To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Moderator T

Republicans flat-out reject Trump’s suggestion to delay election

Rate this topic

Ladybird

Trump has seen the writing on the wall and is setting up the narrative that the election was not fair as the reason for his loss.

If could get over himself and act like real leader, he could turn this thing around. Tweeting medical advice from lunatics and game show hosts are not things that make normal, non-political people feel secure. 

kestrel

"Now we'll have a week of the MSM being able to quote him directly to make their anti-Trump arguments to the large numbers who get their news from places other than OAN and obscure conservative blogs.  I'm talking about people who believe that polling isn't a lie, people who listen to the big 3 channels still for news, and people who still read newspapers but aren't lockstep Dem voters.".. No problem with this Monty? as in anybody who has another opinion that their informational sources are somehow less then stellar and I was kind of sticking up for those Luddites who have doubts about national polling

11 hours ago, MontyPython said:

Well my own opinion of Mod-T (and several others here) is the very thing I'd like to believe I live up to, myself: When Trump is right, support him, and when he's wrong, call him on it. You & Mod-T & I might not agree which times Trump's right and which times he's wrong, but I just don't recall Mod-T displaying anything resembling a "Never Trump" attitude. Clearly this is one of the times you and Mod don't agree, but the "Never Trump" crack was kinda below the belt, I thought.

Just my opinion.

:shrug: 

You said:  "but the "Never Trump" crack was kinda below the belt, I thought."..I never said "Never Trump" I said "Semi Never Trump".( I thought I explained this in my answer to you?) so much for Pedantry..as to below the belt "Cracks"   I noticed You didn't comment on what M/T said, in a disparaging way (IMO) with regard to people that think somewhat differently, like this: ( "Now we'll have a week of the MSM being able to quote him directly to make their anti-Trump arguments to the large numbers who get their news from places other than OAN and obscure conservative blogs.  I'm talking about people who believe that polling isn't a lie, people who listen to the big 3 channels still for news, and people who still read newspapers but aren't lockstep Dem voters.".. IOW if you distrust National polling likewise the MSM and aren't among those "WHO STILL READ NEWSPAPERS" (This was the source of my comment about Meth head Trailer Trash) you're somehow relegated to a class of people that I jokingly referenced as "Toothless Meth head Trailer Trash"  That isn't a bit snarky?..in the moment as I was responding to M/T it seemed that way to me..Was it also "below the belt" when I thanked M/T for the Back and Forth? and simply said "we just disagree" Final point: As to my feelings with regard to Trump I don't know him, like I said I have no desire to hang out with him have no idea what he "Tweets" and couldn't care less (no Twitter here) but I do find it VERY amusing how people get spun into a knot by them Because now the left will have a valid excuse to attack him (As if they need validity...We've all laughed at the Meme of Trump curing cancer and the left bitching about unemployed grave diggers) for example this last thing about "Delaying the Election till the China Flu scare receded enough to have voting in the traditional way as opposed to "Mail In Fraud" I took that as a Trump jab at the folks that are desperate to keep the Wuhan Cootie Scare in the forefront for the very purpose of instituting mail in voting (Side note: I notice nobody had psychotic episodes when Barack Hussein Obama suggested delaying the election during the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy???) At any rate...bottom line here is I have lost no respect for M/T because M/T has a different view about the reasons that Trump does this or that nor you for calling me out. We just have dissimilar opinions...Addendum: I see that further in this thread there are at least two posters that seem to be in agreement somewhat with  M/T about Trump..they seem...rather triggered:):):)....Kestrel...

MontyPython
1 hour ago, Ladybird said:

Trump has seen the writing on the wall and is setting up the narrative that the election was not fair as the reason for his loss.

If could get over himself and act like real leader, he could turn this thing around. Tweeting medical advice from lunatics and game show hosts are not things that make normal, non-political people feel secure. 

If the traitorous left would stop wasting everybody's time attacking Trump, vilifying him, obstructing everything he tries to do, trying to impeach him, telling vicious lies about him, etc etc etc, and instead work in America's best interests, Trump could get more accomplished than any "leader" has done in many decades. As for the alleged "luna(cy)" of the medical advice, I have directly skewered that silly accusation more than once, in more than one thread.

I can't help noticing you haven't bothered to address the skewering, but are still making the silly accusation.

Bad form, LB.

<_< 

Edited by MontyPython

kestrel

12 hours ago, MontyPython said:

Well my own opinion of Mod-T (and several others here) is the very thing I'd like to believe I live up to, myself: When Trump is right, support him, and when he's wrong, call him on it. You & Mod-T & I might not agree which times Trump's right and which times he's wrong, but I just don't recall Mod-T displaying anything resembling a "Never Trump" attitude. Clearly this is one of the times you and Mod don't agree, but the "Never Trump" crack was kinda below the belt, I thought.

Just my opinion.

You said:  "but the "Never Trump" crack was kinda below the belt, I thought."..I never said "Never Trump" I said "Semi Never Trump".( I thought I explained this in my answer to you?) so much for Pedantry..as to below the belt "Cracks"   I noticed You didn't comment on what M/T said, in a disparaging way (IMO) with regard to people that think somewhat differently, like this: ( "Now we'll have a week of the MSM being able to quote him directly to make their anti-Trump arguments to the large numbers who get their news from places other than OAN and obscure conservative blogs.  I'm talking about people who believe that polling isn't a lie, people who listen to the big 3 channels still for news, and people who still read newspapers but aren't lockstep Dem voters.".. IOW if you distrust National polling likewise the MSM and aren't among those "WHO STILL READ NEWSPAPERS" (This was the source of my comment about Meth head Trailer Trash) you're somehow relegated to a class of people that I jokingly referenced as "Toothless Meth head Trailer Trash"  That isn't a bit snarky?..in the moment as I was responding to M/T it seemed that way to me..Was it also "below the belt" when I thanked M/T for the Back and Forth? and simply said "we just disagree" Final point: As to my feelings with regard to Trump I don't know him, like I said I have no desire to hang out with him have no idea what he "Tweets" and couldn't care less (no Twitter here) but I do find it VERY amusing how people get spun into a knot by them Because now the left will have a valid excuse to attack him (As if they need validity...We've all laughed at the Meme of Trump curing cancer and the left bitching about unemployed grave diggers) for example this last thing about "Delaying the Election till the China Flu scare receded enough to have voting in the traditional way as opposed to "Mail In Fraud" I took that as a Trump jab at the folks that are desperate to keep the Wuhan Cootie Scare in the forefront for the very purpose of instituting mail in voting (Side note: I notice nobody had psychotic episodes when Barack Hussein Obama suggested delaying the election during the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy???) At any rate...bottom line here is I have lost no respect for M/T because M/T has a different view about the reasons that Trump does this or that nor you for calling me out. We just have dissimilar opinions...Addendum: I see that further in this thread there are at least two posters that seem to be in agreement somewhat with  M/T about Trump..they seem...rather triggered:):):)....Kestrel...

Edited by kestrel
coz i sumptnes cent tipe

MontyPython

Oh fer the luvva . . . I see you, Kestrel, can "jokingly reference" stuff in an extremely snarky manner, but you'll call out ModT's snark as though he's done anything "worse" than what you, yourself, have done too.

Anyhow, yes, I'm fine with everything Mod-T has said in this thread. Not one word of it has represented anything resembling "Semi-Never-Trump". He has explained why he thinks Trump's remarks were a mistake. That's all. You are obviously entitled to disagree with him.

B) 

kestrel
1 hour ago, Ladybird said:

A Narrative eh?...what did you call it when Barack Hussein Obama suggested the very same delay the election "Narrative" after Hurricane Sandy...Crickets   Hmmm...  Sounds like RACISM To ME!!! ORANGE LIVES MATTER!..."Normal Non-Political People?"...You mean like YOU?.BWAHAHA...Yeah right!

Kestrel X...

kestrel
4 minutes ago, MontyPython said:

Oh fer the luvva . . . I see you, Kestrel, can "jokingly reference" stuff in an extremely snarky manner, but you'll call out ModT's snark as though he's done anything "worse" than what you, yourself, have done too.

Anyhow, yes, I'm fine with everything Mod-T has said in this thread. Not one word of it has represented anything resembling "Semi-Never-Trump". He has explained why he thinks Trump's remarks were a mistake. That's all. You are obviously entitled to disagree with him.

B) 

so you admit that M/T was getting him/her/"not telling" on some snark too? fair enough! (you're not so bad at Snark-fest Yourownself Bro!)...But I have a question, If I may?..did M/T communicate to you whether M/T considers M/T to be "Semi"?...and you're correct that he believes Trumps Tweet to be a mistake..and It may be..Time will tell..or not. We good?

Kestrel...

P.S. Hey!  Wait a minute! aren't we supposed to be like in some cadre of brain dead trump zombies marching in lockstep toward the goal of world domination or something?

MontyPython
6 minutes ago, kestrel said:

so you admit that M/T was getting him/her/"not telling" on some snark too? fair enough! (you're not so bad at Snark-fest Yourownself Bro!)...But I have a question, If I may?..did M/T communicate to you whether M/T considers M/T to be "Semi"?...and you're correct that he believes Trumps Tweet to be a mistake..and It may be..Time will tell..or not. We good?

Kestrel...

P.S. Hey!  Wait a minute! aren't we supposed to be like in some cadre of brain dead trump zombies marching in lockstep toward the goal of world domination or something?

First off - Sure, we're good. :) 

Second - Oops! That's right! We're supposed to be mindless zombies walking in lockstep just like Democrats always do.

And third - No, I figure Mod-T can speak for himself re: Whether or not he considers himself "Semi" Never-Trump.

Oh yeah, and fourth - Yup, I love to engage in snark too, LOL. That's why I recognize it so well in others.

B) 

MontyPython

LOL. Anybody who actually believes Trump is a "fascist" is a moron of the lowest order anyway, and not to be taken seriously. 

:lol: 

• Agree (+1) 1

Natural Selection
15 minutes ago, MontyPython said:

LOL. Anybody who actually believes Trump is a "fascist" is a moron of the lowest order anyway, and not to be taken seriously. 

:lol: 

True. It's generally a sign of the politically unsophisticated. Unfortunately, they are dangerous when in herds. Antifa, for example.

• Agree (+1) 1

Ladybird
5 hours ago, MontyPython said:

If the traitorous left would stop wasting everybody's time attacking Trump, vilifying him, obstructing everything he tries to do, trying to impeach him, telling vicious lies about him, etc etc etc, and instead work in America's best interests, Trump could get more accomplished than any "leader" has done in many decades. As for the alleged "luna(cy)" of the medical advice, I have directly skewered that silly accusation more than once, in more than one thread.

I can't help noticing you haven't bothered to address the skewering, but are still making the silly accusation.

Bad form, LB.

<_< 

What are you referring to? Jesus punishing facebook for taking the good doctors' video down?

MontyPython
4 hours ago, Ladybird said:

What are you referring to? Jesus punishing facebook for taking the good doctors' video down?

*sigh* Remember way back when you used to argue honestly and objectively? You know perfectly well what I'm referring to: I'm referring to the fact that plenty of brilliant geniuses have had plenty of crazy notions, people like Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, Tycho Brahe, Pythagoras, Nikola Tesla, Isaac Newton, Vincent Van Gogh, Friedrich Nietzsche, John Nash, Georg Cantor, Chess Master Bobby Fisher, Arthur Schopenhauer, and MANY more. They were all crazy, and it didn't affect their brilliance in their chosen fields of expertise. In fact Aristotle himself, one of the most brilliant men of all time, said "no great mind has ever existed without a touch of madness".

This will be about the fifth time I've presented these facts. In more than one thread. In all previous presentations I also presented the links, but I'm not going to bother to post them again, since you have already seen them.

<_< 

Edited by MontyPython

Moderator T
23 hours ago, MontyPython said:

Just my opinion.

During the election I was borderline Nevertrump.  I certainly didn't vote for him.  I'll vote for him now because I do like much of what he did.  I don't like him as a person and wish he'd stop shooting himself in the foot.  But the things he's done are overall great.

• Agree (+1) 1

Moderator T
On 7/31/2020 at 12:41 AM, zurg said:

I'm absolutely convinced that this is exactly where you are wrong.

I know this is anecdotal, but anecdotes were proven right last time. All my friends and coworkers who I know to be Trump supporters would never admit it if a pollster called their cellphone or house phone. Why? Obviously, they're afraid of getting on a list. Maybe a list for Soros and Antifa and BLM.

That's why people don't put Trump bumper stickers on their cars, and don't wear MAGA hats. C'mon ModT, you can't possibly not have noticed that a tiny fraction of Trump voters actually display their upcoming voting preference to the rest of the world. Not only are Trump voters silent about it, they are the silent majority. There's just absolutely no way Biden is up, let alone up 12% or 15%.

If you just think about it with simple unbiased common sense, nothing else, you know I'm right.

My anecdotal evidence is the reverse.  I know very few people who like him and even fewer who will vote for him, and I'm surrounded by conservatives.  Those who will vote for him are mostly voting against Biden.  I can think of three people I know outside of RN and the other sites I frequent other than myself who are voting FOR Trump.

Moderator T
On 7/31/2020 at 12:34 AM, kestrel said:

You are in a tough spot my friend...If you're correct and Trump loses then Biden (or something) will become President and I don't think the slight gratification that your Semi-Never Trump side will feel can be offset by the reality coming straight at you..

No gratification at all.  I want him to win.  I'll vote for him (for him, not against Biden).  If I didn't want him to win I'd be thrilled every time he shoots himself in the foot.  Instead I complain about it because I want him to get another 4 years.  I think my stance has been pretty clear in regards to him. I like what he has done as President and like his court appointments.  I don't like him.  I think he's a pretty horrible human being and I definitely don't think he's a giant among lesser men like Washington, Lincoln, and Reagan.  Having seen what he's done as President, I'd go back in a time machine and vote for him if I could.

I see you mentioned the OAN thing in another post.  I don't want to come off insulting.  I'm referring to a pretty small subset of conservative Trump supporters.  The ones who claim that Fox News is out to hurt him because they don't lavish him with nonstop praise.  The ones who only get their news form sites that either embellish things to the point of fiction or that turn whatever Trump says or does into some sort of genius power play that will totally own all the Democrats.  The ones who seem to think he's perfect and constantly playing 47 dimensional chess.

To be clear we would survive a Biden (whatever) Presidency I'm pretty sure but the only fun we'll be having is agreeing with each other about how it Sux..But! If I'm right and the propaganda arm of the DNC (Media/Polls/Never Trump Inc, Etc) fail to delude the populace in question Well...Donald John Trump will still be your President and I think you will be still be sad..It all comes down to the "Question" are the American People as Smart and aware of their own self interest as I think they are or as gullible and stupid as you think they are.  I think he's gonna do it....And No, I still don't want to have lunch with him or play golf, I don't read his tweets (or anybodies) and I very seldom watch Network anything..Mostly I just want to be left alone with regard to my various forms of Govt. if that fails..there is that "Oath" and the 2nd. nuff said I'm done..have a good night Mod-T I enjoyed the back and forth!

Kestrel...

Fair enough!

MontyPython
23 minutes ago, Moderator T said:

During the election I was borderline Nevertrump.  I certainly didn't vote for him.  I'll vote for him now because I do like much of what he did.  I don't like him as a person and wish he'd stop shooting himself in the foot.  But the things he's done are overall great.

Fair enough. Thanks.

:thumbsup: 

kestrel
13 hours ago, Moderator T said:

No gratification at all.  I want him to win.  I'll vote for him (for him, not against Biden).  If I didn't want him to win I'd be thrilled every time he shoots himself in the foot.  Instead I complain about it because I want him to get another 4 years.  I think my stance has been pretty clear in regards to him. I like what he has done as President and like his court appointments.  I don't like him.  I think he's a pretty horrible human being and I definitely don't think he's a giant among lesser men like Washington, Lincoln, and Reagan.  Having seen what he's done as President, I'd go back in a time machine and vote for him if I could.

I see you mentioned the OAN thing in another post.  I don't want to come off insulting.  I'm referring to a pretty small subset of conservative Trump supporters.  The ones who claim that Fox News is out to hurt him because they don't lavish him with nonstop praise.  The ones who only get their news form sites that either embellish things to the point of fiction or that turn whatever Trump says or does into some sort of genius power play that will totally own all the Democrats.  The ones who seem to think he's perfect and constantly playing 47 dimensional chess.

Fair enough!

We are NOT that far apart at all M/T and I commend you for your honesty and look forward to even more good Back and forth with you...as you said FAIR ENOUGH!

Kestrel...

kestrel
13 hours ago, Moderator T said:

Fair enough!

"I see you mentioned the OAN thing in another post.  I don't want to come off insulting.  I'm referring to a pretty small subset of conservative Trump supporters.  The ones who claim that Fox News is out to hurt him because they don't lavish him with nonstop praise.  The ones who only get their news form sites that either embellish things to the point of fiction or that turn whatever Trump says or does into some sort of genius power play that will totally own all the Democrats.  The ones who seem to think he's perfect and constantly playing 47 dimensional chess."

I get it M/T, I really do and in our debate what you were saying about OAN (which I started watching after you mentioned them, I'm really not that into "Broadcasts" I can tolerate Tucker and Hannity,Dobbs and the like but to tell the truth I'd prefer to read transcripts I use Citizen Free press, Gateway Pundit and Conservative Tree House mostly as aggregators (like I used to do with Drudge, till he went over the edge) and what you seemed to be inferring was that the people that refer to the site's you mentioned (OAN the "Obscure Conservative Blogs" ) were just "Not part of the Cool Kids Cadre" in a condescending way like Goldberg and Will do..I'm very glad to confess my error..Thanks for straightening me out..and again I look forward to more Back and Forth...:wave:

Kestrel... 

zurg
14 hours ago, Moderator T said:

My anecdotal evidence is the reverse.  I know very few people who like him and even fewer who will vote for him, and I'm surrounded by conservatives.  Those who will vote for him are mostly voting against Biden.  I can think of three people I know outside of RN and the other sites I frequent other than myself who are voting FOR Trump.

Did you drive around in 2016 specifically paying attention to what I explained? Did you specifically take the opportunities to talk outside your circle? Did you specifically conduct several discussions whenever the opportunity presented itself, to hone in of this exact issue?

If you didn’t, and aren’t doing so now, I’m sorry but my assertion is way stronger than yours. I can imagine it’s hard to take this, but unless you claim that you did what I did, then you haven’t been the experimenter I have been and continue to be. You should give me some credit. 

Moderator T
7 hours ago, zurg said:

Did you drive around in 2016 specifically paying attention to what I explained? Did you specifically take the opportunities to talk outside your circle? Did you specifically conduct several discussions whenever the opportunity presented itself, to hone in of this exact issue?

If you didn’t, and aren’t doing so now, I’m sorry but my assertion is way stronger than yours. I can imagine it’s hard to take this, but unless you claim that you did what I did, then you haven’t been the experimenter I have been and continue to be. You should give me some credit. 

I didn't conduct a peer reviewed study or anything, but I talk to people outside my circle about politics, yes.  A caveat to that is I live in a pretty blue area, so I know things will skew that direction.  But among conservatives I know, and I'm talking about more than my personal friends, I'm talking coworkers, occasional strangers, etc, I see little to no enthusiasm for the President.  More specifically I'm talking about people who aren't politically.... minded (I guess that's the right word for people like ourselves who focus on these things, read about these things, and pay attention more).  Average people.  I know more than a few who, if they vote, will vote against Biden.  But they're not going to rush to the polls in the same way that someone who is eager to vote FOR someone would.