To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
Ladybird

Former GOP presidential candidate Herman Cain dies after battle with coronavirus

Rate this topic

Ladybird

Former GOP presidential candidate Herman Cain dies after battle with coronavirus

Published Thu, Jul 30 202010:28 AM EDT

https://www.cnbc.com/

Exceprt:

Herman Cain, a former presidential hopeful who was once considered by President Donald Trump for the Federal Reserve, has died after being hospitalized with the coronavirus. He was 74.

Cain was among the highest-profile public figures in the United States to have died from Covid-19. A 74-year-old survivor of stage 4 colon cancer, Cain had been a business executive and the board chairman of a branch of Kansas City’s Federal Reserve Bank before moving into Republican politics and eventually becoming a presidential candidate.

Last year, President Donald Trump briefly considered picking Cain as his nominee to join the Federal Reserve Board. Cain remained a vocal supporter of Trump’s after his nomination was withdrawn, and he attended the president’s controversial reelection rally in Oklahoma in June, shortly before being diagnosed with the coronavirus.

Dan Calabrese, who edited Cain’s website and had written about his colleague’s diagnosis, did not immediately respond to CNBC’s request for additional comment.

Cain had been hospitalized in Atlanta on July 1, two days after being told he had tested positive for Covid-19, according to a statement posted to his social media accounts at the time.

He did not require a respirator and was “awake and alert” when he checked in to the hospital, the statement said. “Please join with us in praying for Mr. Cain, and for everyone who has contracted the coronavirus – as well as their families,” it said.

Cain’s social media accounts occasionally provided vague updates on his condition. A message on July 5 said he was “making progress” and that “more encouraging news” was expected to come soon. Two days later, Cain’s Twitter account said “doctors are trying to make sure his oxygen levels are right.”

On July 10, another tweet said Cain himself described his status as “cruise control,” because “the progress is slow but his breathing is getting stronger every day. Make no mistake: He is improving!”

Less than two weeks before receiving his diagnosis, Cain had attended Trump’s rally in Tulsa, Oklahoma, the marquee event for the president’s self-proclaimed reelection campaign kickoff.

<snip>

Link

• Sad 1

Junto

Condolences to his family.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree (+1) 2

east dallasite

My wife and I were big fans of Herman Cain and supported his run for president.  His death is a real tragedy....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 1

Taggart Transcontinental

That sucks, a great man goes before his time thanks to a Chinese bio weapon. He will be missed.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Best Post (+1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 2

oki
6 minutes ago, Taggart Transcontinental said:

That sucks, a great man goes before his time thanks to a Chinese bio weapon. He will be missed.

Exactly

• Agree (+1) 1

E Van der Vliet

Very sad. Was a huge fan of Mr. Cain. 

So much so, I took my daughter to his announcement for president in centennial park. Very sad day. 

• Agree (+1) 1

Rock N' Roll Right Winger

Corona virus or a hospital mistake?

Either way, what a terrible loss.

He was a great man.

• Like (+1) 1

67Mustang

Sad news.  I would have voted for him if he"d been the canidate.

zurg

I’m sure everyone, LB included, notices that the leftist troll offers no sympathy, only ridicule, all because of a political viewpoint. 

And we conservatives are the racists? When the vulgar other side displays it on a continual basis? 

• Agree (+1) 2

Ladybird
2 minutes ago, zurg said:

I’m sure everyone, LB included, notices that the leftist troll offers no sympathy, only ridicule, all because of a political viewpoint. 

And we conservatives are the racists? When the vulgar other side displays it on a continual basis? 

'I' have nothing but sympathy for Mr. Cain's loved ones.  What does this have to do with race?

• Disagree (-1) 3

zurg
19 minutes ago, Ladybird said:

'I' have nothing but sympathy for Mr. Cain's loved ones.  What does this have to do with race?

It doesn’t, but the troll surely thinks otherwise. 

• Agree (+1) 1

Ticked@TinselTown

What a loss in so many ways.

I have his family in my prayers.

Severian

RIP Mr. Cain, I always found him a joy to listen to. Most sincere condolences to his friends and family.

He was a stage 4 cancer survivor, wonder how that affected his battle with the Bat Flu.

Tabla_Man

This man was an icon and a maverick.  He not only faced racism from being a black business owner he faced racism from his own race being called an "oreo" for supporting conservative policies, but Herman Cain was a confident man of faith.  I read that his history with battling cancer left him extremely vulnerable to this disease, and it is sad he was taking from us due to this.  I will always remember his smile his sense of humor and sense of hope.  Rest in peace my friend.

• Agree (+1) 2

RedSoloCup

His debate with that POS MSNBC hack, Lawrence o'Donnell (aka Larry the Loser) was epic.

Specs

Too bad that HIPPA laws are so strong.

May his family find peace and the truth come out.

mliff1

Very sad indeed!

LongKnife

RIP Good man.

MontyPython

He was a good, intelligent, honest, hard-working, worthy man.

RIP Herman.

:( 

ThePatriot

Would have loved to have seen him in the Oval Office.

It makes me a little sick that the author tries to blame this on a Trump rally, but that's exactly the kind of crap we've all come to expect from leftwing "journalists" these days.

• Disagree (-1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 3

Tabla_Man

It's speculation at best to say he got it from the Trump rally.  Mika Brzezinski did the same on twitter this morning.  But she and her POS husband are souless pieces of trash, that I expect that kind of thing from.

• Agree (+1) 3

kestrel
5 hours ago, east dallasite said:

My wife and I were big fans of Herman Cain and supported his run for president.  His death is a real tragedy....

Same here..I think he is a great man.

Kestrel...

Dean Adam Smithee
1 hour ago, ThePatriot said:

Would have loved to have seen him in the Oval Office.

It makes me a little sick that the author tries to blame this on a Trump rally, but that's exactly the kind of crap we've all come to expect from leftwing "journalists" these days.

I've occasionally listened to him on the radio, he used to be fairly regular on WSB-Radio Atlanta. By the time I heard him, I don't think he had a full "show" anymore but was still doing daily "commentaries" of a couple minutes or so.

I think I was one of the few here who DIDN'T support him for president in 2012. I didn't like him his 9-9-9 plan which seemed a bit long on sounding like a pizza commercial and a bit short on detail as to how to get there without completely destabilizing the economy. I can remember when the S&L crash of the late '80s was precipitated by one teensy-weensy change in the Internal Revenue code regarding commercial real estate  (Yes, the S&L crash was likely coming anyway. Eventually. The tax code change was merely the last straw on the camel's back. Still, though, it was 'A' cause even if not the only cause.) And there Herman Cain was, proposing to make not just a teensy-weensy change but up-end the entire apple-cart.

1 hour ago, Tabla_Man said:

It's speculation at best to say he got it from the Trump rally.  Mika Brzezinski did the same on twitter this morning.  But she and her POS husband are souless pieces of trash, that I expect that kind of thing from.

It also can't be ruled out, either. He did, after all, making a point of tweeting a picture of himself surrounded by a crowd at the rally with NOBODY, including himself, taking any precautions.

People are soul-less pieces of trash for point out that this is a least a POSSIBILITY??? And meanwhile, way too many on on the right are paddling as furiously as possible down a river in Egypt over this???

Unfortunately, THAT's the state of political discourse in the USA these day.

• Agree (+1) 3

MontyPython
2 hours ago, Tabla_Man said:

8 minutes ago, Dean Adam Smithee said:

People are soul-less pieces of trash for point out that this is a least a POSSIBILITY???

No, that's not what Tabla said. He said that they're soulless pieces of trash (which is certainly true, if you've been watching them for years, as I have), and that because they're soulless pieces of trash, this is the sort of crap we must expect from them. That is NOT the same thing as declaring them "soulless pieces of trash" because of this single example thereof.

Big difference.

B) 

Dean Adam Smithee
1 minute ago, MontyPython said:

No, that's not what Tabla said. He said that they're soulless pieces of trash (which is certainly true, if you've been watching them for years, as I have), and that because they're soulless pieces of trash, this is the sort of crap we must expect from them. That is NOT the same thing as declaring them "soulless pieces of trash" because of this single example thereof.

Big difference.

B) 

Point Taken.

Tabla, my apologies for misreading it.

• Agree (+1) 1