To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
Moderator T

Police bodycam footage of George Floyd arrest leaked, published despite public distribution being prohibited

Rate this topic

Squirrel
3 minutes ago, grimreefer said:

The way you try to use this child as a virtual human shield is what's truly sad.

It’s really sad TG thinks black people are too stupid to follow rules or have any responsibility in the out come of their actions. It’s kind of racist deeming a whole group of people retarded due to the color of their skin. It’s also racist saying anouther group of lighter skinned people have to put up with that culture. But hey that’s just my view.

• Agree (+1) 1

That_Guy
5 hours ago, Moderator T said:

The two rookies actions are reasonable under the circumstances. 

This is a "reasonable use of force" during the course of an investigation into the possible use of a counterfeit bill?  Compressing a suspect's torso and compromising the function of his respiratory system for six minutes, then continuing for three more minutes after the suspect was unresponsive?

106562107-1591121674517200528-user-video

What law enforcement agency trained you to believe this?

grimreefer
2 minutes ago, That_Guy said:

This is a "reasonable use of force" during the course of an investigation into the possible use of a counterfeit bill?  Compressing a suspect's torso and compromising the function of his respiratory system for six minutes, then continuing for three more minutes after the suspect was unresponsive?

While I do not condone knees to the neck as a regular tactic, you keep conveniently ignoring the fact that at that point it was no longer just about passing a counterfeit note. If you truly want a discussion, try to be more honest.

zurg
7 minutes ago, That_Guy said:

What extreme political affiliation trained you to lie about what others have said? 

Oh, antifa/democrats. Thanks. 

That_Guy
1 hour ago, grimreefer said:

at that point it was no longer just about passing a counterfeit note

If not compliance with police officers, what was it about?

grimreefer
4 minutes ago, That_Guy said:

If not compliance with police officers, what was it about?

I'm not seeing "compliance with police officers" in your post.

Severian
18 hours ago, JerryL said:

But it It also doesn't excuse Floyd's lifetime of drugs and crime...including his drugs and crimes on that day.  Absent his lifetime of abuse of drugs and criminal activity, he is still alive and America is not burning.  There is no "or die," just as there is no denying that Floyd's criminal activity set all of this <censored>storm in motion.

From the autopsy report he may well have croaked even if the cops didn't try and arrest him. The kind and amount of drugs in his system combined with his heart and vascular issues means he was a grenade with the pin pulled, just waiting to go off.

JerryL
On 8/7/2020 at 10:34 PM, Moderator T said:

Indeed I'd even say the reverse is true.  Not only were they charged, they were all overcharged.  Chauvin did not commit murder here, he committed a different crime.  The two rookies actions are reasonable under the circumstances.  The fourth officer was twenty feet away with his back to it almost the entire time, fully occupied in dealing with the crowd.  Only on of the four deserves charges at all, and if he gets an honest jury he stands a good chance at walking entirely because they overcharged him in order to keep the mobs happy.

I don't disagree. 

I have been, and remain, absolutely disgusted by the actions of Chauvin on that day.  Sorry, but you don't kneel on someone's neck for almost 10 minutes and not expect that bad things will happen.  I, like pretty much everyone on this planet, have felt that way since day one.

But none of that changes the fact that Floyd's actions...let's be honest, Floyd's life choices over most of his life...are what led to this.  No criminal activity, no resisting arrest, no drug abuse, no erratic behavior (and all of that on that day) and he is alive and with his lovely daughter today.  Chauvin was not out "hunting" for Floyd that day. Minus the criminal activity, they never meet.  There is absolutely no contradiction in condemning his death and the actions of Chauvin while at the same time acknowledging that Floyd was a career criminal with violent history and life long drug abuse.  I don't understand the need to raise Floyd to sainthood in order to condemn Chauvin.

As for the others, they were officers of the law...rookies or not.  In my mind, they are implicated in this death through their inaction.  JMO, but I have felt that way since the beginning.

And That_Racist's attempts to appeal to emotion for Floyd's daughter, given the celebration dances he does for every aborted baby (including the millions of aborted black babies), is simply another example of how there is not depth of disgusting to which he won't eagerly dive.  Sickening.  As for his "Comply or Die" meme, that is a lie.  The phrase implies that there is a policy that allows for killing those who don't comply or, at least, excusing their deaths if it comes to that.  There is no such policy and no one is excusing Chauvin.  Just more progressive, racist, BS.  

• Best Post (+1) 1

JerryL
On 8/8/2020 at 4:41 AM, grimreefer said:

While I do not condone knees to the neck as a regular tactic, you keep conveniently ignoring the fact that at that point it was no longer just about passing a counterfeit note. If you truly want a discussion, try to be more honest.

He hasn't had an honest discussion since he joined.

On 8/8/2020 at 4:44 AM, zurg said:

What extreme political affiliation trained you to lie about what others have said? 

Oh, antifa/democrats. Thanks. 

Leftist progressive racist.

On 8/8/2020 at 7:48 AM, Severian said:

From the autopsy report he may well have croaked even if the cops didn't try and arrest him. The kind and amount of drugs in his system combined with his heart and vascular issues means he was a grenade with the pin pulled, just waiting to go off.

While possibly true, it doesn't excuse the actions of the police and particularly Chauvin.  

• Agree (+1) 1