To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
pepperonikkid

Jim Jordan grills Dr. Fauci unmercifully when he refuses to say protests help spread COVID-19

Rate this topic

pepperonikkid

Jim Jordan grills Dr. Fauci unmercifully when he refuses to say protests help spread COVID-19

https://www.bizpacreview.com/

Tom Tillison

July 31, 2020 

Article:

Dr. Anthony Fauci ran into a buzzsaw named Rep. Jim Jordan when the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases appeared Friday before the House Select Subcommittee on the Coronavirus Crisis.

The Ohio Republican asked Fauci a simple question, “Do protests increase the spread of the virus?”

After repeating the question, Fauci said, “I think I can make a general statement — ”

When the doctor paused for a moment, Jordan used the opportunity to point out that on June 6 alone, there were “a half-million protesters.”

“Crowding together, particularly when you’re not wearing a mask, contributes to the spread of the virus,” Fauci then said, finishing his thought.

Jordan followed up by asking him if the government should limit the protests.

Fauci replied by saying that he didn’t think that “relevant.”

When Jordan pressed on the matter, Fauci said, “I’m not in a position to determine what the government can do in a forceful way.”

“Well, you make all kinds of recommendations, you make comments on dating, baseball and everything you can image,” Jordan replied, before asking again should the government limit protests.

“No, I think I would leave that to people who have more of a position to do that,” the doctor said.

The GOP lawmaker reminded Fauci that government is stopping people from going to church, citing the recent Supreme Court decision allowing Nevada to limit church services, before asking if “there’s a world where you can favor one First Amendment liberty — protesting — over another — practicing your faith.”

“I’m not favoring anybody over anybody,” Dr. Fauci responded. “I’m just making a statement that’s a broad statement to avoid crowds of any type no matter where you are because that leads to the acquisition and transmission. I don’t judge one crowd versus another crowd.”

Again, Jordan pressed for an answer, noting that while there have been 63 days of violent protests in Portland, there has been no violence in churches.

Fauci said he would not opine on limiting anything, only to have Jordan interject, “You opine on a lot of things.”

“Well, I’m not going to opine on limiting anything,” Fauci told the lawmaker. “I’m telling you what it is, the danger and you can make your own conclusion about that — you should stay away from crowds no matter where the crowds are.”

Full Story

Squirrel

Do we except more from the left? 

• Agree (+1) 1

gravelrash

If I die from Wuhan flu, I want that exchange played at my funeral au lieu de Queen's Sail Away, Sweet Sister.

Natural Selection

I'm starting to think that maybe Fauci is a virus. As recently as March he said "there's no reason to be walking around with a mask". Why would someone with decades of experience with airborne viruses say such a thing...unless he wanted to guarantee himself a job by starting another pandemic? Fauci doesn't want to discourage large gatherings of protesters for two reasons. 1) It keeps the pandemic alive which keeps him employed (watch for his book afterwards), and 2) He doesn't want to offend either political party so he can feed off of whatever host is in power.

Trump is doing the right thing by focusing on a vaccine. Everything else seems to be overrun with political games and people seeking money.

A lot of people have shown their true colors this year.

• Agree (+1) 1

gravelrash

don't be afraid of "it what it what is lt is?" Lie

kestrel

Another fun Jim Jordan Video:

RedSoloCup
15 hours ago, Ticked@TinselTown said:

What a f*cking coward Fauci is... 

He sits there and spews and pontificates when nobody is going to challenge him, but when someone actually rebuts his 'settled science proclamations' he can't be bothered to answer the question honestly.

I get why President Trump doesn't flush this turd like he deserves, but that won't keep me from believing that not only does the President know what this schitbird is up to, but he's also working behind the scenes to make sure that things are getting done FOR the American people rather than continuing with this garbage that Fauci is spewing to serve Felonosi and her comrades.

13 hours ago, Natural Selection said:

I'm starting to think that maybe Fauci is a virus. As recently as March he said "there's no reason to be walking around with a mask". Why would someone with decades of experience with airborne viruses say such a thing...unless he wanted to guarantee himself a job by starting another pandemic? Fauci doesn't want to discourage large gatherings of protesters for two reasons. 1) It keeps the pandemic alive which keeps him employed (watch for his book afterwards), and 2) He doesn't want to offend either political party so he can feed off of whatever host is in power.

Trump is doing the right thing by focusing on a vaccine. Everything else seems to be overrun with political games and people seeking money.

A lot of people have shown their true colors this year.

:exactly:

Fraud-ci wants to milk his 15 minutes for eternity. 

He's senile and needs to disappear. 

Hieronymous
On 7/31/2020 at 1:41 PM, Ticked@TinselTown said:

He sits there and spews and pontificates when nobody is going to challenge him, but when someone actually rebuts his 'settled science proclamations' he can't be bothered to answer the question honestly.

I get why President Trump doesn't flush this turd like he deserves, but that won't keep me from believing that not only does the President know what this schitbird is up to, but he's also working behind the scenes to make sure that things are getting done FOR the American people rather than continuing with this garbage that Fauci is spewing to serve Felonosi and her comrades.

Fauci is a doctor like Obama is a lawyer.

• Best Post (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

RedSoloCup
1 hour ago, Hieronymous said:

:biglaugh:

Ticked@TinselTown
3 hours ago, Hieronymous said:

Like I'm a pinup hottie... :hello:

Timothy

Fauci has been going out of his way to avoid directly answering very politically charged questions like this across the board, from the left or from the right.  Including many questions about if he agrees with something that Trump or other officials in the White House have said.

As someone who is trying to keep the discussion about science rather than politics, it's the right tack to take.

kestrel
3 hours ago, Timothy said:

Fauci has been going out of his way to avoid directly answering very politically charged questions like this across the board, from the left or from the right.  Including many questions about if he agrees with something that Trump or other officials in the White House have said.

As someone who is trying to keep the discussion about science rather than politics, it's the right tack to take.

Thank God that the Good Dr is all about science and not politics..:lol2:.You should really have your morning Latte's before you post..just saying.

Kestrel...

JerryL
On 8/1/2020 at 4:41 AM, Ticked@TinselTown said:

I can't stand this guy.  He is the Joe Biden of the medical world.  He has been the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases for 36 years.  Why don't we have better protocols in place for pandemics?  Why don't we have plans in place already for a virus that comes out of nowhere and is initially predicted to kill millions of Americans?  Why wasn't the US response to previous outbreaks better...like during the swine flu, maybe? 

Just another government bureaucrat who thinks that he is the <censored> because he hasn't been fired for 4 decades. He just loves to see his face on TV and hear himself talk.