To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
kestrel

CDC: 'Perverse Incentive' for Hospitals to Inflate Coronavirus Deaths

Rate this topic

kestrel

Seems we've been having this discussion here lately so I thought I'd drop this..

Kestrel...

breitbart.com

CDC: 'Perverse Incentive' for Hospitals to Inflate Coronavirus Deaths

Edwin Mora 31 Jul 2020

United States hospitals have a “perverse” monetary “incentive” to increase their count of coronavirus fatalities, U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)’s director Robert Redfield indicated under questioning from a Republican lawmaker during a House panel hearing on Friday.

Asked to comment on what Rep. Blaine Luetkemeyer (R-MO) described as the “perverse incentive” during a hearing by the House Oversight and Reform Select Subcommittee on the Coronavirus Crisis, Dr. Redfield responded:

I think you’re correct in that we’ve seen this in other disease processes too, really in the HIV epidemic, somebody may have a heart attack, but also have HIV — the hospital would prefer the [classification] for HIV because there’s greater reimbursement.

So I do think there’s some reality to that. When it comes to death reporting, though, ultimately, it’s how the physician defines it in the death certificate and … we review all of those death certificates.

So I think, probably it is less operable in the cause of death, although I won’t say there are not some cases. I do think though [that] when it comes to hospital reimbursement issues or individuals that get discharged, there could be some play in that for sure.

According to Congressman Luetkemeyer, Adm. Brett Giroir from the U.S. Health and Human Services (HHS) Department has conceded that there is an economic incentive for hospitals to inflate their coronavirus fatalities.

Giroir “acknowledged that the statistics he is getting from the states are over-inflated,” the Republican lawmakers said.

LINK:

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/07/31/cdc-chief-agrees-theres-perverse-economic-incentive-for-hospitals-to-inflate-coronavirus-deaths/?utm_source=whatfinger

Ticked@TinselTown

And?  When are they going to put a STOP to it?

kestrel
33 minutes ago, Ticked@TinselTown said:

And?  When are they going to put a STOP to it?

any day now I'm sure...(when they aren't trying calculate how to cash in on it)

K...

Howsithangin

It's such a burden to be right all the time, eh gang?  How long have we been saying this, in spite of the slings and arrows of The Left?

• Agree (+1) 1

LeansToTheRight

A few things I would like clarified in the reporting to the general public:

1.  Number of deaths directly or “probably” related to Covid.  (Not “died and tested positive”, but died from complications directly related to having contracted the virus)

2.  The number of people who died from contracting the virus (as per item 1) in either a nursing home, hospital, etc.  And publish this number separate from “general population” Covid deaths.

3.  Number of people who have had the virus and have recovered.

4.  Number of people who currently have the virus.  (Case has not been resolved yet by either recovery or death)

5.  Best estimated range of population suspected of having the virus and recovered.

6.  Best estimated range of population who currently have the virus.  (Cases not resolved yet)

7.  From there, best estimate on IFR and morbidity of the virus.

This isn’t unreasonable to ask from our government.

• Best Post (+1) 1

Rock N' Roll Right Winger

We've known this for months.

More proof that hospitals often flat out lie and are dishonest. Pure greed. 

NH Populist
9 hours ago, kestrel said:

So I do think there’s some reality to that. When it comes to death reporting, though, ultimately, it’s how the physician defines it in the death certificate and … we review all of those death certificates.

Yeah right, physicians only lie about SOME of the information on a death certificate?!   If you're going to lie in the first place, how would that even make sense?! 

kestrel
9 hours ago, NH Populist said:

Yeah right, physicians only lie about SOME of the information on a death certificate?!   If you're going to lie in the first place, how would that even make sense?! 

Sure paints a different picture of the medical establishment as well intentioned Healers faithfully living out their Hippocratic Oaths...it's about the money..period.

Kestrel...

MontyPython
17 hours ago, LeansToTheRight said:

A few things I would like clarified in the reporting to the general public:

1.  Number of deaths directly or “probably” related to Covid.  (Not “died and tested positive”, but died from complications directly related to having contracted the virus)

2.  The number of people who died from contracting the virus (as per item 1) in either a nursing home, hospital, etc.  And publish this number separate from “general population” Covid deaths.

3.  Number of people who have had the virus and have recovered.

4.  Number of people who currently have the virus.  (Case has not been resolved yet by either recovery or death)

5.  Best estimated range of population suspected of having the virus and recovered.

6.  Best estimated range of population who currently have the virus.  (Cases not resolved yet)

7.  From there, best estimate on IFR and morbidity of the virus.

This isn’t unreasonable to ask from our government.

Well here's what's "unreasonable" about it: Most of those who need to see those figures probably can't do math anyway.

:shrug: 

Edited by MontyPython