Chris Ruddy: Give Trump an A+ on Pandemic Economic Response

Rate this topic

pepperonikkid

Chris Ruddy: Give Trump an A+ on Pandemic Economic Response

https://www.newsmax.com/

By Jason Devaney  

Friday, 31 July 2020

Article:

President Donald Trump deserves an "A+" on how he has handled the economic response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Newsmax CEO Chris Ruddy told CNN Thursday night.

Appearing on CNN's "Cuomo Prime Time," Ruddy defended the Trump administration's handling of the coronavirus and its effect on the nation.

"I think he's done a good job. First of all, let's give him credit. A+ for handling the economic response. We faced a near economic collapse," Ruddy said. "He has signed off on three and, now, soon to be four, bipartisan stimulus bills that are in the trillions of dollars to keep this economy going, keep the country going."

Ruddy and host Chris Cuomo sparred on some of Trump's messaging around wearing masks and his overall leadership, but Ruddy said Trump has been consistent in advocating for the health of the American people while receiving "conflicting" medical advice.

"I know we are in a deeply divisive political period in this country, but I think we should work together," Ruddy said. "The president's been working with Congress on the economic response. The health response has been very important. We are getting a lot of conflicting advice on what people should do or shouldn't do. I think the president's been generally supportive of the conventional approach on this.

"But he is open to listening to other points of view as well, which I think is good."

He added, "He's not responsible for the virus, I think we all agree."

Full Story