the musings of this sheriff.

Ladybird calls out the statements from those whose politics she disapproves....ok. 

Ticked@TinselTown
44 minutes ago, Skipjack said:

Obtuseness is her stock in trade.

• Agree (+1) 1

Martin
2 hours ago, Ladybird said:

I agree with Ladybird.  To deny the library police protection because they claimed to support a political movement is dereliction of duty.  While I disapprove of librarians officially pronouncing their support for a special political movement, the police should not ignore their own duty because the nitwit librarians did so.  

• Disagree (-1) 3
  • Agree (+1) 1

Novaprime
4 minutes ago, Martin said:

I agree with Ladybird.  To deny the library police protection because they claimed to support a political movement is dereliction of duty.  While I disapprove of librarians officially pronouncing their support for a special political movement, the police should not ignore their own duty because the nitwit librarians did so.  

Ah, but context is everything. He never said that the police wouldn't respond. What he did say was to not bother calling and to deal with it themselves. While close, it's not exactly the same thing.

• Agree (+1) 2

rustinone
5 hours ago, LongKnife said:

I believe they are referencing the heart. So, yeah, it fits.

rustinone
38 minutes ago, Novaprime said:

Ah, but context is everything. He never said that the police wouldn't respond. What he did say was to not bother calling and to deal with it themselves. While close, it's not exactly the same thing.

I read it the same way. I didn't see anything about not responding.

• Agree (+1) 1

zurg
2 minutes ago, Martin said:

That’s not a full description of BLM. The sheriff in my opinion did not withdraw his coverage of the library (which he didn’t actually do, he said “I hope you won’t call 911”) because of political opinion but because of an indication that the library would actively work with people who intend to cause the police harm. 

The library said, we support your opponent who wants to hurt or kill you. Now come over and help us because you have to. 

• Agree (+1) 3