Sign in to follow this  
Ticked@TinselTown

At Lewis Funeral, Obama Calls Filibuster a ‘Jim Crow Relic’

Rate this topic

Ticked@TinselTown

The New York Times - Maggie Astor & Shane Goldmacher - LINK

<excerpted>

Former President Barack Obama called for sweeping changes to voting laws on Thursday, including making Election Day a national holiday and implementing automatic voter registration, and he embraced eliminating the filibuster if necessary to enact those changes, calling the legislative tool a “Jim Crow relic.”

*snip*

“Bull Connor may be gone, but today we witness with our own eyes police officers kneeling on the necks of Black Americans,” Mr. Obama said, speaking from the same pulpit once used by the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. “George Wallace may be gone, but we can witness our federal government sending agents to use tear gas and batons against peaceful demonstrators.”

*snip*

Hubris - ✔️

Hypocrisy - ✔️

Bald face lying - ✔️

• Agree (+1) 4

MontyPython

<_< 

I've scraped substances off my shoe more worthy of respect than Barack Obama.

<_< 

• Haha (+1) 3

Howsithangin

It's all about race with him.  Robert Byrd with a tan

• Agree (+1) 3

mjperry51

Is that the same filibuster used by Democrats on the 1964 Civil Rights bill, and (I believe ) the 1965 Voting Rights bill?

That filibuster??

• Agree (+1) 3

USNJIMRET
1 hour ago, mjperry51 said:

Is that the same filibuster used by Democrats on the 1964 Civil Rights bill, and (I believe ) the 1965 Voting Rights bill?

That filibuster??

Oh man, THAT was like way more then two years ago and thus, in leftie brains, totally irrelevant.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 1

Buckwheat Jones

Biden was wrong. He’s not clean and articulate. He’s greasy. A real piece of filth. 

• Agree (+1) 3

Taggart Transcontinental

Yes Obama Wallace is alive and well in your mind living rent free you 1/2 white guy. I see it all the time, cops using real guns, using batons, and using explosives. No wait that's your party members almost all of them WHITE attacking the cops.

• Agree (+1) 2

Squirrel

Why was there even a funeral in the first place? I thought those along with indoor gatherings especially at churches was banned due to covid? I guess either it’s one more case of the virus being super smart and selective or one more example of democrat hypocrisy 

• Agree (+1) 2

Shaky McSelfie

Two words: Paul Wellstone. 

https://products.kitsapsun.com/archive/2002/11-27/11717_anatomy_of_a_debacle__wellstone_.html

The left are incapable of learning from mistakes. Probably because they don’t believe they make any. It’s always someone else’s fault. Well, let’s “hope” it’s the voters fault again when they lose in November. 

Obama is trash. 

• Agree (+1) 2

Natural Selection
7 hours ago, Ticked@TinselTown said:

Democrats have a severe learning disability...

Why Republicans Are Suddenly Thanking Harry Reid for a 2013 Tweet About Filibuster Reform

BY MAHITA GAJANAN 

JUNE 28, 2018

Time.com

When the Senate votes on President Donald Trump’s replacement for Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy, just a simple majority will be sufficient to get through the confirmation process. It’s a vote that Democrats – who have 49 seats – seem more than likely to lose. Gone is the filibuster rule that required 60 votes to move forward.

Many Republicans are thanking former Democratic Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid for that. And they’re retweeting his tweet from 2013 – shedding light on how one decision by the party five years ago helped put Democrats in this position.

In 2013, Reid invoked the “nuclear option,” a historic move that changed a long-standing Senate rule, dropping the number of votes needed to overcome a filibuster from 60 to a simple majority for executive appointments and most judicial nominations — a decision he justified because of trouble getting through court confirmations in the latter half of the Obama Administration.

At the time, then-Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell and many other Republicans warned Reid that he would regret implementing the nuclear option.

“What goes around comes around. And someday they’re going to be in the minority,” Republican Sen. John Thune warned.

(more short-sighted democrat thinking here)

Tikk
7 hours ago, MontyPython said:

<_< 

<_< 

If I were to step into any Barack Obama, I would probably just discard those shoes.  Some things just don't clean off ....

• Agree (+1) 3

Severian

Well, you holier than thou Republicans on the Hill, just remember this when it comes to being upset at the idea of nuking the filibuster. Do it now, to your advantage, because as soon as the Democrats have a Senate majority you can kiss it goodbye anyway. It's going away, so make hay while the sun shines.

• Agree (+1) 1

satellite66

Fox was on at my local deli this and they were playing Obama's comments.  It reminded me how much I hate his tone, cadence and BS.  That is a human POS only surpassed by those who revere and support him on the despicable scale.  

• Agree (+1) 2

USMCforever60
8 hours ago, Ticked@TinselTown said:

<excerpted>

Former President Barack Obama called for sweeping changes to voting laws on Thursday, including making Election Day a national holiday and implementing automatic voter registration, and he embraced eliminating the filibuster if necessary to enact those changes, calling the legislative tool a “Jim Crow relic.”

*snip*

“Bull Connor may be gone, but today we witness with our own eyes police officers kneeling on the necks of Black Americans,” Mr. Obama said, speaking from the same pulpit once used by the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. “George Wallace may be gone, but we can witness our federal government sending agents to use tear gas and batons against peaceful demonstrators.”

*snip*

Hubris - ✔️

Hypocrisy - ✔️

Bald face lying - ✔️

TND as I like to say. Expect nothing different from this lying, inbred, opportunistic chocolate ripple Manchurian candidate...with apologies to Lawrence Harvey!

• Agree (+1) 1

gravelrash

0bama is truly representative of the Democrat party - a jackass.

• Agree (+1) 2

NH Populist
23 minutes ago, satellite66 said:

Fox was on at my local deli this and they were playing Obama's comments.  It reminded me how much I hate his tone, cadence and BS.  That is a human POS only surpassed by those who revere and support him on the despicable scale.  

There isn't a more Pompous Ass on the planet than St. Barack the Magnificent, his stench is all over the riots going on in Leftist cities, guaranteed...

• Agree (+1) 2

Rock N' Roll Right Winger

The Obamunist needs to ESAD.

• Disagree (-1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 1

Fed_up

What irks me more than almost anything is the faux southern black accent he puts on to be authentic to the struggle. This dude was raised mostly in Hawaii and the northern USA.

• Agree (+1) 2

AntiObama

Obama shouted like he was trying to raise the dead.

• Agree (+1) 1

MontyPython
1 hour ago, Fed_up said:

What irks me more than almost anything is the faux southern black accent he puts on to be authentic to the struggle. This dude was raised mostly in Hawaii and the northern USA.

Yup, the slimeball is as phony as a three-dollar bill. That's in addition to his corruption, dishonesty, racism, hypocrisy, etc.

<_< 

• Agree (+1) 1

kestrel
4 hours ago, AntiObama said:

Obama shouted like he was trying to raise the dead.

Imitating Jeremiah Wright?

Kestrel...

• Agree (+1) 2

Noclevermoniker
11 hours ago, Fed_up said:

Cultural approbation, perhaps?  His mom was cracker-white. 

• Agree (+1) 1

RedSoloCup
On 7/31/2020 at 1:35 AM, Ticked@TinselTown said:

<excerpted>

*snip*

*snip*

Hubris - ✔️

Hypocrisy - ✔️

Bald face lying - ✔️

Barry Soetoro- the king a-hole amongst a-holes.

RedSoloCup
On 7/31/2020 at 2:00 AM, MontyPython said:

<_< 

<_< 

:biglaugh:

Me too.

On 7/31/2020 at 2:05 AM, Howsithangin said:

It's all about race with him.  Robert Byrd with a tan

:exactly:

RedSoloCup
On 7/31/2020 at 7:10 AM, Buckwheat Jones said:

Biden was wrong. He’s not clean and articulate. He’s greasy. A real piece of filth. 

23 hours ago, Squirrel said:

Why was there even a funeral in the first place? I thought those along with indoor gatherings especially at churches was banned due to covid? I guess either it’s one more case of the virus being super smart and selective or one more example of democrat hypocrisy 

Good call. I guess the China Virus magically disappears in leftist bizarro world. 

More proof its a sham.

22 hours ago, satellite66 said:

21 hours ago, gravelrash said:

0bama is truly representative of the Democrat party - a jackass.

21 hours ago, Rock N' Roll Right Winger said:

The Obamunist needs to ESAD.

21 hours ago, NH Populist said:

There isn't a more Pompous Ass on the planet than St. Barack the Magnificent, his stench is all over the riots going on in Leftist cities, guaranteed...