Individualism is racist? White Fragility rebuttal chapter 1

Rate this topic

pepperonikkid

Individualism is racist? White Fragility rebuttal chapter 1

https://noqreport.com/

by Ray Fava

July 29, 2020

Article:

In the last installment of White Fragility Rebuttal, we saw how Robin DiAngelo’s experience as a corporate diversity trainer gave her the inspiration for her magnum opus, White Fragility. In this installment we get a full dose of Karl Marx. Personally, I was shocked at her audacity to start chapter one by articulating a Marxist worldview. The chapter begins by establishing the operating premise of postmodernism, the denial of objective truth in favor of personal experience. Robin DiAngelo writes with a sense of self-importance giving herself a gnostic view of racism. She goes to great length to disagree with the conventional definition of racism but refuses to define racism in response.

But the biggest highlight of this chapter was the argument that individualism and meritocracy are forces of racism. Yes, she does go that far. In antiquity, meritocracy was viewed as justice, people getting what they deserve, what they are owed. Similarly in the Bible we have a system of sowing and reaping.

Full Story

Howsithangin

All ya need to know about this lunatic is this: Ph.D. in multicultural education

I find the concept amusing: we, evil, EVIL, white devils are simultaneously capable of taking over, colonizing and dominating the world, subjecting certain POC into servitude, and yet fragile little snowflakes, incapable of talking about race, or something ( I refuse to delve into this literary dung heap to discern anything more).  So which is it, are we tyrants or delicate flowers?  :shrug:shrug

As to the idea that we, evil, EVIL, white devils aren't willing to discuss or confront our inherent racism (or whatever), I pose the following:

1. The very premise assumes we're guilty.  I reject that premise. How can one confront a problem that doesn't exist?  
  2. In modern Western society, we, evil, EVIL, white devils are not allowed to discuss race, honestly at least. We are not allowed to posit an opinion that differs from the j'accuse. All that we are allowed to do is accept the guilty plea and engage in penance.  I'll be damned if I"m going to engage in a discussion where I cannot speak my mind.  That's not discussion at all.  That's a lecture.  Or better yet, a coercive interrogation!   Q: How different is this approach to that employed during the witch trials of the 17th Century?  You either accepted the accusation (i.e., your guilt) and are punished (because you're a racist, and accept the second-hand citizenship handed you), or you are punished because you didn't (which The Left takes as affirmation that you are a racist).

F*&k That 

• Best Post (+1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 1

Howsithangin

If individualism is racist (along with milk, math, logic, English, and crosswalks), then I"m guilty.  Fine.  Whatever.  Leave me alone.  Get off my lawn!  :P

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Agree (+1) 1

Taggart Transcontinental

Yes because collectivism is NOT slavery right?

• Agree (+1) 1

Oathtaker

The entire Critical Race Theory paradigm and all of its mutant offspring fail at a foundational level in multiple ways.

The whole “if you don’t believe it’s because you are “x””or the laughable “false consciousness” trope of “you can’t see it because you are white” or even the latest buffoonery that borrows from the theological tenants of original sin and predetermination where you can’t overcome the “sin” of “whiteness” all you can ever hope to do is live a life dedicated to basically “rable-rousing”. 

All of their ideology is a mutation of either White, Male (Post-modernist) or White, Male, Jewish (Frankfurt School) people who developed a schtick to keep from having to do an honest days work.

I threw in the White, Male, Jewish, for the benefit of BLM and all the other anti-semites...

The “angry white girl” brigade, DiAngelo et al., have done nothing more than set the evolution of race relations back half a century.

This elitist “right-think” may work somewhat in big blue cities but it isn’t going to fly in the heartland. 

Ticked@TinselTown

They're selling this at TJMaxx for $7.99

Howsithangin
14 hours ago, Ticked@TinselTown said:

They're selling this at TJMaxx for $7.99

next to Hillary's book :D