Senate Passes Landmark Bill Against China Over COVID

Rate this topic

pepperonikkid

Senate Passes Landmark Bill Against China Over COVID

https://thebeardedpatriot.com/

by The Bearded Patriot

July 31, 2020

Article:

From the very start of the COVID outbreak, people have been demanding answers from China. The country ignored the problem, allowing the deadly disease to spread around the world. Attempts by our lawmakers have been made to hold the communist nation accountable. Now, a Senate committee just approved a bill that will let Americans stick it to China.

The liberal media continues to pathetically try to blame the COVID pandemic on Donald Trump. They still refuse to acknowledge that way back in January, Trump was the only leader trying to address the problem. Democrats and the media were ignoring it, calling Trump “racist” for closing the country to China.

If anyone’s to blame for the spread of the disease (besides Andrew Cuomo), it’s the Chinese Communist Party. Many American leaders and businesses refuse to do this because they receive support or investments from Chinese companies. But the facts are plain to see: China is responsible for the disease infecting the first humans.

China suppressed information about the disease, even as it spread across Wuhan. They even got the WHO to say that the virus can’t pass from person to person, despite obvious evidence that it does. They restricted travel within their own country to slow the spread, but let Chinese nationals travel all over the world.

There is good reason for America to demand recompense from the foreign country. And now, we are one step closer to doing it.

The Senate Judiciary Committee on Thursday approved legislation that would allow people to file lawsuits against China in federal court over damages resulting from the coronavirus pandemic.

“It is clear to me that the Chinese Communist Party deceived the world and manipulated information about coronavirus, committee chairman Lindsey Graham said. “China restricted travel within China to slow the spread, but allowed people from China to travel throughout the world increasing the spread.”

“China was negligent in dealing with the origins of the virus and deceiving the world about the nature of the virus. Americans deserve their day in court,” said Graham, a South Carolina Republican and bill cosponsor. [Source: Just the News]

Full Story

ThePatriot

Somehow, I just don't think the Chicoms will give a damn... :shrug:

• Agree (+1) 2

Rock N' Roll Right Winger
21 minutes ago, ThePatriot said:

Somehow, I just don't think the Chicoms will give a damn... :shrug:

Nor will they pay.

• Agree (+1) 2

Ticked@TinselTown

I'm waiting for Lie-Anne Fine-Swine to call a press conference to attack the bill, its supporters and to point out how groovy the Chinese are... 

• Agree (+1) 2

RedSoloCup
14 hours ago, Rock N' Roll Right Winger said:

Nor will they pay.

:yes:

The Democraps will most definitely see to that!

• Agree (+1) 1

Ticked@TinselTown
16 hours ago, Rock N' Roll Right Winger said:

Nor will they pay.

Sure they will, they'll keep paying the Democrats to run interference and to sideline any meaningful investigations using their clout, their DL side job that isn't quite so DL as one might think...

And, mind you, they take that DL side job far MORE SERIOUSLY than the ACTUAL job they were voted into and took oaths to uphold FOR the American people.

• Agree (+1) 2

Dean Adam Smithee

The Senate has NOTHING better to do than piss around with empty gestures like this?

The ability of an individual to sue a sovereign foreign government is all but insurmountable. You've got to overcome the 11th Amendments, then ESPECIALLY the "Foreign Sovereign Immunities Act", then  International Law. 

YES, congress has done this before. Allowing Americans to sue Iran after the '79 hostage situation. Allowing Americans to sue whomever after 9/11. And now, allowing Americans to sue the ChiComs.  Nice try, and I give it an 'A' for attitude, but just ain't gonna happen. Can anyone here point to a single American that has ever gotten the first nickel from Iran et al ???

Problem is a question of "Jurisdiction". Can anyone here tell me what US court has even "long-arm" jurisdiction over the Gov't of China?

"Long Arm" is a unique concept in US jurisprudence. In a nutshell, it means that if at least one party of a dispute is within Jurisdiction then the court can "reach out" to the other party. It derives at least in part from the "full faith and credit" clause of the Constitution. But that's HERE in the USA; As far as I know, NO other country recognizes this.