To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
MTP Reggie

Seattle Police Chief Sends Letters To Residents: We Cannot Enforce The Law, You Are On Your Own

Rate this topic

MTP Reggie

Seattle Police Chief Sends Letters To Residents: We Cannot Enforce The Law, You Are On Your Own
July 26, 2020
Baxter Dmitry

<More Here>

The Seattle Police Department announced on Friday that residents and business owners are essentially on their own, after the leftist City Council banned police from using standard crowd control tools including pepper spray and other tools used to disperse large, violent crowds.

“Simply put, the legislation gives officers NO ability to safely intercede to preserve property in the midst of a large, violent crowd,” reads a letter from Seattle Chief of Police, Carmen Best, who added that thanks to the City Council, “Seattle Police will have an adjusted deployment in response to any demonstrations this weekend.“

And in anticipation of violent weekend protests coordinated by leftists on social media platforms (the same social media platforms that ban conservatives for using mean words), Seattle business and police have been boarding up.

(snip)

<More Here>

Ticked@TinselTown

Well, it isn't like the people of Seattle aren't getting a front row seat to the living breathing example of cause and effect playing out.

And, they have no one else but themselves to blame for it.

Those who didn't vote for the city council and mayor need to get out if at all possible, at least until some semblance of sanity returns, which tells me pack up and go while it's still possible.

The rest of the nation should be watching this because this is exactly what will happen outside their own front doors if they continue to be so tolerant of the factions in this country that hate America and are doing everything they can to kill it, one violent, tacitly approved riot, looting and pillaging act at a time.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Best Post (+1) 2
  • Agree (+1) 1

mjperry51

Seattle is populated by a mass of petulant 4 year olds who vote.

I heard once that elections have consequences. . .

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree (+1) 2

Magic Rat

I happen to like Chief Best.  She has done as well as anyone could considering she and her department have been cut off at the knees by scumbag leftwing politicians.  I appreciate her position and it sucks.  I think she should resign for her own good.

• Agree (+1) 3

ThePatriot

The people of Seattle are getting exactly what they voted for - let's hope they learn the lesson that voting has consequences.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree (+1) 1

MTP Reggie
2 minutes ago, ThePatriot said:

The people of Seattle are getting exactly what they voted for - let's hope they learn the lesson that voting has consequences.

:lol3:

No, seriously...

• Haha (+1) 1

Skipjack

So, I'd want a clear understanding of what 'on your own' means.  If citizens have carte blanche to defend themselves and property as the need arises,  this could have real possibilities. If it just means that only the leftist bedwetters are free to do as they please, that's just more of the same.

• Agree (+1) 1

Bubbajoebob

It can be uncomfortable to see someone get gassed, hit with a rubber bullet, etc.Sometimes the person on the receiving end is relatively innocent -- a kid brought by her parents, someone on the sidewalk watching the events, etc.  But what are the purpose of these crowd-control methods?  Isn't it to provide alternatives somewhere between doing nothing leaving the populace defenseless, or getting out machine guns and mowing down the crowds when they become out-of-control?

• Agree (+1) 1

USNRETWIFE
3 hours ago, Magic Rat said:

I happen to like Chief Best.  She has done as well as anyone could considering she and her department have been cut off at the knees by scumbag leftwing politicians.  I appreciate her position and it sucks.  I think she should resign for her own good.

I have been following her and I think she's doing as well as expected too, but I am happy to hear the opinion of someone who lives closer than I do.

Howsithangin

:popcorn:

Rock N' Roll Right Winger
6 hours ago, Skipjack said:

So, I'd want a clear understanding of what 'on your own' means.  If citizens have carte blanche to defend themselves and property as the need arises,  this could have real possibilities. If it just means that only the leftist bedwetters are free to do as they please, that's just more of the same.

Yep.

Because with citizens, lethal force IS on the table of options to deal with these leftist thugs.

• Agree (+1) 1

MontyPython
5 hours ago, Bubbajoebob said:

It can be uncomfortable to see someone get gassed, hit with a rubber bullet, etc.Sometimes the person on the receiving end is relatively innocent -- a kid brought by her parents, someone on the sidewalk watching the events, etc.  But what are the purpose of these crowd-control methods?  Isn't it to provide alternatives somewhere between doing nothing leaving the populace defenseless, or getting out machine guns and mowing down the crowds when they become out-of-control?

Exactly.

+1.

The whole purpose of things like rubber bullets and tear gas and pepper spray and so forth is to help reduce serious injury/death while still stopping criminals from continuing to engage in criminal activity. Take away the non-lethal weapons and all you have left are the lethal weapons. That's really what the leftists want? More killing?

:scratch: 

• Like (+1) 1

Noclevermoniker
15 minutes ago, MontyPython said:

Exactly.

+1.

The whole purpose of things like rubber bullets and tear gas and pepper spray and so forth is to help reduce serious injury/death while still stopping criminals from continuing to engage in criminal activity. Take away the non-lethal weapons and all you have left are the lethal weapons. That's really what the leftists want? More killing?

:scratch: 

Their scheme seems to be continual escalation in the hope of provoking the President into a bloodbath that he’ll be blamed for. 

• Agree (+1) 1

MontyPython
34 minutes ago, Noclevermoniker said:

Their scheme seems to be continual escalation in the hope of provoking the President into a bloodbath that he’ll be blamed for. 

Well they'll try to blame it on Trump. And of course roughly half the country will be stupid enough to fall for it. You know, the ones who've fallen for the vicious lies that he's a "racist" and/or a "misogynist" and/or that he said "white supremacists are fine people" and so forth.

Oh well, all objective, intelligent observers have known for years the depth of stupidity required to be a leftist in the first place.

<_< 

• Agree (+1) 1

ASE

Gee, I sure hope a 'large violent crowd' doesn't descend on the workplaces or homes of those politicians who are preventing the police from doing their jobs. If that happened, I guess the police would be powerless to handle the matter, wouldn't they? 

Howsithangin
47 minutes ago, ASE said:

Gee, I sure hope a 'large violent crowd' doesn't descend on the workplaces or homes of those politicians who are preventing the police from doing their jobs. If that happened, I guess the police would be powerless to handle the matter, wouldn't they? 

It sure got the mayor of Portland to modify her tune,

ASE

Yeah, funny how when things hit home (in a literal sense), it tends to change the tune one is singing.