To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
Liz

Liberals can’t deny the complications of counting mail-in ballots:

Rate this topic

Ladybird
52 minutes ago, ThePatriot said:

No, we don't.  We get hit with new viruses all the time.  This one is no different and not any more deadly than the last.

Your argument, such as it is, is weak.  No doubt masks will be required though they do nothing for the most part but make the uneducated feel "safer".  If it makes people feel better, they can provide gloves.  They're cheap and readily available.  "Sanitation" issue resolved and no additional time required.

My experience with voting (yours may vary) has been that the average age of poll workers is about 75. I'm confident these workers would rather not be exposed to 'the 19' any more than those coming to vote do. During this last primary it took more than a half an hour to vote versus the 5 minutes it usually takes.  This is in the suburbs and was only a democratic primary and a few local offices. It's going to be much more crowded for the general election.  I think a few extra days is not too much ask to allow everyone who want to vote get the chance to do so. 

Ladybird
4 minutes ago, MontyPython said:

Nope, I've never seen that. Y'know why? Because I'm WAY too poor to go to Disneyland or any other amusement park. And guess what? Being dirt-poor my entire adult life has NEVER . . . NEVER . . . made it "difficult" to get proper ID and cast my vote. Never. Not once. All this ballyhoo about "needing" to make voting "accessible" to poor people/minorities/whatever and/or that requiring proper ID to vote somehow "disenfranchises" minorities is pure horsesh*t.

Utter nonsense by Democrats who are bound and determined to enable as much voter fraud as possible.

<_< 

This has nothing with voter id. I'm talking about allowing ten days for in person voting, using restrictions to prevent spread of the covid.

Magic Rat
1 minute ago, Ladybird said:

My experience with voting (yours may vary) has been that the average age of poll workers is about 75. I'm confident these workers would rather not be exposed to 'the 19' any more than those coming to vote do. During this last primary it took more than a half an hour to vote versus the 5 minutes it usually takes.  This is in the suburbs and was only a democratic primary and a few local offices. It's going to be much more crowded for the general election.  I think a few extra days is not too much ask to allow everyone who want to vote get the chance to do so. 

Hon, if anything your anecdote illustrates the incompetence of the average Democrat voter more than anything else.

Ladybird
Just now, Magic Rat said:

Hon, if anything your anecdote illustrates the incompetence of the average Democrat voter more than anything else.

And? Insults of the populace aside, we still have a general election in November during a pandemic (even if you think it's all a hoax) that can be executed satisfactorily without putting folks at risk.

oki
2 minutes ago, Ladybird said:

How about ballots go out in the mail, but people have to drop them off in person at a polling station?
IE Poll worker is sitting in a partition with a small cut out under neath where they receive the ballot and ID.  Ballot is fed to the machine(also behind glass) and the I.D. is photo copied.

Poll worker is kept safe and the lines would actually move pretty fast as there would be no need to wait for a person to make there selections. 

• Like (+1) 1

Ticked@TinselTown
4 hours ago, Ladybird said:

I'm wary of a 100 million mail-in voters too. I think if we all had ten days to vote, and the polling stations were well staffed to deal with the COVID restrictions/sanitizing and technical support (broken machines), we could pull this off without everyone needing a mail-in ballot.  Either way an increase in staff will be necessary, at the post office or polling stations. No one should have to wait on line for 3 hours just to cast a vote.

It's a COLD day because I happen to agree with you.

Going to the polling places is still the best way for most people to vote. 

They have their masks or they can pick them up at the polling place before going in to cast their votes.

It isn't like they DON'T HAVE TIME to make the proper accommodations for such a thing.

Ladybird

To be clear, I'm not against absentee or mail in ballots, if they're both using the same credentials.  I think that if we made in-person voting safe and more accessible however, it won't be necessary.

On a side note, the masks I ordered in March arrived today. I'm voting in person.

Magic Rat
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Ladybird said:

And? Insults of the populace aside, we still have a general election in November during a pandemic (even if you think it's all a hoax) that can be executed satisfactorily without putting folks at risk.

Insults, huh?  You used to have a sense of humor before you went CRAAAZY.  I don't think it is a hoax.  I think Covid is a medium health risk that has become a purposeful attempt to create hysteria so scumbag politicians and their media toadies can control the populace.  Get my position right if you want to have a pathetic and impotent argument against it.

There is no way and I mean NO WAY and NO censoredING WAY there will be a corrupt-free mail in ballot system in any state.  The current states that use it have shown to be corrupt up to their balls.   There especially won't be one created in only 92 days.  This is a useless conversation because everyone knows it and that this is simply on the agenda for Democrats have an excuse when Biden loses (and he will) and to cheat if this comes that national standard in the future.

Edited by Magic Rat
  • Agree (+1) 1

MontyPython
24 minutes ago, Ladybird said:

This has nothing with voter id. I'm talking about allowing ten days for in person voting, using restrictions to prevent spread of the covid.

Yes I know. I'm addressing the thread's subject concerning mail-in ballots, and the fact that it will encourage and enable voting fraud, and providing an example proving that Democrats have been desperately trying to encourage and enable voting fraud for many years.

B)

• Agree (+1) 2

ThePatriot
16 minutes ago, Ladybird said:

As much as you would seem to want it to be an issue, time is not a problem.  We've seen that 55% of businesses won't reopen, which means there are tens of millions of people out of work - time is something they have in abundance.  Don't want to wait in line?  Then don't vote if your time sitting around is so valuable you can't use it to cast a vote.

At least we're talking about the right solution - voting in person - as opposed to trying to vet, verify and count 160 million mail in ballots which would result in at least 28% of ballots getting thrown out and God only knows how much voter fraud.

My personal opinion is 10 days is far too long.  Even 1 extra day presents problems and opportunities for ballot box stuffing and other types of fraud.  If there is enough time to put sufficient safeguards in place to insure the integrity of the election, then fine.  Otherwise, the risk is too high.

Specs
3 hours ago, oki said:

Well, kinda'.    Green Bay is by and large in the middle Conservative leaning, last election the very long wait times happened.  But, that was because there was a grand total of two polling stations open.  But, this stems from our knucklehead Leftist Dem Gov not having the God given sense to think that even before calling a state wide emergency he should have also called an emergency session of the Legislature to deal with and address the upcoming election that was only weeks away(at that time). 

So, then it still stems from democRATs and their inability to properly allow conservatives to vote :) 

Every single instance I have seen of long lines for voting are due to maleficence by democRATs trying to disenfranchise voters. Look at Florida 2000? Every single instance of voter problem was in districts ran by democRATs. In your example, it was because the democRAT governor refused to properly address problems caused by its lack of leadership. That governor was hoping that a depressed turnout in a conservative leaning district would aid the democRAT party. 

3 hours ago, Ladybird said:

Whether that is true or not (only Democratic districts) doesn't change the fact that it shouldn't happen.

Don't vote for democRATs and it will not happen :) 

That would of course have to come from someone with the intelligence and critical thinking skills, which is lacking in those that support the democRAT party today.

There is nothing good that comes from the current democRAT party. Even John Kennedy would be a Republican by today's democRAT party standards.

oki
3 minutes ago, Specs said:

So, then it still stems from democRATs and their inability to properly allow conservatives to vote :) 

Every single instance I have seen of long lines for voting are due to maleficence by democRATs trying to disenfranchise voters. Look at Florida 2000? Every single instance of voter problem was in districts ran by democRATs. In your example, it was because the democRAT governor refused to properly address problems caused by its lack of leadership. That governor was hoping that a depressed turnout in a conservative leaning district would aid the democRAT party. 

Don't vote for democRATs and it will not happen :) 

That would of course have to come from someone with the intelligence and critical thinking skills, which is lacking in those that support the democRAT party today.

There is nothing good that comes from the current democRAT party. Even John Kennedy would be a Republican by today's democRAT party standards.

O no, denying where it stems from.  Wisconsin's primary/spring election was a perfect example.  Issue a state wide emergency, lock things down some, not even bother to call an emergency session of State Legislature prior to making an order to try and postpone state elections, and then have a Cow when the State Supreme Court struck it down.  Then scream and b$tch about public safety, that the other side doesn't give a damn about public health?  All the idiot had to due was at the time the Emergency Order was issued call a Emergency Session of Legislature to address the April Elections and request postponing it, or come up with a better way.  And yeah, J.F.K. would definitely be a Republican, Tax cuts alone would make him an enemy to the D.N.C. 

• Agree (+1) 1

Severian
13 hours ago, Liz said:

State officials, who included pre-stamped return envelopes when they sent the ballots, apparently didn’t know that such envelopes often don’t get postmarked.

Uh huh, pull the other one, it's go bells on it. They knew, if they use this to get un-dated ballots accepted, it opens the door to them counting all the prearranged "absentee" ballots. They want to steal an election and have all the time they need during the recounts to easily slip in enough mail ballots.

zurg

It must not be 10 days. It must not be 2 days. Heck, a 3-hour time difference and the democrat media are already trying to influence the outcome. “Biden’s probably gonna take PA so you folks in AZ and CO shouldn’t bother going to vote.” That type of stuff. 

So you give them DAYS to do that instead? Forget it! 

ThePatriot
27 minutes ago, zurg said:

It must not be 10 days. It must not be 2 days. Heck, a 3-hour time difference and the democrat media are already trying to influence the outcome. “Biden’s probably gonna take PA so you folks in AZ and CO shouldn’t bother going to vote.” That type of stuff. 

So you give them DAYS to do that instead? Forget it! 

Excellent point.

CHANG

10 days.  2 weeks. Hell give them the month of November. 

1 day. That’s it. We get 1 day. Election Day. A lot of employers now give the day off so people can vote. I noticed that in 2008 during that “historic” election. Because a blackish man was running that , and only that, made it historic. 

but, I digress...

One day is all that’s needed and all that should be allotted.  Can things be streamlined so that the process moves a bit faster? Absolutely. But, any extension of voting hours is that much more opportunity for those who wish to corrupt the results to corrupt the results.

• Agree (+1) 1

Specs
1 hour ago, oki said:

O no, denying where it stems from.  Wisconsin's primary/spring election was a perfect example.  Issue a state wide emergency, lock things down some, not even bother to call an emergency session of State Legislature prior to making an order to try and postpone state elections, and then have a Cow when the State Supreme Court struck it down.  Then scream and b$tch about public safety, that the other side doesn't give a damn about public health?  All the idiot had to due was at the time the Emergency Order was issued call a Emergency Session of Legislature to address the April Elections and request postponing it, or come up with a better way.  And yeah, J.F.K. would definitely be a Republican, Tax cuts alone would make him an enemy to the D.N.C. 

I remember all that in the spring. Man, that seems so far away with all the other bull&lt;censored&gt; going on with this fake pandemic.

The only good thing with this fake pandemic (and it is fake, how many hospitals closed down during the last pandemics or laid off workers by the thousands?) is that I get to work from home. No more hour-long commute to the city! And as I have performed awesomely during the whole thing, they are talking about letting me continue to work from home majority of the time even after November 5th when we can all get back to normal.

• Agree (+1) 1

Howsithangin
18 hours ago, Weaseljd said:

So a system that was used before electricity, the telegraph, railroads, or even paved roads outside of major urban centers even existed in the US suddenly is no longer any good, and people (or someone "acting" on their behalf) need to have ballots mailed to them so they can exercise their "rights" in voting because they are incapable of requesting an absentee ballot if they are afraid to vote in person due to COVID (despite the fact I am betting they all stand in line to buy groceries each week) or to appear in person for a few minutes at a polling station?  This makes no sense - and the ONLY reason can be because they know a. if you make voting that easy, the lazy and uninformed will mail in a ballot just like they vote in american idol (whcih Dems know will help them), and/or b.  they can send someone door to door to "collect" these ballots.  And why are mail in ballots not also racist and discriminatory against the poor?  I mean if a poor person cannot afford the $7 to obtain an ID, how can they afford the 50 cents for a stamp?

Now stop that right now!  We will have no logic on this topic, mister! 

:P

Howsithangin
18 hours ago, Weaseljd said:

So a system that was used before electricity, the telegraph, railroads, or even paved roads outside of major urban centers even existed in the US suddenly is no longer any good, and people (or someone "acting" on their behalf) need to have ballots mailed to them so they can exercise their "rights" in voting because they are incapable of requesting an absentee ballot if they are afraid to vote in person due to COVID (despite the fact I am betting they all stand in line to buy groceries each week) or to appear in person for a few minutes at a polling station?  This makes no sense - and the ONLY reason can be because they know a. if you make voting that easy, the lazy and uninformed will mail in a ballot just like they vote in american idol (whcih Dems know will help them), and/or b.  they can send someone door to door to "collect" these ballots.  And why are mail in ballots not also racist and discriminatory against the poor?  I mean if a poor person cannot afford the $7 to obtain an ID, how can they afford the 50 cents for a stamp?

Leftist response: "You're racist!"

<_<

Howsithangin
17 hours ago, Specs said:

You could take hand sanitizer with you if you are afraid of a virus that has less than .05% chance of killing you...

Waiting in line that long only happens in districts controlled by democRATs as they try to weed out conservatives

:clap:

Howsithangin
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Ladybird said:

On a side note, the masks I ordered in March arrived today. I'm voting in person.

wow!  We've been able to purchase them at stores for the past month.

Public Service Announcement:  If anyone needs masks, PM me, and I'll send you some!  Mail to the mainland takes a week.  

Edited by Howsithangin
  • Agree (+1) 2

Timothy

Texas has had two weeks of early voting for years.  Government Abbot recently extended early voting to 3 weeks for the upcoming election.

Fiscally and administratively it makes a ton of sense.  If everyone votes on one day, you have to have enough voting machines, trained staff, voting locations etc for everyone to vote on one day.  More than half of voters have voted early in the last few elections in Travis County (Austin), cutting the number of voting machines the County has to buy significantly.  The same staff can work early voting every day, cutting down greatly on the number of poll workers the County has to recruit and train, mishaps because of there being a learning curve for new staff, etc.

• Agree (+1) 1

Squirrel
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Timothy said:

Texas has had two weeks of early voting for years.  Government Abbot recently extended early voting to 3 weeks for the upcoming election.

Fiscally and administratively it makes a ton of sense.  If everyone votes on one day, you have to have enough voting machines, trained staff, voting locations etc for everyone to vote on one day.  More than half of voters have voted early in the last few elections in Travis County (Austin), cutting the number of voting machines the County has to buy significantly.  The same staff can work early voting every day, cutting down greatly on the number of poll workers the County has to recruit and train, mishaps because of there being a learning curve for new staff, etc.

And Texas has done blanket mail in voting during that whole early voting time? Strange I live in Dallas and have for 20 years. I have yet for me or my wife to just get a mail in vote form in the mail. But hey we didn’t request them either. Maybe you can address blanket mail in forms and that problem? I guess your “ learning curve” means how long it takes Republicans to catch on? 

Edited by Squirrel

Squirrel

I guess it will now be 12 hrs before the left releases new talking points and those members can respond